PDA

View Full Version : One more week till TWS

Carl G
02-27-2005, 05:37 PM
Man I cant wait till we are back on the track. All this damn traveling has really been fairly stressful. Cobra's + Track event= STRESS RELIEF :thumbsup: Has everyone made their motel reservation? I am going up early Saturday morning, have room for Saturday night. Hope we can all go to dinner later. Lost out on pit area, forgot to reserve in time :( Oh well see yall at the track :thumbsup: :bounce:

97CasperCobra
02-27-2005, 05:41 PM
I should be there.....hopefully I can crash with one of you guys if I can put up 1/2 the room. I wanna get some rides and can definately help out in the pit area. if ONLY the weather will hold like it is today. :drool:

Levi
02-27-2005, 05:52 PM
I got my reservations and will be going up Friday evening. I canít wait till this weekend for some track time and hanging with my friends. :thumbsup:

Mephisto
02-28-2005, 10:44 AM
Crap I forgot to reserve a room, now manor house is full for Sat. Is anyone staying anywhere else? What are the other hotels that are close?

Levi
02-28-2005, 10:52 AM
Hotels: The Driverís Edge has rooms blocked at the following hotels.
Be sure to tell them you are with The Driverís Edge.
Manor House Inn 800 231-4100
Days Inn 979 696-6988
Participants receive a special room rate when they mention T.D.E. Please make your reservations ASAP to guarantee a room.

Bingo13
02-28-2005, 02:51 PM
A good page for remembering how to setup the car-

http://rogerkrausracing.com/overundr.html

Mephisto
02-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Hotels: The Driverís Edge has rooms blocked at the following hotels.
Be sure to tell them you are with The Driverís Edge.
Manor House Inn 800 231-4100
Days Inn 979 696-6988
Participants receive a special room rate when they mention T.D.E. Please make your reservations ASAP to guarantee a room.

Thanks, called back and got a room at manor house using TDE block of rooms.

97CasperCobra
02-28-2005, 04:23 PM
I should be there.....hopefully I can crash with one of you guys if I can put up 1/2 the room.

so......???? Brother Larry??? We can go see the hotties at Roadhouse and you can even embarass me like last time. :thumbsup:

Wonder whose birthday it'll be. :p

Levi
02-28-2005, 06:02 PM
so......???? Brother Larry??? We can go see the hotties at Roadhouse and you can even embarass me like last time. :thumbsup:

Wonder whose birthday it'll be. :p

You can hang with me if you donít get anymore takers to put up with you. I mean, to put you up for the night. :rotf:

97CasperCobra
02-28-2005, 06:04 PM
You can hang with me

:thumbsup: Stan...I'll let ya know man. I may be bringing a "friend" up Sun, she seems "excited" when I told her she could get a ride as long as she didn't :barf: in anyone's car. ;)

Mephisto
03-01-2005, 10:10 AM
OK my wife finally showed me the emails from TDE. So I guess I get no paddock space. I did not see Carl or David on the list. You guys are going right?
I forgot about tech inspection. When/how are you guys doing this?

WHo is going on Friday? Saturday morning?

Who is trailering ? I need a place to lock up my stuff if I am going to be stuck in the darn parking lot.

Levi
03-01-2005, 10:34 AM
:thumbsup: Stan...I'll let ya know man. I may be bringing a "friend" up Sun, she seems "excited" when I told her she could get a ride as long as she didn't :barf: in anyone's car. ;)

Girl's always have girlfriends, hook me up. :thumbsup:

:rotf:

03 cobra toy
03-01-2005, 10:40 AM
OK my wife finally showed me the emails from TDE. So I guess I get no paddock space. I did not see Carl or David on the list. You guys are going right?

Who is trailering ? I need a place to lock up my stuff if I am going to be stuck in the darn parking lot.

Larry and I have a paddock space...I plan on going up there Saturday morning. Also I tech my own car

Levi
03-01-2005, 10:41 AM

I thought they where going. :eek:

I did not get a paddock as well. :(

Inspection :dunno: I need to install my new speedbleeders.

Friday evening. :cool:

Levi
03-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Larry and I have a paddock space...I plan on going up there Saturday morning. Also I tech my own car

Work has been really tuff, working weekends and stuff. I need to install my speedbleeders and I know you have got allot going on but is there anyway I you can help me? :D I know beat me over the head.

Update,
PS: I am going to take off Friday and try to get this done. Hopefully.

Twice Bitten
03-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Goining Saturday AM. Volkswagon and Nathaniels are doing my tech spec. :D
Plan on trailering, but it will be an open trailer.

Mephisto
03-01-2005, 12:45 PM

Can you tech me at Starbucks?

97CasperCobra
03-01-2005, 01:22 PM
I know this is a hard thing to determine, but do you guys have any idea how late ya'll will be running on Sunday?? My friend would LOVE to come up and get tossed around in one(or more) or your cars :headbang: , I've already told her stories about the no :barf: rule. We're planning on leaving about 11:30ish so we'll be there about 1ish. let me know.

Also...anyone have a spare helmet they can bring??? :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
03-01-2005, 02:40 PM
I know this is a hard thing to determine, but do you guys have any idea how late ya'll will be running on Sunday?? My friend would LOVE to come up and get tossed around in one(or more) or your cars :headbang: , I've already told her stories about the no :barf: rule. We're planning on leaving about 11:30ish so we'll be there about 1ish. let me know.

Also...anyone have a spare helmet they can bring??? :thumbsup:

You can ask my boss about a helmet :bounce:

97CasperCobra
03-01-2005, 02:41 PM
You can ask my boss about a helmet :bounce:

I'll ask her tonight at dinner....where EVER we go. ;)

03 cobra toy
03-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Can you tech me at Starbucks?

Read the rules.....I don't know if I can do it for ya

Andy M
03-02-2005, 12:53 AM
Driver's Edge does not allow anyone inside the car with you unless they are another paying driver/student/customer - OR, they are an instructor. :(

You guys have fun and above all else - PLEASE STAY SAFE!!!!!!! Watch out for turn 7!!!! :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

I will be bleeding the brakes on the R this weekend ahead of the Supra Club/Ed Paez day next thursday, when David and I are instructing. I sure hope the weather cooperates?!!

Keep the shiny side up guys!!! :thumbsup:

AirForce1
03-02-2005, 03:20 PM
if anyone wants to meet at starbucks and convoy up to tws i'am all for that.:thumbsup:

Mephisto
03-04-2005, 04:24 PM
What is the rainout policy at TDE? Do you run anyway?

03 cobra toy
03-04-2005, 04:55 PM
What is the rainout policy at TDE? Do you run anyway?

What rainout policy? We run rain or shine :p

97CasperCobra
03-04-2005, 08:03 PM
You guys have fun and be S-A-F-E!!!!! :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
03-07-2005, 02:52 AM
So how'd everyone do??

Did Larry break yet ANOTHER Cobra??? :edmond:

Did Henry become a FASHER to another infant??? :baby:

Did Carl overflow his oil seperator tank??? :spoke:

Did David add any more "go fast/aerodynamics" to the Cobra?? :flash:

Did Stan show those IRS boys how it's done?? :headbang:

Hope you all made it hope safely and with the car's in good shape. :thumbsup:

Mephisto
03-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Not a Fasher yet, but I will be on the 16th or sooner.

I made it through the weekend well. Rain on Sunday was very fun, plenty of fishtails but no spins and no time in the mud. So many cars were spinning close to me I decided not to push it and get slammed by some wacko in a Subaru.

Performance meter data is very cool. Lap analysis is easy. I had no real fast laps due to various excuses, traffic, brakes pulsing, rain, trying not to widow my wife.

G meter says I hit about 1.03 lateral Gs. I think this is high due to effects of body roll, but it is very usefull to compare lap to lap of your own car.

The meter records 10 data points per second, and it stored all of my sessions for the weekend (6).

It would be great now to put it in othrs cars to compare, and (GULP) let a real driver drvie my car to see how much better it can be done.

03 cobra toy
03-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Sat was great..... Sunday sucked....Lots of rain

Twice Bitten
03-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Sat was great..... Sunday sucked....Lots of rain

Saturday and Sunday sucked for some of us :edmond:

Hey Mikey, the :typer: is filthy, what are you going to do about that? :D

97CasperCobra
03-08-2005, 02:49 AM
Hey Mikey, the :typer: is filthy, what are you going to do about that? :D

When I'm done looking at high school/college girls in bathing suits. ;) :p