PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a shop for a dyno tune?

raven69david
03-31-2005, 12:38 AM
I need to get a dyno-tune on my car as it's finally pretty much setup as i want it. I'm extremely limited in San Antonio so i'd like to find descent shops in Houston that you guys can recommend. I'd prefer a shop specializing in Mustangs and not everyday run of the mill cars. Pricing and location information would be helpful too.

TIA,
David

Twice Bitten
03-31-2005, 06:39 AM
You need to find out when one of the main tuners from SCT will be coming to town, they are the best Ford tuners, period. :thumbsup: Just ask :edmond: , he will tell you. They usually tour with the fun ford weekends event to every city.

Firme
03-31-2005, 09:54 AM
Just ask :edmond: , he will tell you.

The man speaks the truth
:thumbsup:

raven69david
04-04-2005, 08:31 AM
Anyone?:scratch:

cobrapace94
04-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Do you have a FMU ( I don't remember)? SCT will not tune with a FMU, correct? To get the most out of your combo, it would be best to have your MAF meter caled to the larger injectors ( 36 or 42's) & get rid of the FMU if you have not already done so. You will need a chip, no flashing of your computer since you have a 95.
Slaters & Houston Performance both tune & do good work.
Not sure on the price. Probly around $400, give or take a $100 or so.
Let us know if you come to town, like to stop by & watch.

msmap
04-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Let us know if you come to town, like to stop by & watch.

Yes, David, let us know. We can get the gang together somewhere around either place for food before you head out!

raven69david
04-05-2005, 12:24 AM
Well i need a good shop recommendation before i head out. I don't have the FMU..never did. During install of the S/C i added the 42# injectors, 80mm Pro-M N/A meter,AFM B-21 blower cam and an AFM powerpipe. I have a base TwEECer and prefer not to go with a chip as most shops prefer that.

I'm looking for a good tuner that knows how to dial in a car for maximum efficiency, not maximum HP. My car is my daily driver and i only use it to go to work and pick up my daughter Darienne. It's really cool saying that i only use it for those purposes with about 425+ to the wheels on tap if ever needed.:cool: But seriously, i just need a shop recommendation so that i can call them and talk to the tuner. I'm hoping some of you have used a shop and have confidence in a few people that i may consider going with. When, and this WILL happen, i'll be sure and let you all know.:thumbsup:

cobrapace94
04-05-2005, 11:05 AM
David, I didn't remember if you had a FMU or not. I don't know of a shop that is knowedgable about the tweecer, possible Ben, I'll find out. I do know Slaters does not have knowage about the tweecer, not sure about HP. You'll probly have to rent the dyno for hourly charge & tune from there.
How do you like the tweecer? I've read up on it & it seems like it has a steep learning curve. Does seem to have a lot of tunign possiblities if someone know how to midify it to the correct parameters.