PDA

View Full Version : Twin Turbo Mach1

jack
02-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Looking at the new MM&FF and the yellow Mach 1 with 1000hp. Thats a crazy horsepower number to be running on the street. He must change tires every week. If you could get that power to the ground it would be a fun ride.

Rodo
02-25-2005, 10:18 PM
YEAH I SAW THAT RIDE , IT IS DEFINITLY SWEET.......I KNOW I WOULD LIKE TO BOIL OFF A COUPLE SETS OF TIRES IN THAT THING! IT WOULD PROBALLY DIG THE ASPHALT UP IF YOU COULD GET SOME TRACTION.:hail:

coleman
02-26-2005, 03:41 AM
From what I've heard, that 1000 HP was very inaccurate ... I heard that even the owner doesn't know where that lofty number was obtained.
He is making no where near 1000 ... so I hear.

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showpost.php?p=307689&postcount=22
HA! I was only running at 3 psi (~350 hp or so) with street tires. I couldnt even get off the line I was spinning so bad. I demand a rematch! :p

Seems like I'm the only one who hasnt seen the article yet though. :S

I have heard rumors about the article though and I do want to clear up something. I am not at 1000 hp yet. The person who wrote the article didnt pay attention. No way I can get 1000 out of 55# injectors without some crazy fuel pressure. Now with turbo's that I have, I can easily get to 1000 hp (~24 psi) with them if I upgrade the fuel system (which I am going to have done before the end of the year). Currently I have a problem with the MAF and cannot get it above 4200 rpms without it leaning out badly at any pressure above 6 psi. So I have to take it back up to tulsa to have the MAF replaced and the chip retuned. Although, at 14 psi @ 4200 rpms I am putting down 530-ish rwhp and 600 torque. Who knows what it would be if we could take it up all the way to redline. I am hoping to have the MAF problem fixed within the next month or two.

It's not a stock 8.8. Not sure what the article says since I havent seen it yet but I have moser axles and a Ford 31 spline diff in it. I dont believe I am going to have much of a problem out of it yet.

I still dont know how you guys got an April issue of MM&FF when its not even March yet.