PDA

View Full Version : Dumb ?'s - jacking up car

edswhite99
03-23-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm gonna do the h pipe/catback swap today and wanted to know how the best way to jack up all fours. When jacking up the front is it better to put the jack under the control arm and then place a jack stand under each tire then move to the rear? Or, jack the car up from the front somewhere and have both front tires in the air at the same time then position jack stands? Where exactly to I put the jack to raise the nose?
Now when moving to the rear, same question. Do one side at a time or lift from middle and do both at the same time (agian, where would I place the jack if lifitng from the middle to raise both tires at once?
Damn do I feel like a dumbass:(

Xaqcraw4d
03-23-2005, 01:58 PM
I generally just use the skid plate up front to get the whole front end at once, that way you can get as much space as possibleto work with, instead of doing one side at a time. For the rear I use the differential to get it all at once....no use doing more work than you have to.:thumbsup:

venomous
03-23-2005, 04:53 PM
I always use the skid plate up front as well to jack, but the manual says not to jack on differential. Manual says to jack on side frame rails. :thumbsup: