PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunate situation Va Beach

WVSNS&
03-21-2005, 12:25 PM
My 01 Cobra was at a local shop having warranty service performed for twenty six days. The head gaskets and valve gaskets were replaced. Warranty covered. The transmission rear seal and shifter seals were replaced. Not covered. After bringing the car home and topping off the ps fluid as well as replacing lost coolant due to the radiator cap being loose and spilling out while on the drive home, the test drive yielded this-there is a coolant smell after driving in traffic and at shutdown, as well as while driving. This being faint I also noticed that the pass. side valve cover area has a noise like very very faint steam escaping. Of course none of this has been able to be duplicated by the technicians and they seem to be irritated at my claims. Does anyone know a place, person, thing or ? that maybe can look at this or bring some insight to the equation? My wife and I are not happy at all and seek advice for the general tidewater virginia area. We live in Va. Beach. Thanks.

Jill and John Watkins
wavesnsand@cox.net
Virginia Beach
Feel free to email, pm or call, I think my # is on the profile.

WVSNS&
03-22-2005, 09:19 AM
Got the car back. Seems to be not leaking or smelling of anything now. The shop person told me nothing was done to it. Although they put on a radiator cap that I am unfamiliar with. It clicks so as not to overtighten. The tranny he says I have to learn to shift with it. Also an interesting tidbit he said that ford told him that my vin indicates a six speed tranny. I still will try to find a mechanic that is svt savvy to dheck it out.

john

NewFoundPower
03-22-2005, 10:28 AM
6 speed huh? Just give SVT a call, give them your VIN and see what they say. Probably the quickest way to get this resolved.

-D-