PDA

View Full Version : funny blinking light

Venom55
03-02-2005, 07:12 PM
I just changed my plug wires to FRPP 9mm and put in brand new dbl platinum plugs. the first time i started my car the "theft" light blinked like crazy. then after about a minute or so i calmed down to "theft...theft,theft,theft,theft,theft,theft" or the reverse, 6-1. what does this mean?

1-QIK-SNK
03-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Don't have any idea what that means. I do hope you have better luck with your FRPP wires them me :( . There is a few of poeple on here that has had them and had a misfire. I had one(wires was about 1.5 yrs old) misfire on me. I switch them out and put my stock ones back on and fixed the misfire. Then a freind of mine had her 96 dynoed and it was all over the place. They said it was a misfire and she hasd the FRPP 9mm on the car. She changed to MSD(me also) and after that she had it dynoed and it did not jump all over. But then agianmy buddy has a 98 SC cobra with FRPP 9mm wires and has not had any trouble. Hope you have good luck with them. :thumbsup:
Kerry M.

Venom55
03-02-2005, 07:32 PM
what does a misfire feel like so i know what to look for?

1-QIK-SNK
03-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Mine did it when I was in 5th gear cruising about 50mph and just mash the peddle and it would just sputter. It would not do it at idle or at a high rpm.
it was funny how it did it though. i am keeping my stock wire for spares if my msd's got south.
kerry m