PDA

View Full Version : To Chrome or not to Chrome??

venomous
03-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Should I put these chrome radiator hoses on my cobra with black hose ends or would it be too much chrome??? :bounce: :D :cool:

nckissfan
03-04-2005, 10:22 PM
hmmmm, I would have to see them on the car, or close to the car. They look pretty cool.

Rodo
03-04-2005, 10:59 PM
I think they would look good. How much do they cost?:D

Stavesacre21
03-05-2005, 04:33 AM
I think that "too much chrome" is really relative to every individuals thoughts.

I personally think it'd still look pretty awesome :thumbsup:

venomous
03-05-2005, 07:54 AM
I think they would look good. How much do they cost?:D
The radiator hoses are around $110

1-QIK-SNK
03-05-2005, 08:27 AM
I like it. I would put them on. Chrome and polished alum. looks good. But everyone has there one opinion though.

spitfire
03-05-2005, 09:30 AM
I would put it on it looks great, actually been looking for some for my 03! you can never have too much chrome!:thumbsup:

cobracrazy
03-05-2005, 09:38 AM
I prefer the braided look myself but the chrome will look better than the rubber!! :thumbsup:

venomous
03-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Can anyone photochop some of those radiator pipes on there for me please? :D Also, will the chrome hoses turn colors when it gets hot, like chrome headers do? Thanks Andrew. :thumbsup:

jack
03-05-2005, 07:24 PM
I say do it. I had a 93 with a chrome s/c, intake, and the chrome hoses. I thought it look GREAT. But like its been said its up to personal taste.

crutch95
03-06-2005, 09:58 AM
hey man i have a set of those that i got for my 95 that im not going to use now b/c i have done some stuff different to the car if you would like to buy them i well sell them to you. they are new and still in the box. i see the you live in NC and i do to so i could ship them to you or maybe meet up with you if you do not live to far away im in Concord NC right down the road for Concord mills. I would let them go for about 90.00 if that sounds good.

ausie
03-06-2005, 11:07 AM
It all depends on the quality of the materials. The chrome plumbing looks killer but will it hold up to the corrosive properties of the coolant? Rubber hoses will not rust or flake off plating if coated on the inside. Besides that, rubber will expand due to increased water pressure and will flex with engine torquing. Since there would only be two clamps holding the rubber hose in place, the chrome pipes now would increase the amount of joints in the coolant passage. I would be tempted too! They look great, and if they are not chrome plated mild steel even better. Either stainless or aluminum will hold up longer than mild steel. For asthetics, I would go with the chrome. I have seen them on other mustangs at shows (some look great, as well as some that do not). The only down side I see in rigid coolant plumbing is that they will split if the coolant freezes during the winter months (depends on location). The coolant in the hose will be the first to freeze up (I have had that happen already to my Exploder when the temps dipped down well below zero overhinght, at that time I only had the one vehicle).

ausie
03-06-2005, 11:11 AM
After looking at your engine bay in more detail, the chrome pipes would balance out the engine compartment. Since the Flex joints match the intake joint color it would look great! :thumbsup:

venomous
03-06-2005, 02:25 PM
hey man i have a set of those that i got for my 95 that im not going to use now b/c i have done some stuff different to the car if you would like to buy them i well sell them to you. they are new and still in the box. i see the you live in NC and i do to so i could ship them to you or maybe meet up with you if you do not live to far away im in Concord NC right down the road for Concord mills. I would let them go for about 90.00 if that sounds good.
Are you going to be at the auto fair? If so I will give $75 cash for them. Pm me if you want to talk more. Thanks! :thumbsup:

venomous
03-06-2005, 02:28 PM
After looking at your engine bay in more detail, the chrome pipes would balance out the engine compartment. Since the Flex joints match the intake joint color it would look great! :thumbsup:
Thanks!!! I guess I will be getting them now! :bounce: