PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust noise level question...

WVSNS&
03-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the "Dynatech Vortex Insert Cones" sold in catalogs such as summit racing? They claim to reduce sound level a bit w/o causing any appreciable increase in backpressure. My wife is the main reason I ask for guidance as she does not wish to offend our new neighbors or allow me to attract any undue attention from john q law. Since april when we got the 01, I have not been pulled over. Previous to that my fox body svo was a magnet for the man. I averaged once a week being pulled over. No tickets since 1995. So to appease my wife I am investigating every possibility to keep the car relatively quiet or something like that. :D :o

john n vabeach

dewone
03-08-2005, 07:26 AM
If you have a stock exhaust, I wouldn't think you have anything to worry about. Any further restriction's could cost you preformance, and gas mileage.
IMHO

WVSNS&
03-08-2005, 11:07 AM
I am getting ready to install larger mids with cats, and a cat back. I just don't want it to be too loud when I do that. Personally it wouldn't bother me. I just have to keep the wife happy 'til the 07s are available.

john

Stavesacre21
03-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Dynatech's never had my vote for anything...just never been a big fan of their performance. In my own experience, their products usually arn't the most durable with age.

Sounds like you've got it all together though :D