PDA

View Full Version : top replacement

svt tam
03-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Anyone have suggestions on where to get my convertible top replaced? I was thinking of just ordering a top witout the glass window and taking it to an upholstery shop and have them install it but don't know if that's a good idea.

97CasperCobra
03-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Hey Tam....PM Carl. I know he had some work done on his vert top and the guys who did the work he HIGHLY recommended. Hope this helps man. :thumbsup:

svt tam
03-06-2005, 05:26 PM
Cool, but who is Carl? :dunno: I don't post often so I don't don't. :(

97CasperCobra
03-06-2005, 06:49 PM
Carl G (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/member.php?u=1227)

:thumbsup:

Blownsvtlightning
03-06-2005, 07:19 PM
Anyone have suggestions on where to get my convertible top replaced? I was thinking of just ordering a top witout the glass window and taking it to an upholstery shop and have them install it but don't know if that's a good idea.

All the Ford Dealers in town use Texas Auto Trim for their tops.

03 cobra toy
03-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Westside upholstery 713-932-6501

The best in Houston..... :thumbsup: That's where Carl had his car fixed

Topless In Tex
03-08-2005, 12:47 AM
I will tell you who NOT to go to. I paid almost $400 for my top, and paid this place here in League City that was supposed to be so good, almost $400 to install it. They did a CRAPPY job. They kept saying, 'it will take time to stretch'. Well, Not only is there an inch gap when you go to latch it, it leaks ALL OVER, rain drips all over me and the whole front seats and runs down my left side, terrible windnoise, and the latches dont latch right, its only a matter of time before they break. I am soaking wet in a storm, by the time I get where i am going.
If someone has had good luck w/ a place, i would go by thier reccomendation. That is too important to get a crappy job done to it. I hate mine.
:banana:TNT:banana: