PDA

View Full Version : Psp

Codes
04-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Saw a little talk about the PSP in another thread, so...thought I might start a PSP thread.

Got mine on the 26th along with Ridge Racer, Lumines, and Metal Gear Acid. Picked up WipeOut Pure today and ordered a 1 gig memory stick duo off of Amazon.

So, any of yous guys have one, and if so what games????

Firme
04-07-2005, 10:28 PM
I want one SOOOO bad, BUT its pretty expensive and I am going to buy a house so all of the extra $$$ is cut :(

My co-worker got one on launch day and brought it to work. He had Spiderman 2 on minidisc and we were watching it on there. The display blew me away on how crisp and clear it is. It put all the competition to shame by a long shot.

Levi
04-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Was looking to check them out, just not dun it yet. :cool:

Codes
04-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Everybody needs to get one so we can play wireless multiplayer Ridge Racer or Wipe Out. I never really got into handhelds but I play this thing all the fricken time...

Jesse99
04-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Yea I bought mine when it came out.. In fact this is my 3rd one.. The first 2 had issue's.. And let me tell you.. This system isn't the best built system, expect problems.. You can really tell Sony didn't have kids in mind when building it.. So if anyone is thinking of getting one please get a warrenty like Best Buy has.. But besides that I love it.. I'm already converting movies for play on my PSP.. I got all kinds of MP3's and of course games.. The stuff to do on this thing is awesome.. I've been on a few PSP forums and they already have ways to chat online with it.. I also recommend getting the 1g memory card if you plan on downloading movies or MP3 on it.. As for my games I have Wipeout and Need for speed.. Need for speed is awesome.. Wipeout I mainly use it to get online when I'm at the coffeeshop.. Later

Codes
04-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Yea I bought mine when it came out.. In fact this is my 3rd one.. The first 2 had issue's.. And let me tell you.. This system isn't the best built system, expect problems.. You can really tell Sony didn't have kids in mind when building it.. So if anyone is thinking of getting one please get a warrenty like Best Buy has.. But besides that I love it.. I'm already converting movies for play on my PSP.. I got all kinds of MP3's and of course games.. The stuff to do on this thing is awesome.. I've been on a few PSP forums and they already have ways to chat online with it.. I also recommend getting the 1g memory card if you plan on downloading movies or MP3 on it.. As for my games I have Wipeout and Need for speed.. Need for speed is awesome.. Wipeout I mainly use it to get online when I'm at the coffeeshop.. Later
Do you have a 1 gig stick? And if so, where did you get it. I ordered mine off of Amazon and it wont get here till the 26...of MAY. And yea, I could tell the second I saw it that it wasnt made to be played with by children. I think this is more of a grown up toy. What kind of issues have you had with it, mine has worked perfectly and I have been playing the crap out of it. Only thing I can see is two dead pixels...and sometimes those dont even show up.

Jesse99
04-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Yes I got the 1 gig stick I paid $75 on Amazon the same day the PSP came out. I now see they went up on price :eek: ... The issues I had with the first PSP was dead pixels and a bad X button.. The second PSP the game tray didn't close right so the game wouldn't start.. And my current one sometimes locks up.. But not all the time.. Best Buy told me I wasn't the only one having problems.. For every 5 system sold 1 will come back.. They told me Sony is aware of the problems and to except the exchange but not to incurage it.. I personly think it's bad busniess for Sony.. Later

Mephisto
04-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Yes, I started the PSP smack talk.

I have Ridge Racer, Metal Gear Acid, and Untold Legends. I also have the extra pelican battery, case, face shield, etc. I could only talk the wife into throwing a 256 card on top of all that. I will wait for 1 gig later. Bought it mostly for music and games on business trips, plus a few pics of my kids. I'm not interested in movies yet.

Codes
04-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Yes I got the 1 gig stick I paid $75 on Amazon the same day the PSP came out. I now see they went up on price :eek: ... The issues I had with the first PSP was dead pixels and a bad X button.. The second PSP the game tray didn't close right so the game wouldn't start.. And my current one sometimes locks up.. But not all the time.. Best Buy told me I wasn't the only one having problems.. For every 5 system sold 1 will come back.. They told me Sony is aware of the problems and to except the exchange but not to incurage it.. I personly think it's bad busniess for Sony.. Later
75 bucks:bugeyes:

Man, I just ordered another one that "might" be here by the end of april for 114 bucks. Man, wish I would have ordered mine earlier. So they are exchanging them for dead pixels, mine dont bug me but it isnt perfect. Might take it back and see if I can get a new one.