PDA

View Full Version : Nos

97svtcobra
03-17-2005, 07:13 PM
:firedevil WHAT DO YALL THINK OF NOS, IS IT BAD ON THE ENGINE OR NOT.
THINKING ABOUT MAKING IT MY NEXT UPGRADE.

Why Try?
03-17-2005, 09:51 PM
im thinking the same thing, seems NX is the best company to go with, im just going to run a 100-125 shot, from what i hear that is the safest.

97svtcobra
03-17-2005, 10:33 PM
yea thats what i was thinking there is a speed shop here in winston said they would sell me the kit for 480.00 and put it on for 150.00. also 40.00 to fill up the tank....does that sound like a good deal..i dont realy know.

97svtcobra
03-17-2005, 10:35 PM
hey how did you get that pic of your car in the messege like that.

RF Cobra
03-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Which shop in W-S are you talking to?

Stavesacre21
03-18-2005, 12:25 AM
yea thats what i was thinking there is a speed shop here in winston said they would sell me the kit for 480.00 and put it on for 150.00. also 40.00 to fill up the tank....does that sound like a good deal..i dont realy know.
I was under the impression that you'd have to upgrade a few parts so that the tranny and engine would be able to withstand the sudden burst of power. Maybe it was because I was dealing with a weaker car last time i heard, but I figured that quite a few internal parts had to be upgraded before you'd be able to safely run NOS

Abneriel
03-18-2005, 01:02 AM
I was under the impression that you'd have to upgrade a few parts so that the tranny and engine would be able to withstand the sudden burst of power. Maybe it was because I was dealing with a weaker car last time i heard, but I figured that quite a few internal parts had to be upgraded before you'd be able to safely run NOS
I know quite a few people running a 100-125 shot without problems on a stock tranny/internals. The biggest issue with running nitrous is making sure you get a good tune. Even with it being rather safe with a tune, I would still recommend against it unless you can afford a rebuilt of your engine (just incase)

Stavesacre21
03-18-2005, 01:19 AM
I know quite a few people running a 100-125 shot without problems on a stock tranny/internals. The biggest issue with running nitrous is making sure you get a good tune. Even with it being rather safe with a tune, I would still recommend against it unless you can afford a rebuilt of your engine (just incase)Whoa :eek: ......yea, that sounds about like what i've heard elsewhere too....."don't toy with it unless you're able (or willing) to afford ALL possiable outcomes"

TBolt
03-18-2005, 01:28 AM
the shop is called sneedspeed shop..yall got me scared now...dont know if thats what i want to do or not....by the way this is 97svtcobra im at my brothers house....he is in the club also....

Abneriel
03-18-2005, 03:34 PM
the shop is called sneedspeed shop..yall got me scared now...dont know if thats what i want to do or not....by the way this is 97svtcobra im at my brothers house....he is in the club also....
how many miles on the car? if the rings are good, a 125 shot with a good tune should last you a while.