PDA

View Full Version : MSR Houston - Update

Admiral
03-30-2005, 01:01 PM
Not that it means we are one-step closer to having a new track in the Houston area, but I received this update from the MSR-Houston folks:

March 24, 2005
Our apologies for keeping you in the dark for so long. This is just an update to let everyone know that we are still here and working on the "Ranch". We spent the first couple of months in 2005 negotiating on two prospective sites. We cannot release any specific information here at this time, but we are currently in the due diligence (environmental, political, legal) phase of a contract for closing next month. We have been working on the track design, and facility site plan for the last month. Our team is in order and stronger than ever. This is going to happen!!! Give us a call or drop an e-mail. We can fill you in on the details as they happen. We will update the web-site soon with the latest info as well.

Levi
03-30-2005, 01:06 PM
Got my fingers crossed. :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
03-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Got my fingers crossed. :thumbsup:

Me too!!!

Jimmy

Firme
03-30-2005, 06:24 PM
:D I am not saying nothing....yet

but.. we have been in communications with them for a long time, and well... lets see what happens :D :D :D :D

Andy M
03-31-2005, 04:28 PM
It is certainly very welcomed news!! We really need an alternative track in the Houston area!!

However, I would not get my hopes up too high that they will be able to open for business until next year. There are TONS of things that need to happen before they can even break ground.

It sure looks like it WILL happen though.... and I for one, am VERY excited about it!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :thumbsup:

Admiral
04-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Another Update, 4/21:

April 21, 2005,

It is a done deal. We have finally closed on the land that will be the long awaited MotorSport Ranch, for the Houston and the South Texas Region. The property is 381 acres located on County Road 48, just east of Hwy 288, 35 miles south of downtown Houston.

Our current track design features over two and quarter miles of track. It is easily divided into a short and long track . Two pit road areas and the ability to run the tracks in both directions makes for a very versatile environment in which to have fun. We have a rendering on the website (www.msrhouston.com).

We will start moving dirt within days and if everything goes well, members will be on a road-course in early fall.

As we have always said, we will put down track and storage for our members and grow from there. We are in the process of finalizing a clubhouse design and we will keep you in the loop and be anxious to hear your comments.

We are updating our entire website to reflect the fact that we are no longer merely a great idea but now, truly, THE REAL DEAL!!! To that end we want all the people who have followed our struggles to get behind us and help make this a success. If you want to belong to the coolest motor sport happening to ever hit South Texas now is the time to join. We are now taking membership applications.

We have spoken with many people who have expressed an interest in relocated or opening a new business at the Ranch. Now is the time to contact us and get in on the planning stages.

Thanks for the continued support,

The Staff and Owners of the Motorsport Ranch of Houston, Texas

Firme
04-21-2005, 07:13 PM
:D :thumbsup:

JBoden
04-21-2005, 09:53 PM
GREAT NEWS !!!!!!! :bounce:

jimmysidecarr
04-21-2005, 10:35 PM
WOW!!

No more motel expense!!!

Killer Track!!!

How am I going to be able to get to sleep tonight???? :bounce:

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Andy M
04-22-2005, 01:20 PM
I just got the same email too. This is GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :thumbsup:

Carl G
04-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Now this is worth getting excited about, a new track in Houston, dont have to trailer anymore :thumbsup:

Andy M
04-25-2005, 12:49 PM
Carl,

Before you get too excited .... this track is still going to be at least 60 miles or so from our neck of the woods... not all that closer than TWS really.. less miles, but I'll bet it will actually take just as long or longer to get there given the traffic issue.

All in all though, it is welcomed news!! :bounce: