PDA

View Full Version : An honest question...

Stevenbekah
04-07-2005, 09:50 AM
...and I need some good honest answers!

Okay, I've got an 03' Cobra Vert; Steeda CAI, Bassani Catback and some custom wheels and tires...I'm seriously considering the pulley/flash tuner upgrade...

I'm also 37 years old (not a kid, not a full grown-up either!)...

I've noticed so MANY of you have done the pulley/tune set up...

Here's the question, honestly "Have ANY of you experienced any motor problems whatsoever as a result of the pulley/tuner upgrade?"

I know you can't exactly say that as a result of those two they will void your warrenty, however, I'm also aware that a flash tuner can "go in and out" unnoticed, however, the pulley cannot be converted back to stock without an experienced dealer checking it out...therefore, those mods can be deemed by the dealer as the cause of something not covered under warranty.

And hey, I'm not looking to start a thread about what is and what's not covered, we've all read enough of those...I just want some honest answers to that question about the pulley and tune.

Thanks to all in advance!!

Steve

gnxs
04-07-2005, 12:35 PM
...and I need some good honest answers!

Okay, I've got an 03' Cobra Vert; Steeda CAI, Bassani Catback and some custom wheels and tires...I'm seriously considering the pulley/flash tuner upgrade...

I'm also 37 years old (not a kid, not a full grown-up either!)...

I've noticed so MANY of you have done the pulley/tune set up...

Here's the question, honestly "Have ANY of you experienced any motor problems whatsoever as a result of the pulley/tuner upgrade?"

I know you can't exactly say that as a result of those two they will void your warrenty, however, I'm also aware that a flash tuner can "go in and out" unnoticed, however, the pulley cannot be converted back to stock without an experienced dealer checking it out...therefore, those mods can be deemed by the dealer as the cause of something not covered under warranty.

And hey, I'm not looking to start a thread about what is and what's not covered, we've all read enough of those...I just want some honest answers to that question about the pulley and tune.

Thanks to all in advance!!

SteveNo problems with my motor so far. Pulleyed at 1,500; Whippled at 21,000; 31,000 on the car now.

However, I didn't care about the warranty and just wanted to go fast. If warranty is your #1 concern, don't mod the car until it's expired.

cobra330
04-07-2005, 01:59 PM
What he said.....and it did not stop me either...full exhaust and cai. Next in line pulley and tune..and some other things..got so much can't remember what i got!

Davesnake
04-07-2005, 04:02 PM
However, I didn't care about the warranty and just wanted to go fast. If warranty is your #1 concern, don't mod the car until it's expired.

:stupid: ;)

I've been pullied since 5k and I'm at 20k now no motor issues here....but I have been very careful in my mods, (dynoing after each one) and have a very good tune....the tune is the most important part of modding your car IMO. I'm sure gnxs would agree with me on that.

Dave

gnxs
04-07-2005, 04:50 PM
......but I have been very careful in my mods, (dynoing after each one) and have a very good tune....the tune is the most important part of modding your car IMO. I'm sure gnxs would agree with me on that.

Dave
That's the understatement of the year!! :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
04-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Never had a problem out of mine!

I agree with the above statements, the pulley really isn't the factor, it depends on the tune....so just make sure when you get the pulley to have a dyno tune, it's the safest way to go. :thumbsup:

Good luck!

kencobra
04-07-2005, 11:43 PM
I am 40 and my cars an everday driver. I decided to go a little conservative and went with a 2.93 and Predator with a conservative tune on a dyno, little on the rich side . No problems at all to this point ,18500 miles.

ausie
04-08-2005, 07:19 AM
I have not modified my 04 yet. I plan too but want to have fun with it first before I let loose on the modifications. Let me just say that I am building up for the additional boost. A few things hear or there, and once all of the important components are installed (heat exchanger will be next) then I will dump money into the mods, I may just bypass the pullies and go with a whipple or Kene Bell. I am not sure which route to take yet.

speederdoc
04-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Man, that's good to hear. I'm so close to pulleying and tuning mine, I can't wait. Once you get the mod bug, it's hard to stop. :bounce:

OBI ONE
04-09-2005, 02:09 AM
I have the 2.8 pulley and no problems with the engine. I also did the tune with the predator but also had a custom tune for my fuel. I was running rich but found out it was a bad fuel regulator. It is all good now. The dealership here knows I have the pulley and they have not voided my warrenty. They told me they knew these cars would get tuned and modded so they dont worry until the engine is actually broken into. But every dealer is different.