PDA

View Full Version : Englishtown: raceway park beats the noise law

ausie
03-28-2005, 06:39 AM
It appears that the noise madate was vetoed in NJ. If the ruling was allowed, all tracks (drag or road) would have been limited to operating times as well as having strict noise restrictions placed on all participating vehicles. The last I heard back in Ocober of 2004 was that Engilshtown NJ was closed. In reality it is not. :thumbsup: This year will be my first attendance to a Fun Ford Weekend event at Englishtown NJ raceway park on May 21-22. I could go to any other event for the Fun Ford weekend, but Englishtown is closer than all of the other events other than the Maple Grove Raceway in PA which will be the All Ford Nationals Toyo tire event in June 10-13.
With the current ruling: the local track I frequently go to; Island Dragway which is also in NJ would have been effected. That would have been a bummer if they closed all of the tracks in NJ. If the community wants to omit drag racing on the streets, keep the tracks open! :D

dewone
03-28-2005, 08:28 AM
Got to agree. Keep the tracks open to ease the street racing.

InfamousSVT
03-30-2005, 01:15 AM
Good point!

I'm sure they would rather listen to the noise rather than see their kid or be involved in a street racing accident!