PDA

View Full Version : 04 cobra wheel hop

mlambrecht
04-09-2005, 04:09 PM
What is your guys' experience with removing the irs wheelhop. I don't want to do a solid axle conversion (although I have an 8.8 and adjustable lower arms that I made for my retired GT) I was thinking maybe some springs and adjustable shocks, with some support braces. How did you guys go about getting rid of wheel hop and what were your results. Thanks.
Matt

jack
04-10-2005, 04:56 PM
I would go with H&R springs and a sticky tire. I went with a little better rear tire and it helped alot. Im going with the springs next. If you are going to the track you will need more work but for the street this will help.

InfamousSVT
04-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Well, the wheel hop is something that everyone wants to get rid of.

This is what I have done and I've got rid of most of it, but I'm going to change somethings in the rear to hopefully put all of the wheel hop to rest.

The wheel hop is caused by deflection in the rear suspension, so the first thing you want to do is get rid of all the rubber bushings in the rear-end.

Go with MM for this, you can either get delrin which are more expensive but will do the job or poly which are cheaper, but also give you the reaction you're looking for.
www.maximummotorsports.com (http://www.maximummotorsports.com)

Steeda also sells these poly bushings and we as club members get a discount through them.

I've already got the poly bushings, and the H&R springs.

This is what I'm going to do in the next few months;
00'R shocks and struts
MM Delrin Bushings
MM Aluminum IRS bushings (3 piece set)
Sean Hyland Aluminum IRS Subframe bushings
MM Poly isolators

I'm also going to switch out to the level 5 halfshafts and hopefully all this will take all the unwanted wheel hop out and keep me in traction and spinning freely!:D

Hope this info helps out!