PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all that came to the drag day!

cobrabitn
02-26-2005, 11:22 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone that showed up for the drag day. I think you can agree that it was a lot of fun and we had the best event ever in SCMC history at Carolina Dragway. Our final participants count is somewhere around 70 racers and we gave away $500.00 to the bracket winner and runner up. ($350 and $150 respectively). We had around 150 spectators and the cars that were there running today were top notch.

A huge "Thank you" to George Ciamillio of MGW for supporting our club by providing those really cool awards. A big thanks to Lisa and Clarence Milstead, Robbie and Patti Helton, and Ronnie and Maranda for helping with registration, gathering trophies, giving out the awards. Thanks to Dave Stanfield who helped with taking pictures, video, and for doing some leg work to help keep everything organized. Thanks to the personnel at Carolina Dragway for always being great hosts, we really appreciate it!

I have some pics and video to put up on the site so we'll get that up as soon as we can along with the winners list!

Thanks to all for a great dayand a super event! :thumbsup:

yelsvt03cobra
02-27-2005, 08:57 AM
Man you ain't joking about having a good day. It was an awesome turnout and as always the track crew had it going on. Carolina has always been our favorite track and these event's just remind us why.

Thank's to everyone for a great day... We met several new great people and ran our best times so far. The wife was tickled with her breakout of the bracket's and didn't realize that she still won but that just made it even better.

The kid's had a blast in the Jr. Dragsters as always!

We are already looking forward to Nov. or whenever SCMC get's it planned.

Thank's again for an awesome day,

Chris, Tanya and kid's. :thumbsup:

MGWLTD
02-27-2005, 12:47 PM
tony,

i had alot of fun and i agree it seemed like the best drag day ever. the weather was PERFECT.

i am sorry i could not make it to dinner last night. i went back to the shop to lock it up and my dad was there. he wanted to discuss a buch of business stuff ( i am buying the building from him) and before i knew it it was 7:00!!!!!!!

i will see you at CMP and we can sit and chat at dinner friday or saturday :)

regards
george

kilroy
02-27-2005, 04:31 PM
Tony,

As usual, you put on another great event! Making new friends as well as seeing old friends made this day more fun than my high school reunion. :thumbsup:

-James

johnbasf
02-27-2005, 07:10 PM
:ttiwwop:

yelsvt03cobra
02-27-2005, 10:41 PM
Here are a few pictures and the results of the blue V-6 looking stang with slicks.

Feel free to post any additional pictures here if you want to.

http://corruptedstangs.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=2;t=728

cobrabitn
02-27-2005, 10:46 PM
I have lots of pics and videos but I'll have to get to them during the week... :)

InfamousSVT
02-27-2005, 10:53 PM
I had a blast at Dragday!

I guess next time I'll have me a set of Dragradials to throw on the Cobra to get down the track a little bit better!:D

It was a great turn out and the weather was perfect! I enjoyed it!

-Jason

yelsvt03cobra
02-28-2005, 09:26 PM
If anyone has any pictures that you would like posted feel free to send them to me and I will be glad to post them with a link.

yelsvt03cobra@aol.com

Did anyone by any chance get the video of the junky white hatch back fox with no tail lights make her only pass?