PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Island Meet - Poll - Please check

Mrs TwiceBitten
04-05-2005, 11:52 PM
Ok...trying to secure a date for the 2nd Annual Tiki Island SCMC Cobra meet. We will go with the "best date" for the majority. The plan is to have crawfish, suds, and "other food" for those with crawfish aversions. We had a blast last year...may have to book a block of rooms this year if we overflow on beds. Country breakfast served the following morning for the overnighters.

Basically, for those who did not attend last year (and we encourage EVERYONE to try to make it this year - especially if you are not a regular at the meetings!!)...here's the deal. Larry and I have a home on Tiki Island (just before Galveston) and the party is for all SCMC'ers (and maybe a few other hoodlums). Good food, good drinks, good music (um...Jimmy???), good friends, and hopefully good weather. We are directly on the bay, and Mike is our only licensed lifeguard. Kids are welcome, however mine will be with grandparents so I can RELAX. We can sleep a certain number of people comfortably, a few more if they are really friendly ;) . Maybe Keith will bring his XBOX or Playstation again, and the party runs well into the evening/early morning hours. We always encourage those partaking in adult beverages to stay the night, or we will block some rooms somewhere. Fishing and story-telling on the deck...and a gorgeous sunset. Check the pics from last year's event on the home page.

Let's see a show of hands for who is in favor of what weekend.

97CasperCobra
04-06-2005, 12:04 AM
As the first one to respond....I get to call a bed right now!! :D

I'll be in. the date doesn't matter to me as I'll be asking off work for that whole weekend. And as always...if you need me to do anything please feel free to ask. :thumbsup:

....you also need to put in there that if you get sick you can always go over the railing. ;)

msmap
04-06-2005, 01:35 AM
I may just have to rent a bed or a couch for the evening also :thumbsup:

Any of those days is good. I'll bring the Amsterdamian brownies :eek:

93KingCobra
04-06-2005, 01:53 AM
My bed has already been reseved!!! So you know I'm in for sure :thumbsup: Anytime for me as well.....

Levi
04-06-2005, 10:41 AM
I'm in, anytime is good and let me know what I can do to help get ready, just name it. :thumbsup:

LadyCobra01'
04-06-2005, 11:46 AM
Sounds good to me! Missed out last year! :( I voted for Memorial Weekend! Party!

Kim

Firme
04-06-2005, 12:05 PM
IN and are looking to spend the night if room is still available :thumbsup:

99CobraCrazy
04-06-2005, 02:36 PM
I will be there if it is on the weekend of the 28th, my wife will be in Colorado at her sisters graduation. If there is anything I can bring or do, let me know i'm game...Andrew and Diana Kennedy

Evilcartman
04-06-2005, 03:53 PM
We are so in. I can't wait. That last one was one of the best meets yet.

John Chingasos
04-06-2005, 03:56 PM
All of those weekends are ok for me

I would like to reserve a room for my boss and I

Jesse99
04-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Hollie and I are planing to make the trip to this one :thumbsup: Hopefully it can be for the 21st..Also we're going to need a place to stay.. Let us know something as we missed the last one :(

03 cobra toy
04-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Hollie and I are planing to make the trip to this one :thumbsup: Hopefully it can be for the 21st..Also we're going to need a place to stay.. Let us know something as we missed the last one :(

21st :thumbsup:

Blownsvtlightning
04-06-2005, 09:40 PM
The last one was super fun!!! nobody should miss this!!

bluelight_tj
04-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Ok i guess I will show up. I will be one of the hoodlums and will bring the x-box and projector.:D

Ps where is the bucket to donate for the crawfish and what time do I need to be there if you all need help..:thumbsup:

Steven

97CasperCobra
04-06-2005, 11:24 PM
I voted for Memorial Weekend! Party!

Kim

can't do it Memorial weekend AT ALL as it's opening weekend for the pools and I am 110% positive that I can't get off that weekend. Any weekend before that wouldn't be a problem for me. :thumbsup:

Bartman01
04-06-2005, 11:50 PM
Any day BUT Memorial Day weekend.

Mrs TwiceBitten
04-07-2005, 12:22 AM
OK group...glad to hear from a few non-regs! We are leaning toward the 21st...hope that Andrew and Kim may be able to work that out. If anyone else is violently opposed to that date...please sound off.

Details ad nauseum to follow in another post. Thanks Steven for the suggestion of a "bug bucket" for contributions. We'll see who wants to bring what, and the gaming deal is beyond my scope of expertise so that's up to you guys. We'll probably play LRC as that was a crowd favorite, or poker. :cool: Maybe Joey will teach us all how to fish. :rotf:

Again...still waiting to hear from a few other stragglers and delinquents, and then we will set the date. Thanks for the nice comments about last year...we thoroughly enjoyed it and are honored to make this an annual event. It wouldn't have been as much fun without the great group in attendance who helped tremendously.

Git 'er done! (that was Larry)

97CasperCobra
04-07-2005, 12:42 AM
Thanks Steven for the suggestion of a "bug bucket" for contributions.

VERY good suggestion....I was gonna get something put together, but the tip/contributions jar is a superb idea as I know the Franks go through a LOT for these things. :thumbsup:

cobrapace94
04-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Any weekend is as good as the next, except Memorial weekend, it will be a toss up if I can make it, very busy at work. Pick a day & I'll do my best to make it.

AirForce1
04-07-2005, 01:25 PM
14th or 21st :thumbsup: I cant go on memorial day because they put my squadron on dudy.:mad:

03 cobra toy
04-07-2005, 04:12 PM
14th or 21st :thumbsup: I cant go on memorial day because they put my squodren on dudy.:mad:

Fish feeder?? :barf: :barf: :spoke: :rotf:

Josh968
04-07-2005, 04:24 PM
squodren on dudy.:mad:

:scratch:

03 cobra toy
04-07-2005, 04:34 PM
"my squodren on dudy.:mad:"

:scratch:

Sound it out... squo-d-ren on du-dy :rotf: :D

Levi
04-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Sound it out... squo-dren du-dy :rotf: :D

It's spelled like ROTC, Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaalph On The Couch. :rotf:

Mrs TwiceBitten
04-07-2005, 05:07 PM
You boys are relentless. P.S. No ralphing on the couch. That's what outside is for. :p

AirForce1
04-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Fish feeder?? :barf: :barf: :spoke: :rotf:

hahahah :321: :321: :spimpin:

AirForce1
04-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Sound it out... squo-d-ren on du-dy :rotf: :D

I only got 3 hours of sleep last night :zz: and i got up at 4:30 :( so leave me alone

Firme
04-07-2005, 07:27 PM
alright back to the Tiki Meet.. :bounce:

Codes
04-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Oh man, I am in...just give me a date and I will demand it off:bounce:

99CobraCrazy
04-07-2005, 09:21 PM
[Andrew and Kim may be able to work that out. If anyone else is violently opposed to that date...please sound off.

If it falls on the 21st, some take pics for me. I am a grooms-man in a wedding:(

JBoden
04-07-2005, 09:56 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
This was the best party -we wouldn't miss it for anything.

:bounce: Count us in!

:thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
04-08-2005, 12:14 AM
I'm gonna be a HUGE pain in the ass and suggest yet another date for me. the 14th!!!! Turns out we have to have another lifeguard training class b/c we need more guards and it's gonna fall on the 21st.

So make it the 14th otherwise i'm out. :(

kencobra
04-08-2005, 12:29 AM
ouch !

Twice Bitten
04-08-2005, 12:54 AM
OK...who could definitely NOT make the 14th, IF that were to be the date?

99CobraCrazy
04-08-2005, 08:16 AM
I am only opposed to the 21st, but don't change it on my account :) My wife and I can make any other weekend.

kencobra
04-08-2005, 09:37 AM
As I posted on another thread, I will be in St. Louis on the 14th. If that is the date then I wish everyone a good time as I will also be having fun myself watching S. Hagar. :headbang: Take pictures and I want to hear the good stories. :)

Is anyone going to the Oreilly Nats this weekend ?

speederdoc
04-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Dadgummit, I just sold my Tiki vacation home a couple of weeks ago! I could have slept a bunch of y'all there. Bad timing, the things been on the market a year and a half, and nobody bit the whole time. Everybody be sure to watch your speed down Tiki drive, those officers have a low tolerance.

I'll be at the drag races Sunday with my son!

97CasperCobra
04-08-2005, 11:52 AM
let's just keep the date at the 21st. no need to change it on my account if others can't make it. I'll do my best to make it down there and see what I can do about work. :thumbsup: Thanks though.....means a lot ya'll would change it for me. :love:

Jesse99
04-08-2005, 03:33 PM
I wouldn't be able to make it on the 14th.. May 4 -16th I'll be in Oklahoma working.. But if everyone desides to do the 14th I'll try hard to be there as it's been way too long since I've been in Houston to see everyone.. :thumbsup:

LadyCobra01'
04-08-2005, 03:40 PM
June? That first weekend? It's not my house!! ;)

LadyCobra01'
04-08-2005, 03:41 PM
I will be in Vegas on the 14th for a Yellow Mustang Show!! :bounce:

cobrapace94
04-08-2005, 05:08 PM
I will be in Vegas on the 14th for a Yellow Mustang Show!! :bounce:

You driving all the way to Vagas for a YM show. Lucky you if you are & luck you if you are gonna fly... :)

LadyCobra01'
04-08-2005, 05:36 PM
You driving all the way to Vagas for a YM show. Lucky you if you are & luck you if you are gonna fly... :)

Yes! I am driving!! :thumbsup:

msmap
04-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Yes! I am driving!! :thumbsup:

Wow, sounds like lots of fun. Maybe I should spray paint ssssnk yellow and tag along :rotf:

AirForce1
04-09-2005, 03:15 AM
i can make any date but the 28 so eather the 14 or 21 is fine with me.:thumbsup:

bluethunder
04-09-2005, 06:31 PM
When ever it happens you know Me and the wife will be there. I will have my beer in one hand a fishing pole in another. If I don't have to run any cars on the dyno when the day comes.

Mrs TwiceBitten
04-09-2005, 07:11 PM
When ever it happens you know Me and the wife will be there. I will have my beer in one hand a fishing pole in another. If I don't have to run any cars on the dyno when the day comes.

Do you run cars on the dyno at nite?:doubt: :nope: But then again, you might have your car on there trying to up the HP. I mean if my car only made 111 hp on the dyno, I would be working on it late as well:p .
Larry is picking on you, not Rachel;) Of course I would cry when I got beat by that car if it was only making 111hp:baby: :bawling:

spitfire
04-09-2005, 11:55 PM
Sorry, looks like I will be dodging the kidnappers in Columbia next month! :(

LadyCobra01'
04-10-2005, 10:55 AM
It looks like the 21st? :thumbsup:

bluethunder
04-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Do you run cars on the dyno at nite?:doubt: :nope: But then again, you might have your car on there trying to up the HP. I mean if my car only made 111 hp on the dyno, I would be working on it late as well:p .
Larry is picking on you, not Rachel;) Of course I would cry when I got beat by that car if it was only making 111hp:baby: :bawling:

:rolleyes: :mad: , At least mines done.

Twice Bitten
04-11-2005, 12:20 AM
:rolleyes: :mad: , At least mines done.

Have you seen Rachel's car? :jawdrop: :drool:

ZincYellowCobra
04-11-2005, 12:37 AM
Had a blast last year! I'm in! :thumbsup:

Mrs TwiceBitten
04-12-2005, 05:20 PM
OK guys...it looks like it will be the 21st of May. Please stay tuned for an official post/sticky with the particulars. Thanks to everyone who participated in the poll and posted. It's hard to please a large group...but it seems that the 21st is the most common denominator.

LadyCobra01'
04-12-2005, 07:40 PM
OK guys...it looks like it will be the 21st of May. Please stay tuned for an official post/sticky with the particulars. Thanks to everyone who participated in the poll and posted. It's hard to please a large group...but it seems that the 21st is the most common denominator.

Sounds Good! Do I need to bring anything? :D

Kim

97CasperCobra
04-12-2005, 08:06 PM
OK guys...it looks like it will be the 21st of May. It's hard to please a large group...but it seems that the 21st is the most common denominator.

I'll ask my boss if I can have that Sat off....I really wanna make it and stay the night if I can as I don't want to miss out on any late night fishing. :thumbsup: If I don't get off I'll be coming down later...will let you guys know the results tomorrow. :thumbsup:

JBoden
04-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Be sure to let us know what we can do to help!!!!!!! You guys are so generous :bounce:

Jesse99
04-12-2005, 10:33 PM
The 21st sounds great.. Hollie and I will make the trip to this one.. Hopefully we can stay the night there.. If not could someone please give us some numbers to places near that area.. Later Jesse

jimmysidecarr
04-13-2005, 12:58 AM
Did someone say "TUNES"?????

I'm in...

Looks like solo this time...

As I am fond of an occasional adult beverage, I also would like to stay the night...any corner with carpet out of reach of mosquitoes will work for me...

I am also quite fond of an occasional CIGAR!!!
and lengthy technical automotive forays into the land of "What If" ;)

Fishing???.... You catch em I'll eat em!!!

Last year was VERY fun for me!

I got to pretty much play what I wanted and no one seemed to mind...

Did I mention smoke cigars?.................. ALL DAY!!!

I will be there... irregardless of the proposed date.

I do believe I will bring a more adequate sun screen this time though -----> :firedevil

Marvelous fun ... although some of the LADIES did have the proverbial "deer in the headlights" gaze while monitoring some of the more technical(might as well be abstract!!) disscusions... I am soo guilty of going over board "bench racing"...

But!

I love it!!! and it is surprisingly afforable!!..........LOL

Now the food needs to be discussed!!!!

BECAUSE IT WAS SO FREAKING AWESOME LAST TIME!!!!....
Good luck beating that benchmark!!! -----> Larry and Carl <----- Holy crap they can tear it up!!!...
Edmond too <----!!!!

However, do to .... diminished liquid capitol(CHING$$$)... I will not be able to provide nearly as many cigar "COMPS" this time ... :(

BUT!! <------Geez that a big BUTT!!

JimmySidecarr will be there to represent the semi-aged(RELIC!!!) BOOMER contingent!!!..... LOL

I will be bringing ... amp... speakers(Bose)... CD player... Beers and Ales of a non-garden variety type-----> IE: DARK.. ROBUST... MALTY... NOT TOO HOPPY...ETC..

Oh and a boring Fox platform 04 Mystichrome coupe... nicely equipped with ZZ Top's greatest hits...
Steely Dan's .... "Every thing must go"(semi new)
And Ravel's Bolero!!

Also known as the quietest Cobra on the planet!!!
It wil be really quiet then because it will be parked for quite some time!!!

Jimmy :p

Mrs TwiceBitten
04-13-2005, 10:05 AM
:rotf:

Jimmy, not sure whether you had a good time or not. We will try harder this year! ;)
OK group...the official post should be up by the end of the week. That's where we will nail down the particulars. Thanks to everyone offering to help out...this party is "for the people, by the people!"