PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Not Staying In Gear

BudMan
03-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Anyone had any problems with an 03-04 jumping out of 3rd gear? When I down shift to 3th whether coasting or applying the brake it jumps out of gear, not all the time but at least 15-25% of the time. Speed doesn't seem to matter, it does it at 25 mph and it has done it at 75 mph. It has been at the SVT dealer for the past week and all they have done is talked to Ford and they say it is not a reported problem so they are telling me they don't want to pull the transmission and then find nothing wrong. Most likely I'll get it back with nothing done except to live with it. Anyone with a similiar problem or any suggestions? Thanks

InfamousSVT
03-29-2005, 08:20 PM
The only thing that comes to my mind is if you have an aftermarket shifter. If you are using an aftermarket shifter with the stops not properly set, it will knock the car out of gear. Just a thought, but other than that I have no clue.

Good luck with the diagnostics!:)

BudMan
03-29-2005, 09:33 PM
Stock shifter, hasn't been touched. The SVT dealer is suppose to have an answer tomorrow or Thursday, will let you know what happens. Thanks for the response. :rolleyes:

blk04cobra1
03-30-2005, 11:12 AM
that shouldnt happen...same thing happened to me with my Acura, they ended replacing the transmission due to factory malfunction...good luck and let us know how it turns out.

kilroy
03-30-2005, 11:52 AM
Stock shifter, hasn't been touched. The SVT dealer is suppose to have an answer tomorrow or Thursday, will let you know what happens. Thanks for the response. :rolleyes:
Ask to speak with your regional Ford/SVT rep. & follow up. This is unusal behavior and definately needs correcting. Best of luck to you.

BudMan
03-30-2005, 06:22 PM
The SVT dealer called me a few minutes ago, they finally pulled the trans and said the 3rd gear synchronizer was bad, they called Ford and instead of them sending the parts for repair they were told to put it back together and they are sending a new transmission to install in my 03. They said new but it could be rebuild by them, not sure if there is a way to tell, don't think there are serial #'s on the trans. Either way maybe it will say in gear. May have it back Friday, will give you an update later. Thanks for the suggestions, etc. :p

BudMan
04-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Picked my 03 up today and they did replace the transmission so we'll see what happens............... :D

cobracrazy
04-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Nice to see a good response from the dealer and Ford. You are probably good to go!!! :thumbsup: