PDA

View Full Version : AV8SS CMP RACE!!!!!!!

johnbasf
03-13-2005, 11:07 PM
What a way to kickoff the year. :thumbsup:

Just a quicky, I'll let Dan post the entire list.

Unlimited: Lester Lesneski 1st--- Lester's new car is amazing!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Limited: Barry Kline(on NITTO 555RII tires)
Bryan Shugg
Brian Groth

Congrats to all the AV8SS people for a great weekend. Our SCMC club members really enjoyed the racing. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
03-14-2005, 09:09 AM
I'm going to post some pics for ya. I don't have many club pics because our professional photographer took them for me. BUt I do have some race pics.

Note: All pics are property of the SCMC...alll rights reserved! :)

And they are off!

cobrabitn
03-14-2005, 09:10 AM
Bryan Shugg and Thomas Moran going at it....

cobrabitn
03-14-2005, 09:11 AM
Racers at Grid

cobrabitn
03-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Racer's Cars (The ones I know anyway :) )

cobrabitn
03-14-2005, 09:20 AM
More racers... There were more racers there on Sunday but did not show up for the qualifying race on Saturday so some race car photos are missing.

cobrabitn
03-14-2005, 09:23 AM
Also.... I got to drive one of these this weekend. :) (Notice the picture perfect Carolina Blue skies)

b_tone
03-14-2005, 10:15 AM
Also.... I got to drive one of these this weekend. :) (Notice the picture perfect Carolina Blue skies)

I heard that along with that picture perfect Carolina Blue sky came a steady 30-40mph wind!!

Mark and I are kicking ourselves for not being able to make this race......D'Oh!!

more pics please!

mwilson7
03-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Actually I'm just kicking Brian! ;)

cobrabitn
03-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Brian,

I met your dad, Dennis. He is a very nice guy and he even got an SCMC sweatshirt to wear. He was very helpful at the event with instructing, and your mom was very nice, too.

I believe they both enjoyed coming and participating at the track event. Nice people!

It was extremely windy on Saturday but no rain. Sunday was much better with temperatures hitting the 70 mark and a lot less wind! :thumbsup:

P.S. I will have a CD full of professional pics this weekend sometime or the first of next week. I'll post those spinout pictures then. :rotf:

P.P.S. That is what I liked about the AV8SS...as we all watched the winners get announced, they all had a big smile on their faces as they got their trophy at the event along with a check in hand! SCMC was planning on adding to that pot but we required a minimum number of racers to be there. Had they reached that number, the winner would have taken home a 4 digit amount. Next time be there to add to the count and we'll help with the award money!

Tony

johnbasf
03-14-2005, 07:58 PM
I forgot to add the prize $$$...

AV8SS limited: 1st- $600/ 2nd-$450/3rd-$300
limited payed 5 places
AV8SS unlimited: 1st $450

Congrats to the racers. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
03-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Congrats to all on a great weekend! :thumbsup:

COBRA #17
03-14-2005, 08:38 PM
AWESOME !!!! Nothing else needs to be said !!! :thumbsup:

Well just one thing $$$$$ that means real PRO RACING !!!!!
:D :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

Too bad I'm retired !! :flush: :crazy: :scratch: :bawling: :retard:
WHAT WAS I THINKING ?????

Great Job DAN , and all those who have helped and suported him! He is nothing but FIRST CLASS !!!! :thumbsup:

All washed up !!
HOOV

Cobra-R
03-15-2005, 12:55 PM
Hi all,
Made it home last night, thankfully the trip was uneventful.

I would like to thank SCMC, Tony, John, Mike s, Steve, Lisa, Clarence, ect for their work and support this weekend. I really appreciate all you guys do for the club, the members, and for me!!!

Thanks also goes to Bryan Shugg, he helped me learn the track since I had never seen it before. He is a great guy and it was a privilage to finally meet him.

Dan S and the crew for the AV8SS did a wonderful job as well. Very well run, good racing, and very safe drivers. They made this rookie feel welcome and fit in very well with SCMC.

Congrats goes out to Thomas Moran, from what I hear he did a great job. We all know he is a great driver, too bad the car didn't cooperate so he could race sunday.

Thanks again everyone, you made the long drive worth it.

Brian Groth

wreckm
03-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Congrtats to all! Sorry I could not attend this time!Duty calls. It was great to see everyone there, especially the northern boyz. I WILL see all in Nashville at my old stomping grounds! Shugg, the car looks great but what is up with the mirrors?

thomasmoran1
03-17-2005, 12:34 AM
Well, I had an interesting first race weekend. On the start of Saturday morning during practice the car felt OK, it was fine expect under braking. This worried me because if it did not get fixed before the race I was going to be easy pickings for the whole field. It turns out it was from the track being cold combined with the sand being blown around from the wind.

For the qualifying race I started in 12th with Brian Groth beside me. With this being my first race I decided that going into turn one I would sit back and wait for the race to unfold. This theory lasted until approximately turn 2 when I saw a couple of guys ahead of me get loose and create an opening, I slid my car up the inside going into turn four and was happy that I was making up positions. About 3 or 4 laps in the whole field was black flagged due to a car being broken down on track (not sure if that was the reason)?

For the restart I was right behind Shugg and was felling pretty good about getting a good starting position for the race on Sunday. The first few laps after the restart went great, Shugg and I had a great battle were he aloud me to make all of my dumb rookie mistakes and calling my bluff about going 2 wide through the kink. The one and only time I got by Shugg was as I was skidding my car past him trying to out brake him going into turn one. After that shugg was long gone and I was left to defend my position. As the race went on the cars handling got worse and worse, it turns out that I made another rookie mistake of having way to much air in the tyres when I went out.

My biggest scare came when I missed my shift into 5th just before the kink and screwed up my line. I went off at about 100mph or so and just tried to keep her straight so I wouldn't roll in the soft sand. After that I decided that the best thing to do was to turn it down a notch and bring it home. In the end I qualified 5th and was really happy with that.

To make a long story short we broke a half shaft during practice on Sunday and were unable to race. Never fear we will build it stronger and faster for next time and maybe, just maybe I can give Shugg a run for his money

Thanks to everyone who helped at the event and to all the people cheering for me every time I locked up going into turn one.

Thomas Moran

Admiral
03-17-2005, 08:54 AM
Nice Pics and great to hear about the series doing well, wish AI paid like that! Congrats to the winners and those who got $$ (must have been a weird feeling to get a trophy AND a check, lol)!!

b_tone
03-17-2005, 05:58 PM
If anyone missed it John Pearson returned to the track and in his usual Mod Motor loving form showed everyone where he was by leaving this smoke screen---it's Spy Hunter quality!!

http://69.73.156.222/cmp/fire.jpg

:D :D

johnbasf
03-17-2005, 07:21 PM
:rotf: Not this time. :rotf: