PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions on the price of this 99 Cobra (pics included)

karak567
04-03-2005, 03:21 AM
First post here! Was looking for advice all over the internet and figured this would be a good place to ask too! :-) Thanks in advance.

Saw this at a used dealership this week. 99 SVT Cobra with 54,000 miles on it. There is not a scratch on the car, I went over the entire thing for 15 minutes and I could not find one. It has the 17 " alloy premium wheels as well. Not that it matters but it has a KN air filter, also something in the engine looked aftermarket but I couldn't tell.
It also has a 460 Watt Kenwood Amp with a capacitor (???) installed next to it along with two 8 " subs.

They said that the previous owner had just had the transmission rebuilt/fixed at a reputable shop (I know the shop) because of grinding in 2nd gear and that the transmission is like new. The clutch was very hard and they said this is due to the new transmission?

They wanted 15,900 for it (remember this is a dealer), here are pictures of the engine, tell me if anything else looks aftermarket, my salesman said he would have to check:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/erb4321/879fcfb6.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/erb4321/42aa0f84.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/erb4321/8c03e787.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/erb4321/47fab93e.jpg

Stavesacre21
04-03-2005, 04:34 AM
From personal experience, I know that the rebuilt tranny's are NEVER up to the par of the originals. What are you planning on doing with the car? Racing? Cruise? Daily Driver?

The fact that the tranny has been rebuilt that early in milage might give you an insight of what to expect. That price from a dealer sounds a hair expensive for the miles and the given overall condition. If you're serious about a Cobra only, you might be better off looking around more...however it seems modded decently, so it's all personal preference.

I'm personally not a fan of pickin up such a nice car with something vital like a tranny having been rebuilt already...just seems like trouble before even owning the car :eek:

Just my $.02 :baby:

casey99COBRA
04-03-2005, 04:51 AM
seems nice, that is the 03 cobra wheels on there.
I would not give them that for it. I'd talk them down to around 13k or less.

Firme
04-04-2005, 12:26 AM
Like others said, the price is a little high.

From the picture, there does not seem to be any other mods besides for the K&N like you said, replaced battery, and a fused line (red cable with split loom around it and the fuse pod) going to the amp.

As far as the tranny, like mentioned, that is not a good thing that it had to be replaced so early on, but the flip side could be that these tranny run a wide spectrum of durability, some have no problems for over 100k miles, and some have had tranny problems early on.

Did the shop offer a warranty on the tranny?

I would talk them down on the price, and also have the car checked out thoroughly for any other sign of problems.

There are plenty of great Cobra's out there to be had, if this one worries you, you can always find another in better shape.

flynfink
04-04-2005, 04:05 PM
:) we wanna hear the 4.6 DOHC sing... :thumbsup:

actually, the mileage isn't bad, the wheels are from an 03' and the stereo add's no real value. The under hood pic shows everything to be stock (i can add a K&N sticker, doesn't mean there's one there).

Kelly Blue Book shows dealer asking price at $14,375 (for my area, Charlotte, NC). A search of cars.com shows a couple of convertables for the $15-16k price, they usually average $2-3K higher than coupes).

So, the dealer price is high, the stereo add on shouldn't be taken into account and the value of the 03' wheels shouldn't be that great.

Agree totally with Firme.

hdparker
04-04-2005, 07:12 PM
As with previous posts, that is a little high. Be patient, join the SVT Cobra mailing list and keep looking. I managed to find a 99, stock with 66K on it for around 11K last December.

Stavesacre21
04-04-2005, 08:57 PM
As with previous posts, that is a little high. Be patient, join the SVT Cobra mailing list and keep looking. I managed to find a 99, stock with 66K on it for around 11K last December.
Yea, now that's more like it! :thumbsup:

Tell um where to stick that 15,9 and give a much lower price.....or find a different Cobra! :D

I overpaid on my 97 by....well...quite a bit last April with 36K on the ticker, and I still had to have a complete tranny rebuild and new clucth put in...so you could say i've been grabbin my ankles for nearly a year! :mad: I still absolutely love my Cobra to no end...but if preventive, don't let it happen to you!

Play it smart bud, and good luck with your findings! ;)

Red Wedge
04-05-2005, 08:29 AM
Here's another one saying he's to high. I had a couple of 99 verts that I was looking at priced at $14,500, and I walked away from both of them. I told them they were to high but they swore the price was right. That was 2 months ago, and both are still for sale. Another thing I haven't seen mentioned, has the "fix" been done? You can get the VIN and check by calling 1-800-FORD-SVT or you can look for the sticker they put on them somewhere in the engine bay. Somebody might have removed that though, so you can't go by that alone. The wheels that are on it are 03's, but they are aftermarket 03's. The stereo system, that just looks like something expensive to replace when it goes out. I'd get under the car and check for some sub frame connectors, with the tranny being re-built I would suspect this car has beed seeing a good bit of racing. Another thing, if it has seen a good bit of racing, one of those half shafts may be ready to pop. You naturally take a risk when buying a used car, however, I try to buy it at a price where I can afford to fix something unplanned should I have to. This one is just to high right now...

djbobbyzee
04-05-2005, 09:03 AM
:thumbsup:
Chalk one up as another "price too high." If the salesman tells you it's a good price, he's never owned a Cobra... nor does he know anything about them. When shopping for my Cobra I had a few to pick from. I bought it from a used car only dealer who's house I built. A salesman tried to start his pitch about how it had the shiney Cobra R rims & how it said "King Cobra" in the window paint. I looked at him with the John Beluschi raised eyebrow & said "shut up & put it on the hydraulic lift." They were askin 9950 for it. 130K. Insane? Yup.

He refused to get it jacked up, so I walked away saying "ain't worth the price." Kept shoppin' around. Found another 97, black, 9990 with 99K on it. Same sales pitch, but this time... check out that Sony CD player! (Puuuhlease!)

The next day I pulled in with my hydraulic jack. Something seemed off about both cars. Lifted up the black one, dings in the stock mufflers. Ran over a curb or stump or something. The green one... clean as a whistle PLUS it had the Eibach 1" lowering kit, Flowmasters, Aftermarket H-pipe, & MIL eliminators. NOW we're talkin' savin' me the effort & money. Took it out for a test drive, the thing had balls & drove like it was WELL maintained. Also noticed a short thow shifter. But 130K???? Scary venture.

I got back, asked the sales jerk what he could tell me about the prior owner. Said he was a middle aged gent who traded it in in VA for a '04 Mustang. I asked him "so what makes this a KING Cobra per the window paint? (next to the painted price)."

He said, "Oh the rims & the K&N air filter."

Again, the raised eyebrow... "No it doesn't. Do you even know what a King Cobra is?"

"No." He sheepishly admitted.

I offered him 8500 cash. He took it. I laughed my way home in my Pacific Green monster. Sure, miles are high... but runs like new.

When I got home, I got er up on jackstands & went over her with a fine toothed comb. See my stats down the bottom. I made out bigtime.

Todays lesson:
Educate yourself. Be patient. And never believe a car salesman knows what he's selling you.

My $0.25
:thumbsup:

djbobbyzee
04-05-2005, 09:11 AM
One more tip: Don't kick the tires... check out the tread wear. That was another selling point on mine. The front & the back tires was a matching set & had EXACTLY the same tread wear. (ie. daily driver not drag or track car)

The back tires weren't roasted off prematurely by spinning them.
No inside balding on the fronts common in misaligned lowered cars (get the caster/camber plates fool!)

I recently caught up with someone who claims to know the former owner. Recognized the car & asked me about it. Unreliable source ofcourse, but the individual claims the prior owner babied it like I do. That's promising, even if only hear-say.

karak567
04-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Thanks for all the great tips guys!

Here's an update of what happened:

I called the dealer back today and told him I was very interested but wanted to make sure we were in the same price range and that 15,900 was just too much for my budget. So I told him I was looking at paying only around 14,000. He says "Ok, let me talk to my boss and I'll call you back" Less than an hour later he calls back and says "We'll give it to you for 14,000 and we will throw in 2 brand new tires to replace the old ones on the back."

WOW, that was WAY too easy.

There HAS to be something wrong with this car, agreed? I mean I test drove it and all, and it drove fine, except for a hard clutch and some skidding in the rain (had crappy old tires on it) and the newly repaired transmission for grinding in 2nd gear.

I then spoke to the owner of the mechanic shop I use today. He said he'll admit he's biased because he owns Corvettes, but he isn't a huge fan of Cobras. He also said the clutch on the Cobra is a hyrdolic clutch, so that it is hard because it needs to be "broken in" is BS and this might mean the hydrolic center (he used some other name for it) on the car MAY be going which is an expenisve part to replace. He also said they will do a 22-point inspection on the car for me but that if we decide not to buy it the dealer might keep our deposit on us.

I am going to try to talk the dealer down to 13 or lower, but not before I make sure this stiff clutch thing isn't something to worry about. The back tires have literally no tread left, so the new tire offer is great too.

Stavesacre21
04-05-2005, 01:31 PM
:He also said the clutch on the Cobra is a hyrdolic clutch, so that it is hard because it needs to be "broken in" is BS and this might mean the hydrolic center (he used some other name for it) on the car MAY be going which is an expenisve part to replace.
No, actaully it shouldn't be too expensive, considering that the Cobra doesn't even have a hydrolic clutch. Yea, that's right...the Cobra, like other mustangs uses a cable controlled clutch.

I'm not a big fan of people who act like they know what their talking about when they have no idea :mad:

Also...DO NOT be fooled by the 2nd shift grinding excuse! that is what my car is in ths shop for at this VERY moment, having ANOTHER rebuilt T45 put in at AAMCO's expense, because the "new" one that they put in last week still grinded in 2nd and now in 4th. It is NOT something that will just go away or wear in. My original tranny was doing the same thing, hence why i brought it in in the first place. If you take the car as is like that, you're going to eat the price to fix it. :mad: Just heed the warning bud, i don't want you to get taken on anything :)

Check and see if the tranny comes with any warrenty. If it does, see who services it and how much longer you have. Also, make sure the warrenty is owner transfurrable...you wouldn't believe how that small print will screw you over.

If you can get him down into the 13s, it might be more reasonable, but that tranny should have you a little skeptical, as well as a mechanic giving opinions on something he knows nothing about :rolleyes:

Once more, good luck though! :thumbsup:

karak567
04-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Alright, thanks for the advice guys. Also, what do you think of this CARFAX report? It lists 5 different owners. My original thought was that it changed hands from dealer to dealer. The Maheim Auto Auction is also 15 minutes from my house and I do see a new buyer from the auto auction. Lots of cars on the lots around where I live are from the Manheim Auto Auction.

Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:
06/04/1999 NICB
Vehicle manufactured and shipped to original
dealer
09/15/1999 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Mount Pleasant, PA
Registered as
personal vehicle
10/05/1999 35 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Mount Pleasant, PA
Title or registration issued
First owner reported
Loan or lien reported
11/19/1999 Auto Auction
Sold at auction
in Eastern Region
Listed as
a dealer vehicle
11/29/1999 6,667 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced
Lubed oil and filter changed
Electrical system serviced
12/03/1999 New Jersey
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Blackwood, NJ
Title issued or updated
New owner reported
03/10/2000 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced
Transmission serviced
Miscellaneous service performed
03/21/2000 6,712 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Philadelphia, PA
Title or registration issued
04/24/2001 13,290 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced
Miscellaneous service performed
05/07/2001 13,366 Dealer Inventory
Mount Laurel, NJ
Vehicle offered for sale
05/14/2001 13,438 Inspection Co.
New Jersey
Vehicle Inspected
Anti-theft device present
at the time of inspection
05/14/2001 Dealer Inventory
New Jersey
Vehicle sold
05/18/2001 Dealer Inventory
Mount Laurel, NJ
Vehicle offered for sale
05/23/2001 New Jersey
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Mount Laurel, NJ
Title #DA20011430398
Title issued or updated
New owner reported
06/01/2001 New Jersey
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Swedesboro, NJ
Title #BR20011520153
Title issued or updated
06/05/2001 14,363 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced
10/20/2001 17,239 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced
Engine serviced
04/13/2002 21,853 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced
Engine serviced
07/27/2002 27,796 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced
Engine serviced
11/14/2002 31,510 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
West Chester, PA
Title issued or updated
New owner reported
12/12/2002 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Manheim, PA
Title issued or updated
12/13/2002 31,657 Auto Auction
Sold at auction
in Eastern Region
Listed as
a dealer vehicle
02/12/2003 31,683 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Avondale, PA
Title issued or updated
New owner reported
03/10/2005 Dealer Inventory
Parkesburg, PA
Vehicle offered for sale
03/12/2005 Dealer Inventory
Parkesburg, PA
Vehicle offered for sale</pre>

Firme
04-05-2005, 06:06 PM
I would walk just from seeing that report , but that is just me.

I would personally look for one that was owned by someone as particular with the way they treated their car as me. 5 owners=not good, sold at auction= really not good, "dealer vehicle", if that is what I think it means (meaning someone at the dealership gets to drive it around for a while)=totally unacceptable. That to me would mean the car was really ragged on.

Just MHO.

Stavesacre21
04-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Agree with Firme...

In light of that report, I wouldn't think twice on turnin my back. Considering all the different title changes and services done, as well as taking in the rebuilt tranny, this car sure sounds like it's been pushed hard.

That list almost sounds like a blacklist of problems. If you're serious about a Cobra, I can almost gaurantee you could find one ownerd by 1 or 2 owners that were meticulous about their cars, as opposed to an overpriced, possiably molested dealer car.

The frequent titles changes would bother me, meaning that THAT many different driving styles were adjusting the car again and again. Plus, I'd also frown on the fact that "auto auction" seems to be tossed around like a frisbee on labor day :rolleyes:

However, i know the anticipation it takes...buying the first car you find that fits the profile. As i said previously, just think it all through :cool:

karak567
04-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Well do you think if I had a mechanic give it a 21-point inspection, he could pick up on that stuff? One thing I noticed is that the first three owners turned it around and sold it real quick, making me think they were buying/re-selling for profit when it was a real "hot" new car?

I've just been looking for a long while and this is the first one I've found that really fits the profile and time is running low. I am nearly positive I can get this car for 12,500 or 13,000 max from the dealer.

Here's an easier to read summary of past owners, note the dates and how quick the turn around was, especially in the beginning:

Ownership History:

CARFAX estimates that this 1999 FORD MUSTANG COBRA SVT (1FAFP47V3XF200608) had 5 owner(s). CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history and other supporting events to identify potential ownership transfers. In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Estimated Owners: Date: Location:
1st owner 10/05/1999 Pennsylvania
2nd owner 12/03/1999 New Jersey
3rd owner 05/23/2001 New Jersey
4th owner 11/14/2002 Pennsylvania
5th owner 02/12/2003 Pennsylvania

RF Cobra
04-05-2005, 08:31 PM
One thing I noticed is that the first three owners turned it around and sold it real quick, making me think they were buying/re-selling for profit when it was a real "hot" new car?

Here's an easier to read summary of past owners, note the dates and how quick the turn around was, especially in the beginning:

Ownership History:

CARFAX estimates that this 1999 FORD MUSTANG COBRA SVT (1FAFP47V3XF200608) had 5 owner(s). CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history and other supporting events to identify potential ownership transfers. In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Estimated Owners: Date: Location:
1st owner 10/05/1999 Pennsylvania
2nd owner 12/03/1999 New Jersey
3rd owner 05/23/2001 New Jersey
4th owner 11/14/2002 Pennsylvania
5th owner 02/12/2003 Pennsylvania
I doubt they would have been able to resale at a profit, especially the first buyer since they took out a loan shortly before they sold the car. This tells me they got in over their heads. The auction suggests they may have even turned the car over and it was auctioned by the lien holder. Since the car has had some problems that is also a good indicator (along with the rapid turnover) the car was not well cared for. And don't buy for a minute the spill that it was well cared for while owned by a dealership. I have watched too many salesman drive dealership cars. They couldn't care less what happens to the car since it is not theirs. I would agree with the others and say run, not walk away.

It can be discouraging, but in the long run you will be much happier with a well cared for Cobra that gives you years of dependable service over one that is going to insure that your mechanic puts you on his Christmas card mailing list.

cobrabitn
04-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Okay....my .02 worth.

I have stated this in other threads on the SCMC BB on what I personally look for when buying a used car/previously owned.

1. Mileage - you want as low of miles that your pocket book can afford and as close to stock as possible.
2. One owner - this is a must if you are going to buy a used car. The original owner bought the car and it is/was his or her pride and joy and was most likely well taken care of while in their possesion.
3. Modifications/dependability - supercharger...forget it. It most likely had some issue and now the owner wants to dump it on someone else. There are some straight forward people out there but most will want to take you for a ride. You want a clean slate with a dependable vehicle. The engine must be well tuned and you should not find any significant problems with it.
4. Appearance - If it looks good inside and out then it was most likely kept that way, especially if it was the original owner.
5. Price - price is the last thing to worry about because if it a well kept car, it may demand a slightly higher price then book value. Remember it's a guide, not the bible on buying a used car.

After reading everything you stated...I would not buy this car. Think about it.....sold 5 times, transmission trouble, engine issues (which could be the fix), electrical issues?? What the heck is that?, the price is too high, the tires are worn out and the dealer just cut over a grand in less then an hour. There's too much history there to want this car.

Do this (As I have done several times) go to Autotrader.com and look for the year you want to purchase and see if they have the color you want available. Then follow the 5 steps above. Be patient, it took me 2 years to find my 1994 Indy Pace Car with 9390 miles on it for 16K. (It looks just like new, believe me)

Take the car to Autozone and let them do a code scan on it to see if something comes up? Ask for a vehicle history from the dealership, in other words what problems were fixed under warranty and when and for what reason. If this dealer swears this is an awesome car then ask them to include a 1 or 2 year warranty with it. If they stand behind it then let them prove it, if not then there's your answer to any doubt you may have had with this purchase.

Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

djbobbyzee
04-05-2005, 10:52 PM
:eek:
How many auctions? Bail on this car. Every new post provides more evidence why you SHOULD NOT BUY THE CAR.

And if your mechanic is DUMB enough to drive a vette & claim a Cobra has a hydraulic clutch... GET A NEW MECHANIC!

There's no need for a 21 point inspection, they can't pull apart the tranny to dig into the syncros. That's usually the problem w/ the gear grind. Common in old Fox bodies, but bad news in the new T45's & T56's.

Again, bail out like you're surfin a tsunami. GET FAR AWAY FROM THAT CAR!

karak567
04-05-2005, 11:54 PM
Ugh this is so very frustrating. I've been looking for months for a car like this and this is the first one I found that didn't have any apparent problems to it and then this CARFAX stuff has to come up. It just seems every car has a freaking problem with it, none are perfect and if they are they cost too much. The only perfect black SVT 99 cobra I found they wanted 21,000 dollars for it, minimum.

I mean, it's a used car, it's going to have problems at SOME point.

I just need a car within a month and I'm getting at my wits end.

I almost broke down and bought a Pontiac Sunfire!! (JUST KIDDING)

haha thanks for your help though guys, you probably just saved me a lot of money, heh.

I'm thinking I may have to give up on the cobra and settle for a 2002 GT.

Stavesacre21
04-05-2005, 11:57 PM
Do this (As I have done several times) go to Autotrader.com and look for the year you want to purchase and see if they have the color you want available.:thumbsup: I second that!!! Found my baby on Autotrader and had to drive 70 miles to get to it! May have a tranny issue, but within a 100 mile radius, i've still yet to see a bone-stock Cobra with a better interior/exterior overall condition!

Go with Autotrader...it'll give you SOOO many options, and I know you'll eventually find your dream car on there! :D

I'm tellin ya man....don't give up on the Cobras JUST yet...at least give autotrader a chance before you move on to GT land :baby:

cobrabitn
04-06-2005, 12:14 AM
Karak,

Look harder, you can find one within a month. Just keep looking! If all else fails on a 99, Robbie Helton has a beautiful show winning 1996 Laser Red Cobra coupe for sale. I'm not sure of the price but I think it is $12,900.00. I know he has a ton of money in it and believe me. it is well taken care of and a multiple first place show winner. It also has some mods on it and has over 300 rwhp.

Just my .02 worth. Look in the for sale section for it.

Tony

wrenchturner
04-06-2005, 12:18 AM
#rd here.. I looked for 6 months and found my cobra just outside NYC drove in a rental 2 times to look at it.. and went down with a buddy to pick it up and trialer it home... 400 miles away to find it and looked at a ton of cars. but found it (one owner and just 16k on it) there are out there... wait and find a clean no problem car.. autotrader and just search your butt off on the internet.. its out there waiting for you to find it..

:thumbsup: I second that!!! Found my baby on Autotrader and had to drive 70 miles to get to it! May have a tranny issue, but within a 100 mile radius, i've still yet to see a bone-stock Cobra with a better interior/exterior overall condition!

Go with Autotrader...it'll give you SOOO many options, and I know you'll eventually find your dream car on there! :D

I'm tellin ya man....don't give up on the Cobras JUST yet...at least give autotrader a chance before you move on to GT land :baby:

karak567
04-06-2005, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the encouragement guys :-). It's just I'm looking for a black coupe. I don't want a convertible (they are too heavy/slow and I don't like the look) and I don't want any other color than black. The production numbers on black cobra SVT coupes are like 1300. So there's 1300 of them ever made and I'm trying to find one, it's just frustrating. I might settle for red if I have to, but I REALLY want a black car. I found a Cobra SVT 99' within 150 miles, super clean with 6300 miles on it, exactly what I'm looking for. But when I called him to ask about it he said he won't sell it for anything less than 20,000 dollars and would rather keep it than sell it for a dime under 20 k. That's just out of my price range and I can buy a much nicer car for that much.

You guys are great though, thanks so much for helping out a n00b like me, I really owe you all!

Stavesacre21
04-06-2005, 12:25 AM
If all else fails on a 99, Robbie Helton has a beautiful show winning 1996 Laser Red Cobra coupe for sale. I'm not sure of the price but I think it is $12,900.00. I know he has a ton of money in it and believe me. it is well taken care of and a multiple first place show winner. It also has some mods on it and has over 300 rwhp.
And let me tell ya Karak, knowing previous owners is EVERYTHING with performance cars...because some SHOW, and some RACE. Differentiating which is which is always the hardest part, because owners wanting to sell are not always upfront.

Quite frankly, i'm a little envious :rolleyes: I'm already a little biased to the 96-98's anyway, but I think that you couldn't go wrong with a beauty like this! Heck, if I hadn't bought mine (and didn't want a vert), a car like that would be TOP of the list! Guess it all depends on the body you're looking for, cause i'm sure that it's been more-then-well cared for :thumbsup:

karak567
04-06-2005, 12:36 AM
And let me tell ya Karak, knowing previous owners is EVERYTHING with performance cars...because some SHOW, and some RACE. Differentiating which is which is always the hardest part, because owners wanting to sell are not always upfront.

Quite frankly, i'm a little envious :rolleyes: I'm already a little biased to the 96-98's anyway, but I think that you couldn't go wrong with a beauty like this! Heck, if I hadn't bought mine (and didn't want a vert), a car like that would be TOP of the list! Guess it all depends on the body you're looking for, cause i'm sure that it's been more-then-well cared for :thumbsup:
It sounds great but I'm just not a fan of the 96 body style, something about it just doesn't click for me. Plus I'm really set on a black car. You have no idea how much I WANT to be interested, heh. Thanks for the tip though! :-)

cobrabitn
04-06-2005, 12:42 AM
Stop talking on the BB and go here:

I would go to this one first to check out:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=167904328&dealer_id=54893422&car_year=1999&make=FORD&distance=300&lang=en&max_price=17000&model=MUST&sponsorModel=&end_year=1999&min_price=14000&certified=&address=29732&search_type=both&advanced=&start_year=1999&isp=y&cardist=255

or here:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=171269754&dealer_id=819936&car_year=1999&make=FORD&distance=300&lang=en&max_price=17000&model=MUST&sponsorModel=&end_year=1999&min_price=14000&certified=&address=29732&search_type=both&advanced=&start_year=1999&isp=y&cardist=38

Morrison Motors is known for being particular about their cars.

or here:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=180650219&dealer_id=819936&car_year=1999&make=FORD&distance=300&lang=en&max_price=17000&model=MUST&sponsorModel=&end_year=1999&min_price=14000&certified=&address=29732&search_type=both&advanced=&start_year=1999&isp=y&cardist=38

Tell them you were referred by the SVT Cobra Club.

karak567
04-06-2005, 12:56 AM
Stop talking on the BB and go here:

I would go to this one first to check out:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=167904328&dealer_id=54893422&car_year=1999&make=FORD&distance=300&lang=en&max_price=17000&model=MUST&sponsorModel=&end_year=1999&min_price=14000&certified=&address=29732&search_type=both&advanced=&start_year=1999&isp=y&cardist=255

or here:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=171269754&dealer_id=819936&car_year=1999&make=FORD&distance=300&lang=en&max_price=17000&model=MUST&sponsorModel=&end_year=1999&min_price=14000&certified=&address=29732&search_type=both&advanced=&start_year=1999&isp=y&cardist=38

Morrison Motors is known for being particular about their cars.

or here:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=180650219&dealer_id=819936&car_year=1999&make=FORD&distance=300&lang=en&max_price=17000&model=MUST&sponsorModel=&end_year=1999&min_price=14000&certified=&address=29732&search_type=both&advanced=&start_year=1999&isp=y&cardist=38

Tell them you were referred by the SVT Cobra Club.
Wow thanks man. I had combed through auto-trader but I missed those because I was looking for SVT in the title to flag me down. I really appreciate all your help and will be calling that dealer and the other seller tomorrow! I know I'm an annoying noob and I really thank you guys for your patience! :-)

Stavesacre21
04-06-2005, 01:14 AM
That's awesome! I'm thinkin that out of those 3, you should be able to find at least one that's up the the fine-tooth comb of a quality Cobra! Best of luck with the calls, and keep us posted with the results! :thumbsup: