PDA

View Full Version : the engine starts but then rapidly is going down

Spider
03-14-2005, 04:58 AM
Hello,

I have parked my cobra in my collegue garage.
Last monday I have changed my battery at new.
Now the engine starts but then torque is rapidly going down. I do not why?
Mayby there is some safeguard?:eek:

(I would like to say that I open my mustang door by my keys due to remote control did not working.):mad:

Guys help me?:thumbsup:

BOOMER23
03-14-2005, 11:20 AM
I dont understand it fully, but that sounds just like the passive anti theft system kicking in and that has something to do with your door deal also. Basically your car thinks you are trying to steal it so it starts right up like no problem and then she shuts down immediately if i were you the first thing id do is go to a ford dealership and have them reprogram the electronic key fob back to your car apparently it has lost its signature to your car. The Ford place will have to do it for ya cause its an odd ass process reprogramming those things ive heard. they will open the door and then turn it on aux and open the trunk and some other crazy stuff that sounds like it wouldnt work but they "make it happen." anyways just get them to check it out since you cant start it up to take it to them id call the service department and see if they can walk you through the process. Come to think of it, it might be in your owners manual, I dont have mine at hand so give it a look.

Red Wedge
03-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Your idle/air control might have gone out. If it's cranking up then cutting right back off, then it may very well be that. Those rascals can be kinda costly to replace.

SNAKEYE
03-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Your idle/air control might have gone out. If it's cranking up then cutting right back off, then it may very well be that. Those rascals can be kinda costly to replace.
IAC problems generally make the idle rise. EGR problems generally make the engine stall at idle. Remove each/either and clean them. Do not force any components to move, just clean things with carb cleaner and a pick if necessary. Re-assemble and give it a go. If okay get prepared to replace each/either component, especially the EGR.

PS - Did you all note that this guy 'SPIDER' is in Poland, the country! Parts and key fob programming may be hard to come by!