PDA

View Full Version : ground clearance with Cobra R bumper

QuickSilver
03-16-2005, 12:09 PM
hey, I am wanting to put the Cobra R front bumper (one piece, not the add on or bolt on piece) on my 01' Cobra but I also want to lower the car. does anyone know if you lower the car with the splitter on, will you have enough ground clearance or what is the ground clearance? :doubt:

jason :thumbsup:

MODS: :rotf: :rotf:
KUMHO ECSTA MX 265/35/ZR-18
18" CHROME STEEDA ULTRA LIGHT RIMS
STEEDA CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM
STEEDA BILLET BULLET DOOR LOCK BUTTONS
STEEDA RACING LUG NUTS
STEEDA BILLET SHIFTER BEZEL W/ NAME
MGW 3-D COBRA SHIFT KNOB
BAER ERADISPEED VENTED CROSSED-DRILLED AND SLOTTED ROTORS
20% BLACK TINTED WINDOWS
BASSANI OFF ROAD X-PIPE W/ NO CAT`S
UPR REAR BUMPER INSERTS ( BLACK)
UPR BLU THUNDER NS SHIFTER
K & N AIR FILTER
DIABLO SPORT CHIP
CHROME COBRA LICENSE PLATE
SVT COBRA MUSTANG CLUB DASHBOARD BADGE
SVT COBRA MUSTANG CLUB ENGINE BADGE
SVT COBRA MUSTANG CLUB-THIRD BREAK LIGHT DECAL

:bounce:

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/f68b621f/9568/__sr_/338c.jpg?phZqGOCB4AiBq3_6

sssvtcobra
03-16-2005, 01:40 PM
I don't know about the 1 piece, but I had the ford R splitter on my '01 and originally my car had about 2-2.5" drop, and I only had no more than 4" of clearance. I had to raise my car up to about a 1.5" drop. Luckily I had coilovers so it wasn't that hard. But you are going to have to be careful. Especially when it comes to steep driveways and speed bumps. I couldn't even get into my driveway to lower my car. I had to go to my mother-in-laws house to do it.

Hope it helps

BOOMER23
03-16-2005, 05:53 PM
with the 1 1/2 inch drop and the splitter on there you should have right at about a coke can of clearance. Ive seen pictures of that exact setup a while back and the can was in front of it and was dead on.

QuickSilver
04-07-2005, 12:37 PM
I know that the Cobra R bumper cover sits up higher than the splitter so that will help on the ground clearance. The only place that I can find a Cobra R bumper cover is at the Ford dealership and they are asking $409. does anyone know of another place that might have this peice?

jason :bounce:

MODS:
KUMHO ECSTA MX 265/35/ZR-18
18" CHROME STEEDA ULTRA LIGHT RIMS
STEEDA CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM
STEEDA BILLET BULLET DOOR LOCK BUTTONS
STEEDA RACING LUG NUTS
STEEDA BILLET SHIFTER BEZEL W/ NAME
MGW 3-D COBRA SHIFT KNOB
BAER ERADISPEED VENTED CROSSED-DRILLED AND SLOTTED ROTORS
20% BLACK TINTED WINDOWS
BASSANI OFF ROAD X-PIPE W/ NO CAT`S
UPR REAR BUMPER INSERTS ( BLACK)
UPR BLU THUNDER NS SHIFTER
K & N AIR FILTER
DIABLO SPORT CHIP
CHROME COBRA LICENSE PLATE
SVT COBRA MUSTANG CLUB DASHBOARD BADGE
SVT COBRA MUSTANG CLUB ENGINE BADGE
SVT COBRA MUSTANG CLUB-THIRD BREAK LIGHT DECAL

sssvtcobra
04-07-2005, 02:13 PM
I know cervini's sells a one peice cover, but they are rather spendy also. You might check on ebay.

crutch95
04-07-2005, 04:20 PM
I jsut got on for my 95 and im going to pick it up tomorrow form the body shop if you would like I can send you photos of it, when they are done so you can see how it came out. I got it from abcexclusive. We had to do some work to it to make it fit. I will know for sure tomorrow how much I like it. Hope this helps and I will also let you know how much room there is from the ground to the bottom of the bumper.