97CasperCobra
02-27-2005, 02:49 PM
the new intake. C&L Inlet pipe with JLT's Budget Air intake. :headbang:

Before:

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/150/img_0360sm.jpg

After:

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/150/img_0378sm.jpg

Nice seat of the pants power....can't wait to go to the track now. :thumbsup:

Also made my own oil seperator. Didn't put it where I wanted to originally as I didn't have enough tubing to reach, but you get the general idea.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/150/img_0379sm.jpg

Levi
02-27-2005, 03:14 PM
That's sweet man. :thumbsup: Love the look of the new intake. You got to hook me up with that new oil seperator. :D

jimmysidecarr
02-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Looks good!

I think I'm going to do the oil separator thing too...

When street driving, after a hard pull(after being naughty :naughty: )... in an attempt to keep my wheels free of brake dust a little longer... I let it coast down in one of the lower gears(usually the one I was just in)...

This is the time when manifold vacuum is the highest, and when most of the oil vapor gets sucked into the intake tract.

So for me(until I get louder exhaust :rolleyes: ).... this mod makes a lot of sense.

BTW Mike.. if you have not already done it , you will want to get a little vacuum plug for that top nipple on the 90 degree adapter on your PCV valve.

That is a vacuum leak, if left unplugged.(unmetered air = lean = bad)... $.49 easy fix.

Jimmy :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
02-27-2005, 04:07 PM
BTW Mike.. if you have not already done it , you will want to get a little vacuum plug for that top nipple on the 90 degree adapter on your PCV valve.

That's the PCV valve I got at AutoZone. I don't like it one bit b/c it has two "adapters" you can use, but it did come with it's own plug so I've got that under control.

Guys, let me know if you want me to make you one of the oil seperators, it's not a hard job....just gotta figure out how to mount mine better and out of the way. :thumbsup:

Here's where I'd LIKE to install it:

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/150/img_0380sm.jpg

97CasperCobra
02-27-2005, 04:11 PM
I just got another idea....what about putting ANOTHER seperator on the other side from the valve cover to the intake tube??? Think that'd work as well??? :dunno:

jimmysidecarr
02-27-2005, 04:23 PM
I just got another idea....what about putting ANOTHER seperator on the other side from the valve cover to the intake tube??? Think that'd work as well??? :dunno:

YES!!
It is a good idea on boosted cars, or older cars with some miles on them.
Quite a few High boost Terminator guys are running two already!
Most have commented on how surprised the were, at the amount of oil being caught.......... that used to be spewed onto the intercooler, and then into the cylinders!!!

When oil gets into the intake air stream, it lowers the effective octane rating of whatever gas you are running(makes detonation events more likely)

So as you can see there are multiple benefits to this "low buck/home grown" mod.

97CasperCobra
02-27-2005, 05:08 PM
YES!!
It is a good idea on boosted cars, or older cars with some miles on them.

that would be MINE..... :( going on 85K miles. Thanks for all the help Yimmy!!! :thumbsup:

Carl G
02-27-2005, 05:32 PM
Have you guys seen my oil separator made from billet aluminum,and black anodized and fits to fire wall. I will show yall Tuesday night when I make it out for dinner. :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
02-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Have you guys seen my oil separator made from billet aluminum,and black anodized and fits to fire wall. I will show yall Tuesday night when I make it out for dinner. :thumbsup:

Guess I REALLY need to go on Tuesday then don't I. Between you and Keith and showing off my mods. :D

Levi
02-27-2005, 05:42 PM
:bounce:

You got to hook me up with that new oil seperator. :D

97CasperCobra
02-28-2005, 12:23 AM
:bounce:

$25 I'll make ya one. We'll talk Tuesday. :thumbsup:

Mephisto
02-28-2005, 10:17 AM
I just bought the kit so I could mount it on the firewall as you show Mike. I am interested in another one that I could just put inline to the intake. I think I have seen that for some reason most of the oil comes out the drivers side, even for guys with 2 units installed.
Mine fills up pretty quick. I have heard of guys piping in an oil return so you do not have to empty the thing. Any good ideas how to do this without a big hassle?

Firme
02-28-2005, 01:05 PM
... I have heard of guys piping in an oil return so you do not have to empty the thing. Any good ideas how to do this without a big hassle?

I was looking into the same thing Henry. I haven't installed mine yet trying to figure out the best way to do it. I don't wanna forget to empty em and have them filled up.

Levi
02-28-2005, 02:30 PM
This would make for a fun tech day. :cool:

03 cobra toy
02-28-2005, 02:35 PM
Don't forget the Canton oil pan :thumbsup:

Another mod engine was lost at the track (VIR) :eek:

97CasperCobra
02-28-2005, 04:21 PM
This would make for a fun tech day. :cool:

takes 5 minutes to install buddy...it'd be a SHORT tech day. ;)

John Chingasos
02-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Mike

can you do one for the Mach 1 and the 93 Cobra??

97CasperCobra
02-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Mike

can you do one for the Mach 1 and the 93 Cobra??

I'll have to look at the plumbing, but I don't think it should be all that hard. :thumbsup:

spitfire
03-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Have you guys seen my oil separator made from billet aluminum,and black anodized and fits to fire wall. I will show yall Tuesday night when I make it out for dinner. :thumbsup:I'll take two for my Cobra! Just PM me with the details! :bounce: