PDA

View Full Version : Thinkin bout an SVT Contour...

Stavesacre21
03-08-2005, 06:38 PM
Sup peoples...got a quick one for ya!

Im looking into getting another car that will be my runaround car, and I've really liked the looks and numbers for the SVT contours that were out in 98-2000. Anyone here owned one before, or have any say of anything about them? Good rides? Dependable? Any other word would be great...cause i have a feelin the ole Probe isn't gonna last forever, so i'd like to have at least an idea lined up for when it eventually does go.

Any help/opinions would be awesome! Thanx people!:D

redsnake99
03-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Check with Tony, our Grand Poobah, about how much he likes SVT Contours. He became acquainted with one a few years ago in Michigan, at Gingerman.

:D

RheacerDave
03-09-2005, 12:26 PM
I had one. Daily driver/ autoX car. I really enjoyed it. No big problems if you kept fluids changed. Kinda wish I still had it, as it was just a fast, but more practical than the Focus SVT. And such a sleeper.

NewFoundPower
03-11-2005, 01:57 PM
I actually have one as a daily driver. It is a 98 with over 95K miles. Honestly, I have really enjoyed this car. It has been very reliable and rather quick for a V-6. It has surprised more than one car that has pulled up next to it :D !

-D-

Stavesacre21
03-14-2005, 01:33 AM
Think i'll definetely be jumpin into this pool sometime soon...just a matter of how far im gonna have to go to get my hands on one of these...not exactly a dime-a-dozen around here

From what I heard, everyone else seems to be agreeing though. I figured the same as RheacerDave that i really didn't like the focus, but thought that stickin inside the SVT name could yeild some pretty awesome results...and a 4 door yet to boot...too awesome!:bounce: I'd imagine it really is a sleeper too...who'd expect a 4 door contour to have anything under the hood at all?!

RheacerDave
03-15-2005, 02:14 PM
I've got a set of NEW Spax rear struts, should you buy the Contour.

Swapped fronts one weekend, took car to dealer Monday for a recall about a throttle cable, and traded for the Focus SVT. DOH.
Really was a nice car.

Stavesacre21
03-19-2005, 07:25 PM
I've got a set of NEW Spax rear struts, should you buy the Contour.

Swapped fronts one weekend, took car to dealer Monday for a recall about a throttle cable, and traded for the Focus SVT. DOH.
Really was a nice car.
So i take it you like the focus SVT better then the Contour SVT? I wouldn't have thought that sounded right :eek: