PDA

View Full Version : drilled rotors on cobras

Dave B.
03-20-2005, 09:58 PM
Does anyone have any photos of there cars with drilled rotors on them??
I would very much like to see what they look like, and wheres the best price on drilled rotors for 03 cobras,

blk04cobra1
03-21-2005, 10:18 AM
im going with the Baer Eradispeeds (eventually)...just wanna get the power mods out of the way first...the stock Brembo blanks arent too bad, but can always been improved...

RheacerDave
03-21-2005, 02:47 PM
If I may interject, I found that drilled rotors don't really stop any quicker, but do wear out quicker than solid discs. Holes set up cracks real easily. Fine if you don't mind replacing on a regular basis. I can go most of a season with solids, as opposed to a couple of weekends with the drilled.:thumbsup:

ausie
03-24-2005, 07:52 AM
power slots and cross drilled rotors will eat your pads down faster than you think. The Brembo rotor that came stock with the PBR bads will last more than two years of hard street driving. As for track use, not really sure what is best or most reliable.

redsnake99
03-24-2005, 08:55 AM
I upgraded my front brakes on my 99 with the Brembo package which came with slotted rotors. They lasted me about 75000 miles with many track events run with them. When I replaced them I used the Powerslots I got from Tire Rack. I continued to hear too many bad reports from those with drilled rotors, so I stayed away from them. My experience says go with slotted, 13" rotor, 4-piston calipers, Carbotech Panther Plus pads (on the track) , just Panthers for every day. Also important on track to have brake cooling ducts.

:thumbsup: