PDA

View Full Version : New car poll

InfamousSVT
03-20-2005, 07:55 PM
You guys and gals that have met me (Jason) at the club events know Lan. Well, Saturday afternoon Lan was in a accident and was rear-ended by a drunk driver. She was turning into her church and was struck in the left rear of the car which spun her around.
Thankfully she wasn't hurt and her 6 year old neice that was in the backseat (car seat) also is ok. Both of them are pretty sore and Lan is going to see a doctor on Monday to make sure everything is ok.
I haven't seen the car, but from what she told me it sounds like it's totaled. The rear is pushed all the way into the rear seat and the left rear tire is off the rim, which is in two peices now. I'm pretty sure the frame is bent and the rear axle is shot.

The only good thing about this is that it was a Honda. If she finds out that the car is totaled then we are going to go car shopping at the end of summer and try to look for a new car, for her.

What car do you think she should get?

scocher
03-20-2005, 08:07 PM
:eek: Why isn't COBRA a choice??? ;)

nckissfan
03-20-2005, 08:07 PM
I don't like any of the choices, so no vote for me.

scocher
03-20-2005, 08:09 PM
I don't like any of the choices, so no vote for me.
:( Are you strictly a COBRA guy or just really picky? :p I'm kind-of with you though, why no AMERICAN :raise: cars? :spoke:

InfamousSVT
03-20-2005, 08:12 PM
I would have put a Cobra on there, but she already thinks she has one (Mine)! Plus if she gets a Cobra that's just another car that I'll have to start moding!:D

scocher
03-20-2005, 08:14 PM
I would have put a Cobra on there, but she already thinks she has one (Mine)! Plus if she gets a Cobra that's just another car that I'll have to start moding!:D
:rotf:
:thumbsup: BUT, you can NEVER have too many Cobras - especially if they are in different colors :cool:

nckissfan
03-20-2005, 08:18 PM
no, I am not strictly a Cobra guy. I love cars. I just do not like any in the poll. I don't know, the Mercedes is ok. That would be the closest thing to me picking.

casey99COBRA
03-20-2005, 11:58 PM
the m3 or 350z.:cool:

RF Cobra
03-21-2005, 12:16 AM
'05 GT convertible. ;)

cobrabitn
03-21-2005, 12:48 AM
I agree with Scott! Go get her a 2005 Mustang GT convertible. She will never regret it. :D

InfamousSVT
03-21-2005, 03:12 AM
I agree with Scott! Go get her a 2005 Mustang GT convertible. She will never regret it. :D
I'll try to talk her into it!

NewFoundPower
03-21-2005, 08:11 AM
Well I voted for the RX8. I test drove one and really liked it. Sorry, just not a fan of the 05 tangs.

-D-

Zedoc
03-21-2005, 11:01 AM
I know just about everything about what cars other people should buy, so it's a good thing you asked me.

However, I generally like to know what types of cars and features people are looking for in order to narrow it down. After the crash, the Mazda6 comes to mind, 'cause it's got all the crash features and ratings, is a fun and practical car and is very reasonably priced.

Without knowing more, I'd say the Ford GT would be the best car to get. There's one at Buss Ford, in McHenry, Illinois.
I don't care for any of the choices listed, for myself personally.

The Gord
03-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Buy American! Aside from that, I dont think many of those cars are worth the price, especially the M3. If I were forced to pick one I would go with the Mercedes 430, because it is at least the best built if we disregard the money. However, cars serve different purposes. For luxory go with cadillac. every one that we have owned has gone about 150,000 miles bfore any major work (head gasket). For performance, why not get a Z06- it would kill the M3. Lastly, for value/performance the mustang cant be beat new or used. even go with a camaro or a firebird, because its more important to buy American before import(even though there are some amazing models). Lastly, if safety is the greatest concern, put her in an F-150 or Chevy 1500 with ranch hand bumpers front and rear. Im done.

cobracrazy
03-21-2005, 04:00 PM
I know a shop owner that says the BMWs just don't last.

I would vote for the 350Z or an 05 GT Mustang. I think you need to test drive some of those on the list.

Stavesacre21
03-21-2005, 06:39 PM
:rotf:
:thumbsup: BUT, you can NEVER have too many Cobras
Ditto...go cobra my friend....

BUT

However, from the choices you gave...mmm...that new RX-8 is soundin MIGHTY tasty! One of the most smooth engines i've ever seen, and a little bitta tizz-zow to get ya around...for the imports, it gets my vote :thumbsup:

scocher
03-21-2005, 09:21 PM
I'll try to talk her into it!
:thumbsup: I still say she needs a Cobra of her own :D ;)

RF Cobra
03-21-2005, 10:16 PM
:thumbsup: I still say she needs a Cobra of her own :D ;)

I know where a "new" black '03 Cobra vert is that has never been sold and is still waiting for its first owner...

Stavesacre21
03-21-2005, 10:22 PM
I know where a "new" black '03 Cobra vert is that has never been sold and is still waiting for its first owner...
wow....talk about a hidden treasure :eek:

nckissfan
03-21-2005, 10:26 PM
not really hidden, but stuck amonsgt the new Fords

Stavesacre21
03-21-2005, 10:35 PM
still.....quite the diamond in the rough for no one to have ran off with yet...considerin how Cobra's done till 07, i'd have thought that people would be gettin their fill while they still can! :thumbsup:

CobraSusie
03-22-2005, 03:12 AM
BMW M3 (hands down) such a sweet little ride :cool:

The Gord
03-22-2005, 11:06 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else think that the BMW lacks any style. Minus the old 8.50 and this new 6-series, but these have drastic design changes to the box on wheels look.

Big Daddy
03-22-2005, 01:16 PM
None of those cars, 05 Mustang GT (possibly a vert if you're into that) OR why not a used Viper! :D ;)

InfamousSVT
03-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Actually now she's looking at a new Infiniti G35!:)

ausie
03-27-2005, 09:23 AM
If you were considering a used vehicle, the M3 would be the better choice based on what was listed. The Mozda RX8 would be the next runner up. Mercedies has never had a good track record for reliablility in the past. As for new vehicles, that is all up to how much money you want to pay out and what that will do to your insurance. That infinity G35 looks nice, but is it worth it? If it were up to me, I would get another Cobra or wait for the 07. The new corvett is sweet though no room for kids in the back seat. Does she want a 2 door sedan or a 4 door?

scocher
03-27-2005, 02:35 PM
My son suggests that in order to save $$$ perhaps she may want to consider a hybrid. Honda has an Accord and a Civic. Toyota has a Prius. I know these are not anything like what she had listed, but gas is really getting HIGH!! :eek:

My husband says go all out and get that pure Italian excitement and get a Ferarri Modena or go German with a 1997 Porche 911 Turbo :burnout:

Not knowing exactly what she is looking for (sporty, reliable, safe, etc.) my husband did say the most reliable vehicle would be the Lexus.

These suggestions are probably not a lot of help, but asking people's opinions usually isn't :p ;) Let us know what she ends up with.

93KingCobra
03-27-2005, 05:47 PM
It all comes down to how much money you want to spend?? If you are just talking car talk I would go with the IS300, or M3 but thats me..

cobra330
03-27-2005, 09:28 PM
Get yourself the 07 Cobra and give her yours!

BMW's are great cars....except the 7 series with all the crap on them...I had a 330 and it was a great car....but, I did trade it for my 04...so, that should tell you something..

ausie
03-28-2005, 06:18 AM
Hybrids are not worth the extra money unless you mainly do city driving. Most of them use the electric motor as a brake to generate electricity to charge the battery. In rural areas or on the highway there will be no charge created and the vehicle will be operated by the fuel. The only way to benefit using a hybrid is to use it in the city where there is alot of stop and go traffic. They have not evolved to the point of becoming practical for everyone. I have my reservations on the hybrids. They may be cool on an engineering viewpoint, but too expensive for the average consumer. Most do not understand how they work which probalby includes the dealer who sells the vehicle. There are Hybrids that operate on hydrogen Fuel Cells, but gasoline is cheaper than hydrogen. Both come from the same source; crude oil. Besides that, you are less likely to blow up filling the tank with gasoline as compared to pumping hydrogen into a fuel cell. The technology is too young to rely on it. Perhaps in a decade or so it will be more practical.

95cobraR
03-28-2005, 11:02 AM
No '05 M5 listed?
No '05 Porsche GT3?

I voted for the M3 since I'm not paying for it :D (I'd rather have two '05 Mustangs and money left over for a nice vacation).

InfamousSVT
03-30-2005, 01:12 AM
Yeah, right now she's really wanting the Infiniti G35. We are trying to figure out some bills right now so that we (meaning she) can afford it without taking any time or money away from my Cobra!:D