PDA

View Full Version : No more air in tires.....

03 cobra toy
03-29-2005, 11:51 AM
MICHELIN LETS THE AIR OUT OF FUTURE TIRE INNOVATION

Link

http://www.michelinman.com/difference/releases/pressrelease01102005a.html

97CasperCobra
03-29-2005, 12:33 PM
guess that brings a whole new meaning to Run Flat. :rotf:

wonder if they make those tires in 315s :cool:

ORANGE CRUSH
03-29-2005, 02:02 PM
If this is a standard tire in the future, I wonder what the police are going to do with all those spike strips?

03 cobra toy
03-29-2005, 02:22 PM
If this is a standard tire in the future, I wonder what the police are going to do with all those spike strips?

In the future there will be a kill switch installed in your car that the police will be able to stop you :mad:

jimmysidecarr
03-29-2005, 06:54 PM
In the future there will be a kill switch installed in your car that the police will be able to stop you :mad:
I'm pretty sure they --->may<--- in ----->some departments<---- have a magnetic pulse weapon that will stop anything with electonic engine controls...

I know the military have prototypes... that work..
I would assume the PO POs are not too far behind...

Jimmy :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
03-29-2005, 07:46 PM
I wonder if that tire technology will be showing up in any racing applications???
Probably not ..... copyrights!!!

Sanctioning bodies will not allow a proprietary technology, do to the obvious unfair advantage...

Look at all the "spec tire" racing series now... and they all have air in them :rolleyes:

So just because we may not see it for awhile in racing doesn't mean it's not a "better mouse trap"

Very Very interesting!!!
Jimmy :thumbsup:

ORANGE CRUSH
03-29-2005, 07:46 PM

I wonder if an after market chip could fix that?;)