PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Snake

winddysvt
03-26-2005, 09:13 PM
or is it called fake snake?

well, anyway, it gets good gas mileage and I can stick mid grade gas in it.....

and,
its Rio Red...

hi everyone -- hope your doing well !! :thumbsup: :bounce:

ausie
03-27-2005, 10:07 AM
that is funny, good term for those Cobra wannabies with their V6's and stickers. It does not take much to mask a mustang to look like a 99/01 Cobra. That can be done with the 03/04 V6 since it already has the hood and the wheels the stock 99/01 came with. Just add an extra tail pipe, and of course add the emblems. Some styling cues of the V6 have turned the 99/01's into sleepers that is until you get behind one and discover it exhales with two ports vrs one. All you need is an M90 Eaton roots to turn that 210hp pony into a 400 hp sleeper but don't forget the rear end, the 7.5 inch rear can't take the power.

winddysvt
05-03-2005, 02:01 AM
that is funny, good term for those Cobra wannabies with their V6's and stickers. It does not take much to mask a mustang to look like a 99/01 Cobra. That can be done with the 03/04 V6 since it already has the hood and the wheels the stock 99/01 came with. Just add an extra tail pipe, and of course add the emblems. Some styling cues of the V6 have turned the 99/01's into sleepers that is until you get behind one and discover it exhales with two ports vrs one. All you need is an M90 Eaton roots to turn that 210hp pony into a 400 hp sleeper but don't forget the rear end, the 7.5 inch rear can't take the power.
------

thanks for the advice!!

this is my 5th 99 - but my very first 6 cyl. 99 -- Rio Red ofcourse!

just couldn't afford to keep my Mach 1 anymore

I don't really n eed to make it a fake snake -- but I do have quite a few parts down at the shop that we are not using -- so its gonna have Cobra R wheels, KB extreme matrix bracing, 3.73 gears - performance friction brake pads and any extra parts off of my husbands '99 Cobra that I might be able to use.

As far as exhaust were thinkin' of goin with Kenny Browns exhaust for the V6 -- its gotten some rave reviews and they have always taken good care of us...

it also needs a short throw shifter (pro 5.0) is my favorite -
springs, shocks, struts, move the wing back -- tinted windows, WMS cold air kit, Kenny Brown caster camber plates (down at the shop) ---- and, maybe someday -- Mach 1 shaker hood..... (its ok to dream right?)

and, yes, I agree with you about watchin' the horsepower on it... its fast off the line and has lots of torque at the get go ---
she chirps 1st and second and isn't even modded yet...

so I'm not worried about adding more hp --

we have the cobra and their are cops on every corner so performance and handling is what I'm aimin' for!!

:bounce: :thumbsup:

Stavesacre21
05-03-2005, 08:29 AM
but don't forget the rear end, the 7.5 inch rear can't take the power
:rotf: :rotf:

Sorry, i couldn't resist....something must be wrong with me :crazy:

winddysvt
05-03-2005, 11:56 AM
:rotf: :rotf:

Sorry, i couldn't resist....something must be wrong with me :crazy:
-----------

hmmmm......

what would that bee?

Mustang Cobra lovers aren't crazy --

we just like to strike when the time is right...

:)

;) :cool: :thumbsup: :bounce:

nckissfan
05-03-2005, 01:34 PM
sounds cool, how's the windy city?

winddysvt
05-04-2005, 11:58 AM
sounds cool, how's the windy city?
----------

the windy city is great!!

this is my favorite time of year --

cool in the mornings (frost actually)

60-70 during the day --

thats when our Mustangs really rock cuz they love the cool crisp air!!

how's things by you? good I hope!!

nice car by the way !!!

any new mods this year? :thumbsup: :bounce:

winddysvt
05-04-2005, 12:13 PM
MY son has his SVT Contour in a million pieces....

in my garage --

so -- he is using my '99 right now ---

I made the mistake of letting him drive it over the wintertime and I was sick when I gave it a good wash job this past spring ----

He doesn't think he needs to wash it when its dirty --

therefore the salt, the grease, the grime -- there was layers and layers of it....

it really breaks my heart to know that I let myself slip that badly to let this poor car take a beating like that....

I am on a mission to get the clay bar / polishing done and this time these two men better get it done or me and my Mustang are high tailin' it out of here....

:( :mad: :mad: :doubt: :eek:

Big Daddy
05-04-2005, 02:50 PM
MY son has his SVT Contour in a million pieces....

in my garage --

so -- he is using my '99 right now ---

I made the mistake of letting him drive it over the wintertime and I was sick when I gave it a good wash job this past spring ----

He doesn't think he needs to wash it when its dirty --

therefore the salt, the grease, the grime -- there was layers and layers of it....

it really breaks my heart to know that I let myself slip that badly to let this poor car take a beating like that....

I am on a mission to get the clay bar / polishing done and this time these two men better get it done or me and my Mustang are high tailin' it out of here....

:( :mad: :mad: :doubt: :eek:

Winddy,

Do you still the Blue 98 or did you sell that? Does Tim still have the KB cobra?

On another note Dave Stanfield and I are going on the Hot Rod Power Tour it starts in Milwaukee on June 4th and we'll be in Indy at KB's place on the 6th. Why don't you and Tim try to make part of the tour?

Take care
Big Daddy

nckissfan
05-04-2005, 04:10 PM
yeah Windy, I have installed Ford Racing 4.10's, and a WMS high velocity CAI. I just got the lower tube, the upper one will come soon. The car feels so much better from last year. I am glad you and Tim are doing good.

winddysvt
05-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Winddy,

Do you still the Blue 98 or did you sell that? Does Tim still have the KB cobra?

On another note Dave Stanfield and I are going on the Hot Rod Power Tour it starts in Milwaukee on June 4th and we'll be in Indy at KB's place on the 6th. Why don't you and Tim try to make part of the tour?

Take care
Big Daddy

-----

BD -- keep me posted !! I don't know about Tim --

but I'd love to meet up with you!! kinda makin my own plans for now and if he wants to tag along, thats great too!

I still have my '98 -- but we only put a few hundred miles on it last year due to some difficulties here....

but, I'm gonna go drive it now --- If I have to, I'll just sell whatever else I have and make it my everyday car.....