PDA

View Full Version : Gwinnett Place Show

scocher
03-20-2005, 08:19 PM
Why no "Daily Driver" category? :( I feel pretty sure those of us who drive our cars EVERY day to work and running around town will be hard pressed to compete with those who don't have all the nicks and dings and scratches that accummulate when you haul kids around and park in a high school parking lot (where I work).

cobrabitn
03-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Are you going to this show?

The problem we have had with this show is low turnout and when you have that, you have to eliminate classes. That doesn't mean that the day of the show, new classes can't be formed. We just have to look and see what class where all of the cars fall, make sense?

scocher
03-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Are you going to this show?

The problem we have had with this show is low turnout and when you have that, you have to eliminate classes. That doesn't mean that the day of the show, new classes can't be formed. We just have to look and see what class where all of the cars fall, make sense?
:thumbsup: Thanks, Tony. We're thinking about going. Scott has to swap a day off and then it's a go :D

P.S. I was just giving you a hard time about the sig.

cobrabitn
03-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Well... I guess I am everyone's punching bag because if it isn't about the sig, it's about the way the club is run, or my track etiquette. Guess I'll just go crawl back in my hole now. :)

scocher
03-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Well... I guess I am everyone's punching bag because if it isn't about the sig, it's about the way the club is run, or my track etiquette. Guess I'll just go crawl back in my hole now. :)
Awwww, come on, Tony. Don't be a :baby: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You know we only do that because we :love: you :D Besides, a lot of our members have HUGE sigs! I don't have anything to put in mine :(

InfamousSVT
03-21-2005, 03:19 AM
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9026
Please view this thread for those interested in the Atlanta Car Show and Amazon Racing!:D

winddysvt
03-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Why no "Daily Driver" category? :( I feel pretty sure those of us who drive our cars EVERY day to work and running around town will be hard pressed to compete with those who don't have all the nicks and dings and scratches that accummulate when you haul kids around and park in a high school parking lot (where I work).

----

Cheryl -- wish I could've come!! wish I lived closer...

anyway - you can still take a daily driver and turn it into one hot looking awesome car ....

I now drive a 99 Rio red mustang yes, a base --
and I have people asking me all the time how I get it so shiny...

shiny? I haven't even done anything with it yet....
guess I'll turn it into a fake snake...
(I'm serious...)

I miss my Mach......

redsnake99
03-23-2005, 08:30 AM
Tony, is this what you meant by "crawl back in my hole now"? Don't take this post the wrong way, just couldn't resist the opportunity. You know I love ya.

scocher
03-23-2005, 01:22 PM
Tony, is this what you meant by "crawl back in my hole now"? Don't take this post the wrong way, just couldn't resist the opportunity. You know I love ya.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

cobrabitn
03-24-2005, 12:28 AM
Nah Dave... you're my right hand man! If I had to have a nick name for you, it would be "Mr Dependable". Wonder how that guy did that? :rotf:

scocher
03-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Nah Dave... you're my right hand man! If I had to have a nick name for you, it would be "Mr Dependable". Wonder how that guy did that? :rotf:He's part SNAKE??? :moon:

cobrabitn
04-08-2005, 08:04 PM
These are the trophy choices for the Gwinnett Show. Please state which one you like the best....1,....2....3.

Thanks. My choice is the second one. See pic below! :)

97whitevert
04-08-2005, 08:25 PM
#2 by far!!! :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
04-08-2005, 10:14 PM
I like what number one says on it. I'll vote ONE!

scocher
04-08-2005, 11:13 PM
I like #2, also. :cool: By the end of this weekend, we should have our final decision about attending. How many are going so far?

InfamousSVT
04-11-2005, 02:33 AM
I like #2...

scocher
04-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Anybody know how many are planning on attending this event? We're still not totally sure. It is a good possibility :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
04-11-2005, 11:50 PM
I will be there and Ronnie Stokes told me he will be there with Maranda. :)

Big Daddy
04-12-2005, 01:38 AM
There's a 90% probability that I'll make this show. We'll see how the car behaves! :D ;)

RF Cobra
04-13-2005, 10:54 PM
Is there an actual list of people attending? Curious because we are thinking about going.

cobrabitn
04-13-2005, 11:23 PM
I will be there and I was thinking about spending the night on Saturday so we can go out and eat at a local restaurant. I think Rich Bowden knows some good ones. :)

RF Cobra
04-14-2005, 11:15 PM
I will be there and I was thinking about spending the night on Saturday so we can go out and eat at a local restaurant. I think Rich Bowden knows some good ones. :)

That sounds like fun! We will be staying at my dad's Friday night and Saturday night Griffin, GA and would be glad to get together for dinner after the show. :)

cobrabitn
04-24-2005, 10:41 PM
Check is in the mail 4-25-05. I want one of those pace car trophies! :bounce:

winddysvt
05-04-2005, 11:15 AM
I wish I could come........

The picture I believe is from the first show at Gwinett place --

back when some of us had our '99 Rio Red Cobra's

including Fireball --

those were the days huh Tony?

:) :cool: :bounce: :thumbsup:

winddysvt
05-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Tony, just couldn't resist the opportunity. You know I love ya. --

:) :) :thumbsup: :bounce:

cobrabitn
05-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Bonnie,

That was our best show because it was the first. We/I learned a lot from the show and now we are knocking on the door of a 100 car event. :thumbsup:

Maybe you can make the Gingerman show this year?

Tony

winddysvt
05-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Bonnie,

Maybe you can make the Gingerman show this year?

Tony

----------

Tony --

I just found out thats the weekend my daughter and son-in-law will be here from California. Tom will be graduating from UTI ...

but I will try my best to at least hop in Bessie and come up to see everyone...

I really do miss all of you and think about ya all the time....

Bonny, with a Y...

:cool: :D ;)

scocher
05-05-2005, 11:34 PM
Sorry, Tony. I've been holding out making reservations, etc. waiting to see about our family's plans. As it turns out, Scott's parents are going to visit from Florida. I'll be really happy :D to see them, but really sad :( to miss the car show. Have plenty of fun (I know you will)! Love you guys!! :love:

RF Cobra
05-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Sorry, Tony. I've been holding out making reservations, etc. waiting to see about our family's plans. As it turns out, Scott's parents are going to visit from Florida. I'll be really happy :D to see them, but really sad :( to miss the car show. Have plenty of fun (I know you will)! Love you guys!! :love:

Just tell them to make a slight detour and meet you in Georgia. ;)

InfamousSVT
05-12-2005, 09:42 PM
I guess a couple more days and you guys will be having a blast with everyone else talking tech and checking out everyones rides!:thumbsup:

Sorry I can't make this one, but I have to go to my sister's graduation........see I did it the smart way and stopped going to school so that I wouldn't ruin anyone else's plans to go to another event, but unfortunately she'll be graduating.

Actually Lan and my sister go to the same college so they are both graduating on Saturday!:D

Well I hope everyone has a safe trip and take plenty of pics to share with the rest of us!

-Jason

RF Cobra
05-12-2005, 10:24 PM
...but unfortunately she'll be graduating.

Isn't that usually a good thing? :p

Especially for the one having to pay the tuition...

cobrabitn
05-12-2005, 10:33 PM
Sounds like Steve has a good number of preregistered people for the show. The weather is calling for hit and miss like it would be for this time of the year. Usually it is evening thunder bumpers but last year it was wet first then dried out by afternoon. Don't let the rain scare you away as we are going to dinner Saturday night and maybe cart racing indoors if everyone is up to it?

I'm staying at the Courtyard for $65.00 a night, that's a pretty good price. Hope some others will come out and make the GA event bigger this year. :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
05-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Isn't that usually a good thing? :p

Especially for the one having to pay the tuition...

Yeah, I'm happy for her. She's graduating this Saturday, getting married June 18th, and right now they're working on getting the house they bought remodeled!

So they're busy with a bunch of things, but atleast after Saturday she can get one thing behind her!

cobrabitn
05-13-2005, 11:44 PM
Y'all come....I need to take my frustrations out on someone at the go kart track. :rotf:

JenRem
05-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Hi everyone!

I just got back from the show and I WON 1ST PLACE for my class!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first car show ever and I won 1st AND also won a Kenny Brown rear shock tower brace from a raffle ticket that was given to me! (Thanks, Tony!!!!:) :) :) ) I had so much fun and everyone I met was so cool. Looking forward to being a member and also to entering more shows and events in the future!!!!

Jen

JenRem
05-14-2005, 04:35 PM
Also, my car IS a daily driver (about 60 miles a day, which is sad) AND it is not garaged...:(

Sanchez
05-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Hey guys, I had a great time at the show today. I took second place (admitted out of two entries in my class :)) and managed to avoid sunburn everywhere except the backs of my calves (????)

JenRem
05-15-2005, 10:44 AM
It's ok, Matt, I think there were only 3 in mine...lol...good to meet you and hopefully we can hang out again at the next event!!

Jen

Rodo
05-15-2005, 11:02 AM
I missed out on all the fun! I got stuck on 285 for like 2 hours and didn't show up until the awards were being given out. Hopefully I will get an earlier start for the next event. Oh btw, I was in the guy in the loud black 10th:thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
05-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Glad some of you new members had a blast and won some trophies!:thumbsup:

I hope to see a few of you new members at some of the up coming shows and events.

-Jason

redsnake99
05-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Hi everyone!

I just got back from the show and I WON 1ST PLACE for my class!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first car show ever and I won 1st AND also won a Kenny Brown rear shock tower brace from a raffle ticket that was given to me! (Thanks, Tony!!!!:) :) :) ) I had so much fun and everyone I met was so cool. Looking forward to being a member and also to entering more shows and events in the future!!!!

Jen

Jen, go to the SCMC website and sign up for the Parkway Ford show in August. Try for another trophy. See you then?

:thumbsup:

RF Cobra
05-15-2005, 04:30 PM
We had a great time. The weather was great and helped make it a good show. I just have to teach my son how to do a better job drawing our raffle tickets out of the basket next time! :rotf: We did get second place though so we do get to bring something home in addition to the Calvin stickers...not to mention the pair of new tires we ended up having to stop and buy at Mooresville Ford on the way down to GA.

Those that didn't go missed a good time. Met several new people (Jen I need your email address so I can send you the pictures of your car) and saw a bunch of great vehicles.

Also wanted to say: Thanks Tony! Enjoyed being able to spend some time with you after the show talking about anything and everything and dinner was great! :D I'll get a CD to you with the 242 pictures after we get home Monday. :thumbsup:

Cobra95Vert
05-25-2005, 07:46 AM
Here is a link to some great shows of the show taken by our friends at SVTOA.
http://www.svtoa-atlanta.org/gallery/disp_serie.php?id_album=13&offset=0

cobrabitn
05-25-2005, 11:13 PM
Here are a few pics from the CD I got from Allan.

Thanks for the slide show presentation Allan, it looks really cool. I'll be playing it at the Mooresville Show.

Tony

cobrabitn
05-25-2005, 11:40 PM
A few more....

cobrabitn
05-27-2005, 12:23 AM
Here are some more pics. I'll post winner pics over the weekend. That's another 31 photos to edit. :)

cobrabitn
05-27-2005, 12:27 AM
A few more....

RF Cobra
05-27-2005, 11:17 PM
Or if you want to see most of my pictures you can go to http://photobucket.com/albums/y233/RFCobra/ (http://photobucket.com/albums/y233/RFCobra/) and check out the GPFord album. :D