PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Ohio

BobKaser#90
03-29-2005, 12:29 AM
Everyone ready? I personally am about to start reassembly of my carb on my coffee table. Everything should be okay though.

BOC- Beau
03-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Well I hope that I have my transmission fixed this time.(note to self: don't speedshift 5th gear) :doh2: The blocker ring was shoved all the way up onto the gear out of reach of the now busted synchronizer. I was shifting with no help from those parts. We took the trans out, fixed it, and put it back in on Saturday. Also, when I was under the car, I discovered a leaking rear axle seal. :eek:(I almost have that fixed), and a huge hole where the downstream smog tube used to be in my exhaust. I fixed that on Saturday as well. Now I just need to build a backup transmission,bleed the brakes, and bed the rear brake pads(dynos work real good for this) before we leave on Friday morning. Oh yeah, and sometime I guess I should work on the customer cars. :D

svt_coupe
03-29-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm ready to hit it. Leaving early Friday morning in hopes of getting there at a decent time on Friday. Looks to be about 480miles. Not *that* bad I suppose.

BobKaser#90
03-29-2005, 01:12 PM
haha, good, I am glad I am not the only one scrambling to get done Beau. I hope the racing is just as good as RA. I know there are some fast guys out there from last year and I really need to have a good run cause I am getting tired of looking at the backs of your cars!

I am leaving fri. morning as well, and if I remember it was about a 9 hr. ride for me. it sucks cause I will be makeing this trip alone also, I am having a hard time finding crew members to help me lately:(

Black Horse
03-29-2005, 03:04 PM
I'll either be arriving at the hotel Thurs. eve or at the track Friday morning. I need as much seat time as I can get. 1st time out on the Toyos and I have a few suspensions issue to sort out.

Stop by if you need a hand with anything!

- Dave #46

BOC- Beau
03-29-2005, 03:31 PM
haha, good, I am glad I am not the only one scrambling to get done Beau. I hope the racing is just as good as RA. I know there are some fast guys out there from last year and I really need to have a good run cause I am getting tired of looking at the backs of your cars!

I am leaving fri. morning as well, and if I remember it was about a 9 hr. ride for me. it sucks cause I will be makeing this trip alone also, I am having a hard time finding crew members to help me lately:(

Would you like me to describe the back of your car for you? I have spent plenty of time looking at it. I am betting that we will have plenty of good racing at Mid-O, There are a bunch of fast guys up there. It is 8.5 hours for us. I hope to get up there mid afternoon.

Dave, I thought you ran AIX. Are you going to play with the AI boys this year?

Black Horse
03-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Yup! Me and the beast have detuned to play in AI.

BobKaser#90
03-31-2005, 12:35 AM
hey Beau, I wanted to ask you how your in-car vid. was. I know mine was fun to watch. maybe we will have a chance to watch em fri. or sat nite.

BOC- Beau
03-31-2005, 09:06 AM
Being the test mule for new parts is cool until something doesn't work. My trick 5th gear is STILL on the fritz. This thing just aint gonna work! I put the car on the dyno last night to check out 5th gear, and it is worse now than it was at RA. Fortunately I had started on the backup trans earlier in the week and was about 2/3 done. So last night I finished the back up trans, and put it in. I am here early this morning to hopefully finish up. Then back up on the dyno, and a quick bath and on to the trailer. I have a very dedicated father. When he heard the car was still messed up, he came over and started taking it apart while I finished the trans. Thanks dad.

Bob, we may have to do some tape swapping at some point. I have a buddy who might be able to edit them together. It would be cool to see the race action from both cars.

Cobra-R
03-31-2005, 11:30 AM
I'm ready to hit it. Leaving early Friday morning in hopes of getting there at a decent time on Friday. Looks to be about 480miles. Not *that* bad I suppose.

Good luck, Bryan!!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

Brian

chicote
03-31-2005, 01:32 PM
Bob and Beau,

If you guys can get me those video's I'd be happy to post a lap or two of you guys duelling it out on the americanironeast.com website. The website's new format is much more easy to update for those kind of files.

Actually if anyone has photos or media of any of the events I'd be happy to post that stuff on the site.

you can email me at aieast@americanrion-east.com

Thanks and I look forward to see you all race this weekend!

johnbasf
04-02-2005, 02:33 PM
http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5773

BOC- Beau
04-04-2005, 09:45 AM
Did everyone make it back from MID-SNOHIO in one piece? We got home about 12:30 this morning(not too bad).

Black Horse
04-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Made it home just fine, the head wind was a bit of a bear. I figure I should thaw out by Thursday.

Great seeing everyone there! It was good to finally meet Shugg.
Let's do it again sometime, just pick a warmer weekend...geez. By the way, I hear Toyo is going to manufacture a spec snow tire for next year.

BobKaser#90
04-04-2005, 02:30 PM
ehhh, yea I made it in at about 3:30 am. needlesss to say I didn't make it to work today, bummer because its only April and I am almost out of vacation time.

I'd swear that snow storm had it out for me, not only did I have to drive through the snow on the track, then I had to drive through it in the western Penn. mountains on my bald ass tires that are on my van. I got to drive my race car sideways all weekend, then my tow rig too for a while there. 40 mph owned me. But I am happy I made it and another day off work isnt the worst thing that could have happened.

chicote
04-04-2005, 06:49 PM
I'm glad to see everyone made it back ok.

I've updated the AI EAST site with some picks and a video of the conditions. If anyone has pics and/or video of the event i'd be happy to put them up on the AI EAST website.

www.americaniron-east.com/results.html (click Mid Ohio)

Thanks!

racercosmo
04-05-2005, 12:51 AM
So is it safe to assume that there was not a race?

chicote
04-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Actually there was racing on Sunday. As soon as the report is written I'll have it posted.

They raced on Sunday for a short but exciting amount of time. Video will be posted soon.

Dean95CobraR
04-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Here's a few pics.

http://www.racenasa.com/photogallery/photo_galleryFreemalMidOhio05.htm

chicote
04-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Hey all. More pics have been uploaded to the site Courtesy of Markus Freemal.

the link

www.americaniron-east.com/results (click on mid ohio)

enjoy!

svt_coupe
04-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Mid SNOHIO... HA!!! Ain't that the truth.

Even though the weekend stunk from a tracktime perspective, it was still a lot of fun. I now see why Mid Ohio has the alure that it does - that track is KILLER. I wish we could have run it dry and for more than 25 minutes, but it was fun riding the 4x4 around the track.

It was good to finally meet you too Dave - that car is BEAUTIFUL.

You guys have a killer region. You should think about coming down to one of the Summit Point or VIR events. That would be awesome to see some of the OH/IND guys down here again...

Looking forward to the next one...

johnbasf
04-05-2005, 11:57 PM
What did you guys think about Robin's '05? Looked real nice.

BOC- Beau
04-06-2005, 08:57 AM
It is a nice car. I didn't notice any real trick parts on the car. It looked like a mostly stock setup, although I don't think the rear suspension was stock. I really don't know because I haven't had the opportunity to spend any quality time with one of the '05 cars yet. They are still hard to come by in this area. All in all though it was a nice and simple build. :thumbsup:

BobKaser#90
04-09-2005, 09:57 PM
so what about the race on sat. that was cancelled, as far as points? I vote that they double up the sun. results:D

BOC- Beau
04-11-2005, 10:09 AM
That is a very interesting concept Bob. :)

b_tone
04-12-2005, 02:31 PM
It is a nice car. I didn't notice any real trick parts on the car. It looked like a mostly stock setup, although I don't think the rear suspension was stock. I really don't know because I haven't had the opportunity to spend any quality time with one of the '05 cars yet. They are still hard to come by in this area. All in all though it was a nice and simple build. :thumbsup:

both the front and rear suspensions on that car are OEM (geometry). The rear arms are solid links (lowers) the upper is OEM. The front was purely OEM.

How about that, the stock geometry went out and beatup on everyone with a trick griggs/mm/whatever setup.

Who said way back in august of last year that the 05's could be the car to beat in 05? Everyone was worried about a couple of little frame notches and no one noticed that a car with decent hardpoints, 7 inches of additional wheelbase and 4 inches of additional trackwidth would be the car to beat up there battling with the AIX cars.

How about an update on the AI East Coast Championship since it is now 50% over? Wher are the press releases? Where are the contingency rewards that Pantas promised last year? Where are the 50 cars that Pantas toughted about last year? This thing is certainly running flat. I am not being negative here, I am simply being a realist.

Shugg, Sadler, Beau care to discuss anything, we are all dying to hear from you guys on where this thing is going and how it's going to get there.

As always and respectfully yours,

Brian Tone

Dean95CobraR
04-12-2005, 03:20 PM
HOw about that, the stock geometry went out and beatup on everyone with a trick griggs/mm/whatever setup.

Who said way back in august of last year that the 05's could be the car to beat in 05? Everyone was worreid about a couple of little frame notches and no one noticed that a car with decent hardpoints, 7inches of additional wheelbase and 4 inches of additional trackwidth would be the car to beat up there battling with the AIX cars.

As always and respectfully yours,

Brian Tone

Will the '05 eventually be the car to beat? Yes, I think all those things you mentioned are a definite advantage. The one area that hurts it the most is the weight.

To say a practically stock '05 suspended car will be the car to beat is a little premature. I'm not saying that Robin won't clean our clocks on a dry track but you can't make any predictions from the MO race. You know and I know that Robin is a very aggressive driver and there wasn't anyone else crazy enough to put everything out there on a track as slippery as that one. Most people were in survival mode and not ready to take a chance so early in the season in those conditions. All the more power to him that he has the skill and 'nads to do it but most people just wanted to get through the weekend in one piece. :thumbsup:

Time will tell.

b_tone
04-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Will the '05 eventually be the car to beat? Yes, I think all those things you mentioned are a definite advantage. The one area that hurts it the most is the weight.

To say a practically stock '05 suspended car will be the car to beat is a little premature. I'm not saying that Robin won't clean our clocks on a dry track but you can't make any predictions from the MO race. You know and I know that Robin is a very aggressive driver and there wasn't anyone else crazy enough to put everything out there on a track as slippery as that one. Most people were in survival mode and not ready to take a chance so early in the season in those conditions. All the more power to him that he has the skill and 'nads to do it but most people just wanted to get through the weekend in one piece. :thumbsup:

Time will tell.

So are you saying that the 05 won't be the car to beat at putnam? Odds anyone?

Dean95CobraR
04-12-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm not saying that Robin won't clean our clocks on a dry track

:cool: