PDA

View Full Version : GREAT TO SEE YA'LL TODAY! SCC Show

Topless In Tex
03-27-2005, 02:11 AM
Considering the threat of bad weather (AGAIN!) I want to thank ya'll that came out to the show today. We ended up with about 135 cars. Had it NOT been for the rain threat, it would have EASILY been doubled. :( So, needless to say, yet ANOTHER dissappointing turn out.

It was sooooo cool to see so many Mustangs out there. We had some of the finest Stangs out there, MOSTLY ya'lls!!! :thumbsup: And, ya'll made me proud!! :fordflag: Kim, I wish you could've got there earlier and showed too, but it was good to see you anyways.. thanks for coming out.

Steve broke down in the Cobra on the way to the show by Pauls house, and Paul went and picked him up a new coil. It just died. He was a little late getting there to head up the judging, but everything went okay. And, WhiteSnake seems to be back to normal now.

We judged the Unfinished, Street Rods, and the 2 seater Sports... (mostly Vettes.) lol. I ended up judging Pauls ZR1. lol. He got a 2nd. But, its a really really clean car. Tom from the Mustang Club had his NEW '05 Rousch there, and it was to die for. The lines on that car are just so fine! I will post up the pics when Bob gets them online in his photo album.

Thanks again to ya'll that came out to support our show. The show was paid for, and ALL the money we made today goes directly to the Scholarships that is our Charity. We had some REALLY nice goody Bags. They were Canvas, with our sponsors on them. Hopefully the Fall show Labor Day will have sunny skies, and we can see the 300 cars we are hoping to pull!

It was great to see ya'll!!!!
:banana:TNT:banana:

JBoden
03-27-2005, 01:00 PM
:cool: I can't speak for the rest of the SCMC'rs that were at the show but we had a blast. The weather couldn't have been better. Thanks for the invite.

:bounce: :bounce:

97CasperCobra
03-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Wish I could have made it C....I had previous arrangements that I had to attend to. Glad the weather cooperated with ya'll. :thumbsup:

Firme
03-27-2005, 05:14 PM
Wish I could have made it C....

me too, unfortunatly, I have been sick as a dog.

cobrapace94
03-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Always good to see you CC. As usual Space City cruisers put on a good show, top notch. Too bad there was a chance of rain & I think it kept some people away. Had a good time & the cars were great. :thumbsup:

msmap
03-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Had fun CC! You guys always do it up right :thumbsup:

spitfire
03-29-2005, 02:42 PM
Great Time CC, just didn't understand why my car was placed as a street rod? My car came second, bu the first place car was beautifull, It really deserved it! Won allot of goodies there! I guess strength in numbers, because I won all three prizes during the water balloon toss. Of course having all my kids there helped! Great time! I also won one of the quick items, because I had a Blue oval Ford item!

We almost won one of the lug nut in the oil pan toss, but lost in overtime!
Had pizza there later with one of the coupons we won! Great Day! :thumbsup:

Topless In Tex
03-31-2005, 04:27 AM
Great Time CC, just didn't understand why my car was placed as a street rod? My car came second, bu the first place car was beautifull, It really deserved it! Day! :thumbsup:

If EVER any of ya'll ever have any questions about how you are classed, PLEASE go see DAN (got the '69GT 350) or Rainman with the AC/Cobra. They are our tech men. We NEVER want for anyone to feel that they are in a 'not right' class. I dealt w/ that with one of my clients that day, he talked to Dan, and they fixed it up. We feel that we are very fair about classifying cars, but if there is EVER a question, PLEASE dont hesitate to ask!! :) We want everyone to be happy with how they are classed!! So, if you ever doubt your class, PLEASE ask! :)

That Ventura that was in your class, was a 10 CAR all the way!!! It was BEAUTIFUL. There are very FEW cars that take my breath away and make me drool. That was one Beautiful ride. I dont drool over many cars when I judge, but this car, was AWESOME!! YOU HAVE one VERY nice STANG!!! It was real tough. I'm REALLY glad that you enjoyed yourself so much! I like to feel we put on a really good show... Me and Steve went back and forth on that class. It was tough. But that Ventura was a 10 all the way! We dont see many of them (10's) I wanted to vote that one for Best of Show, Steve and some others liked another. so.........

I had to judge Pauls class. uggh ... I had someone come up to me and say, "Your judging your boyfriends class?" lol. They did not know
that he dumped me 3 weeks ago. But,l call them like I see them and I KNOW every fault on his ZR1, and, I was happy he came out w/ a 2nd. Did ya'll see the Vette next to him with the FISH in the cupholder?? He had some really 'unique' things on his Vette, but when it come down to it, It was not clean, just pimped. I know that guy spent a fortune on his vette, but it was not clean..
I will always be very impartial an unbiased in my judging.... I just wish Bob would have got a pic of that Vette w/ the fish, but he did not. :rolleyes:

I'm glad ya'll had a good time. We did too. Thanks ya'll for coming out!
Hope to see MORE of yall on Labor Day Weekend. :cool:
:banana:TNT:banana: