PDA

View Full Version : Look at this truck?

1-QIK-SNK
03-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Is this truck woth the money? It says 9800.00, but I went pasted there the other day and it said 8900.00. They must of lowerd the price. I did notice it will need a new steering wheel and there is a tear in the driver seat. The ubderside of the truck is very clean. Under the hood is ver clean also.
It has 152K. The tires are very good, no rust.

Is that alot of miles for the 5.4? Should a steer away from it.

here is the web site if I cant get the link to post.
www.obxcars.com
this is the link.
http://obxcars.com/trucks.html

Thanks Kerry M.

nckissfan
03-03-2005, 10:38 PM
I bet that thing has been on the beach a few times. If so, I bet the underside looks like its been sandblasted. I would look at that. As far as mileage, I don't really know about that.

tazzracing1
03-04-2005, 01:00 AM
We had 187,000 very hard mile on our truck.The poor thing was used to pull a 3 horse slant trailer with dressing room and usually 3 horses or 2 draft horses that where 2800 lbs for one and the other was 3500+ lbs.
The truck had a very hard life before my girlfriend lack of taking care of it also. The power was still there compared to our new truck it would still out run and out pull the new truck.

1-QIK-SNK
03-04-2005, 07:36 AM
They said that the truck was not a local truck. I dont know if it is true, but when I looked at the under side of the truck I could not believe how clean it was. Not sand blasted ;) or rusted like you think it would of been.

ausie
03-06-2005, 11:24 AM
with lack of any rust, I would suspect that the frame had some work done to it. Especially if it looked like new. If you are interested in the vehicle, do a carfax on the vin number so that you can rule out a flood loss, total wreck, or re-po. It may be worth it or not. You could ask if the title of the vehicle has an R on it which would designate re-constructed. If the vehicle is in sound form, hopefully the motor and or transmission is in good shape too.