PDA

View Full Version : Car Show/Dyno Tune(Amazon Racing)?

InfamousSVT
03-19-2005, 06:08 PM
I've been talking with Amazon Racing about tuning my car and she brought up the idea of having them come down here to tune for a weekend. I've talked to Tony about this and we've decided to post a poll here to see if anyone or how many people are interested?
We were thinking about having it at the May 14, 2004 Atlanta Car Show.
To make this happen, we will need at least 6 people getting a dyno tune and cover their hotel arrangements. After the dyno tunes are finished the dyno will be ready for regular pulls with A/F readings.

Please post if you are interested and that way I can see how many people will definitely be willing and available before preceeding any further with Amazon.

Thanks,

-Jason

Big Daddy
03-20-2005, 12:54 AM
Post the rates for a dyno tune and for just pulls, also you should do trophy's for most RWHP, Torque, NA and Power Adder, ect... Also does Amazon use SCT if not what tuning software do they use. Some stuff I would need to know before I could answer the poll! :D ;) :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
03-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Quote from Amazon, "we charge $150 for tuning plus the tuning products if needed..if someone already has a tuning product but just needs Rick to retune them and is not one of our tuning customers the charge is $125 for a program..dyno time is handled and separate with the dyno shop itself..everyone kicks in to cover our motel room..we handle all other travel expenses..we can bring small things like tuning products, pulleys, idlers, CAI etc.. or arrangements can be made to purchase them in advance..they can be sent or we can bring them.."

They tune with SCT!:thumbsup:

I'm trying to get a head count to see if this is worth the effort of continuing to try to set up something with Amazon for the club. If we don't have at least 6 people getting a dyno tune then this isn't going to work.
Also, I'll need to find a mobile dyno that is available for the day, or if anyone in Atlanta, GA that knows of someone who has a dyno that will be willing to accommodate the club and Amazon!

NO 5 OH
03-20-2005, 08:36 PM
also you should do trophy's for most RWHP, Torque

Why do you want to do that.....So I can win TOP honors?

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Or does old man Big Doo have something else coming for me?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

blk04cobra1
03-21-2005, 09:30 AM
I got something coming for you :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

InfamousSVT
03-22-2005, 01:20 AM
Come on people, I know there's more people that want to get a tune from Amazon!!

Rick has even offered to tune my car "mail-order" and will tweek it untils it's perfect!

Let's try to see if we can get at least 10 confirmed dyno tunes and then we can set this up for a sure thing:thumbsup: !

I'm aware that it's still early and people haven't made plans, but let's make this car show another great event for the club and get a big turn out!;)

cobra330
03-22-2005, 08:23 AM
Okay people..I have been to thier shop on numerous occassions..and I can tell you they know the Cobra's! You will not be disappointed. They are very nice people to deal with and have a good time with...in fact I spent several weekends just sitting at thier shop with lots of other Cobra owners..and now that have about a million pieces to add to my car I will be there ALOT more!

cobra330
03-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Just a note..they have tuned cars with all kinds of mods up to and over 600hp+...so, they do know thier stuff..and they even have thier own car they take to the track..so, it's not like they work on them and don't own one. Oh yeah...and that beast they have is for sale...so, if your looking for a tweaked out sweet Cobra..they got one!

Again I know them very well..and will personally vouch for them! As will ALOT more in my area..and on a few other boards.

Zedoc
03-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Oh, I'd love it, but it's going to be in Atlanta. I'm afraid the Greys'll get me. Where's their headquarters?

cobra330
03-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Maryland..right outside of Baltimore...

Big Daddy
03-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Why do you want to do that.....So I can win TOP honors?

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Or does old man Big Doo have something else coming for me?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I still haven't seen a dyno sheet to prove what you currently say you got! :eek: :eek: So I doubt you'll be any competition for my beasty! :D ;) Now that you "SAY" you have all this horsy power when are we going to see that thing at the track, Drag Strip or auto cross??? I would love to see what the nut behind the wheel can do with them ponies! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Rodo
03-22-2005, 02:32 PM
I already have a SCT chip, can they reburn the chip or would I have to buy another one? If so, how much $$ would I be looking at? How much is the dyno time? Where is the dyno?

InfamousSVT
03-22-2005, 07:39 PM
I already have a SCT chip, can they reburn the chip or would I have to buy another one? If so, how much $$ would I be looking at? How much is the dyno time? Where is the dyno?
For a reburn they will charge $125 since you already have the chip. You don't need to purchase anything else unless you prefer to go with a flasher or something else.

Dyno time will be handled differenetly then the tuning. We are hoping to get a dyno at the Car Show in Atlanta, but we need to get a head count first, to decide if Amazon can make it down here.

Rodo
03-22-2005, 08:25 PM
For a reburn they will charge $125 since you already have the chip. You don't need to purchase anything else unless you prefer to go with a flasher or something else.

Dyno time will be handled differenetly then the tuning. We are hoping to get a dyno at the Car Show in Atlanta, but we need to get a head count first, to decide if Amazon can make it down here.
Im in for an Amazon tune! Hopefully I will have some more mods by then!

cobra330
03-22-2005, 09:20 PM
I will say it again..you won't be disappointed. And if you have mods on your cobra..you can't go wrong getting a dyno tune..and having Amazon Racing tune it for you!

blk04cobra1
03-23-2005, 08:03 AM
I still haven't seen a dyno sheet to prove what you currently say you got! :eek: :eek: So I doubt you'll be any competition for my beasty! :D ;) Now that you "SAY" you have all this horsy power when are we going to see that thing at the track, Drag Strip or auto cross??? I would love to see what the nut behind the wheel can do with them ponies! :D ;) :thumbsup:
I saw what he put down in Anderson, SC at Verush...it'd be a good run, definitely a driver's race...i'll make sure to wave as Im passing by both of you :thumbsup:

NO 5 OH
03-24-2005, 11:59 PM

Now c'mon Greg... I showed them to you the same day as I told you what it made ;) Well, at least I thought I showed them to you anyways :P

As far as how it does at the strip... it ran a 7.03 @ 102 at Farmington Dragway about three weeks ago. This was on drag radials too :D That translates to a low low 11 or possibly a high 10 second pass in the quarter. I don't think that's too bad considering that was a full weight convertible.

Generally speaking with all the "newfound power" it just spins on Nitto's ;);)

It's fast enough for ya old man... you sure you have enough for me :D:D:D

Shannon

Big Daddy
03-25-2005, 04:37 PM
Now c'mon Greg... I showed them to you the same day as I told you what it made ;) Well, at least I thought I showed them to you anyways :P

As far as how it does at the strip... it ran a 7.03 @ 102 at Farmington Dragway about three weeks ago. This was on drag radials too :D That translates to a low low 11 or possibly a high 10 second pass in the quarter. I don't think that's too bad considering that was a full weight convertible.

Generally speaking with all the "newfound power" it just spins on Nitto's ;);)

It's fast enough for ya old man... you sure you have enough for me :D:D:D

Shannon

Nope you said you didn't have the sheet with you?? Now I will expect to see you at the fall drag day or else the smack will continue! :D ;) :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
03-27-2005, 09:31 PM
By the Fall Drag Day I'll be in the mix also! This is going to be a good race. Greg's Kenny Brown car along with Shannon's whipple charged and then finally my Kenne Bell Snake!:p

I guess only time will tell, but it's all in fun! Well, for me anyways. You guys can go for blood!:D

Big Daddy
03-28-2005, 08:13 AM
By the Fall Drag Day I'll be in the mix also! This is going to be a good race. Greg's Kenny Brown car along with Shannon's whipple charged and then finally my Kenne Bell Snake!:p

I guess only time will tell, but it's all in fun! Well, for me anyways. You guys can go for blood!:D

No blood I just love to pull Shannon's chain! :D ;)

blk04cobra1
04-06-2005, 08:37 AM
just make sure you'll be able to keep up with my Centri ;) ...hoping to have things together by month's end, but who knows, just getting anxious as the weather is turning nice!!!!!

InfamousSVT
04-06-2005, 09:02 PM
Sucks that you're car won't be ready by the AutoFair, but hopefully everything will be running smoothly soon!

Good luck!:thumbsup:

Rodo
04-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Are we gonna have enough people to get Rick to come down and tune our cars? Just curious, I am gonna get a couple goodies to go on the cobra and want to know if i'm gonna have to find someone else to tune it again.:D
Thanks,
Rodney

InfamousSVT
04-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Rodo, as it looks right now...no we don't have the number of people that Amazon will require for them to come down here.

I'm thinking that this being so far in advance people can't really say for sure if they're going to beable to make it or not.
If you already have the parts and know of a reputable tuner to use I would go ahead and do it......also Rick can give you a custom tune "mail-order"
It's just your job to make sure that you get to a dyno to see if everything is running smoothly.....If this doesn't work with Amazon, that's what I'll be doing!:D