PDA

View Full Version : plan to add a Cobra, but not sure which- '95project, '07new, '95 R?

AustinSVT
04-04-2005, 01:39 PM
I'm looking to add a Cobra to the stable (not right at the moment, but later this year). Just not sure which route I want to take-

find a 1995 Cobra Coupe, 408cid, Yellow R clone, cruiser
wait to purchase a new 2007 GT500 Cobra, nice day cruiser
find a 1995 Cobra 'R' and cruise on weekends and to the Shows
(no plans to track it since it's a 1 owner car with no racing history)

I'm leaning towards the R idea, be nice to own something a little rare and not most people have, I actually have not seen one in centex just 2 '93s and 3' 00s. I know of one with under 2k miles around $25k, a '07 Cobra would be pricey and the '95 408project would add up during the build up.
:fordflag:

Firme
04-04-2005, 02:04 PM
That is some tough choices there Rick.

But out of all of those, I would say either the 95 R followed very closely by the 07. The 95 R is VERY rare and you never really see those anywhere. The 07 will have the power and the mod-ability for some SERIOUS power, but the $$ would be the deal breaker though.

( oh and find a 95 R that has been open tracked, because I PROMISE that you will have blast open tracking with that thing :D )

AustinSVT
04-04-2005, 02:27 PM
i wouldn't mind tracking a R if I had the money to support the parts needed
(tires, additional wheels, tires, fuel, rotors, pads, harnesses, bar/cage, additional suspension, additional safety gear, trailer to tow behind the lightning, storage for said trailer, etc etc) :D

the reason for the '95 yellow idea- (my old '95 GT, first car for me to 'tinker' with and I do regret putting on snakes now, got them for free but wish now I did the tri-bar ponys.) :rolleyes:
http://www.austinsvt.com/rick/pics/95gtfront.jpg

96MysticSVT
04-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Go for the R, the other 2 will be in abundance for years to come so you can always add one of those later.

Does this mean you will be adding another garage to the house? If not, you can always borrow a spot in one of my garages (as long as you leave the keys incase of an "emergency");)

93KingCobra
04-04-2005, 11:14 PM
R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R

cobrabitn
04-04-2005, 11:51 PM
I would get the R if I already had a Lightning to pull it with. And you definitely have to get it out on the track.... :bounce:

InfamousSVT
04-05-2005, 02:56 AM
I voted for the R, but you need to track it!:D