PDA

View Full Version : SVT and Next Cobra

Mystic_Cobra
03-01-2005, 06:58 PM
This thread has two points.

First, why is the 03-04 Cobra group under "SVT Platforms" whereas the 5.0 and 4.6 groups are under "Application Specific"? Why aren't they in the same group? Is there going to be a new group for the 07 + Cobras? If so, where?

Ok, so my second point is to share some info that I read in the SVT Enthusiast (Vol 8 Issue 1) that came in tonight's mail.
Good news for us enthusiasts!!!

George Ayers: "Both of us (Hau Thai-Tang) want to make sure Ford remains a performance leader, and with the company's roll-out of so many new cars and trucks, we have some great platforms with which to work. When it comes to the product rebirth of Ford SVT, you simply need to stay "tuned".

Hau Thai-Tang: "Today, Ford is more committed than ever in its support for SVT and the kinds of exciting products it can deliver....But now that we've demonstrated that Ford can build a world-class supercar that can compete with anyone, my focus will be delivering more SVT products faster...Look for us to to leverage our skill base and to deliver more products that build on those SVT pillars of Performance, Substance, Exclusivity, and Value. Stay tuned for more from the New York Auto Show."

LA Auto Show Article: "Exciting as the convertible 'Stang is for any ford performance fan, SVTOA members will be expcially interested in the announcement of a forthcoming SVT derivation, the concept version of which will be shown during the press days at the New York Auto Show on March 23 and 24."

So, not a lot a earth-shattering news, but good to see these facts confirmed in writing from SVT. They seem to be good news and seem to dispel a lot of the negative rumors that have been floating around. I'm still very confident in what's coming down the SVT pipeline!!!!!
:thumbsup: :bounce:

cobrabitn
03-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Yes Jimmy...there will be an 07 Cobra forum just like the 03-04 Cobra.

ausie
03-02-2005, 07:10 AM
Just thinking what is to follow that..... Only a few days away and the fever will begin. :bounce:

Mystic_Cobra
03-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Yeah, you might as well open up the 07 Cobra forum. We'll have pictures within the next 2 weeks or so. And until then, let's keep speculating. BTW-The most recent rumor I heard was a 4V 5.4 SC motor. Most of the other rumors had suggested either a 3V 5.4L or a 4V 4.6L.
Good stuff!!

cobrabitn
03-02-2005, 11:19 PM
I heard it was a 5.4 supercharged motor too. :)

ausie
03-03-2005, 06:32 AM
I thought the limited Shelby was to have the blown 5.4L motor. If that will include or be the same as SVT Mustang Cobra, then it is about time Ford matched the Corvette in displacement. :thumbsup:

beerkat
03-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Isn't the GT running a Blown 4V 5.4? I would think that they would not run that engine in any other car.

FearTheSnake
03-03-2005, 02:26 PM
The new Cobra WILL have the GT 550HP motor. Talk about a serious dent in the 'ole Checkbook. If this is true, just bought my last Cobra in 2004.

cobra330
03-04-2005, 04:35 PM
This thread has two points.

First, why is the 03-04 Cobra group under "SVT Platforms" whereas the 5.0 and 4.6 groups are under "Application Specific"? Why aren't they in the same group? Is there going to be a new group for the 07 + Cobras? If so, where?

Ok, so my second point is to share some info that I read in the SVT Enthusiast (Vol 8 Issue 1) that came in tonight's mail.
Good news for us enthusiasts!!!

George Ayers: "Both of us (Hau Thai-Tang) want to make sure Ford remains a performance leader, and with the company's roll-out of so many new cars and trucks, we have some great platforms with which to work. When it comes to the product rebirth of Ford SVT, you simply need to stay "tuned".

Hau Thai-Tang: "Today, Ford is more committed than ever in its support for SVT and the kinds of exciting products it can deliver....But now that we've demonstrated that Ford can build a world-class supercar that can compete with anyone, my focus will be delivering more SVT products faster...Look for us to to leverage our skill base and to deliver more products that build on those SVT pillars of Performance, Substance, Exclusivity, and Value. Stay tuned for more from the New York Auto Show."

LA Auto Show Article: "Exciting as the convertible 'Stang is for any ford performance fan, SVTOA members will be expcially interested in the announcement of a forthcoming SVT derivation, the concept version of which will be shown during the press days at the New York Auto Show on March 23 and 24."

So, not a lot a earth-shattering news, but good to see these facts confirmed in writing from SVT. They seem to be good news and seem to dispel a lot of the negative rumors that have been floating around. I'm still very confident in what's coming down the SVT pipeline!!!!!
:thumbsup: :bounce:

On point 1..I wondered too...Perhaps we should open the forum up based upon years? 93,94-98, 99-01, 03-04..and soon to come 07? Then it could be broken down under the cobra year to engine, suspension, etc, etc... Just a thought.

Second...well..I guess that means I gotta keep spending so, I can be as fast as an 07...or faster by the time they come out! So...$1000.00 spent so far..and $2000.00 more getting ready to happen...and yes Jimmy..I will put them on the car..instead of sitting them in the garage like the last car!!! That is if I could get some decent weather to go out to the garage and not freeze to death! Okay..back on topic!

Mystic_Cobra
03-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Motor Trend has been wrong before. It's just another rumor like all the others. One of them will be right, but which one....