PDA

View Full Version : Free K&N Filter...

djbobbyzee
04-10-2005, 01:06 PM
What's up folks...

I've got a K&N Filter which fits into the stock airbox of a 96-98 Cobra (may also fit the 99+ apps, but not sure). It's in decent shape & was just recently cleaned & re-oiled (you can have the cleaner kit as well).

I recently put a BBK CAI on the car & now have no use for the K&N.

If anyone in the coastal NC area wants to pick it up... it's yours. Otherwise, Wilmington's Refuse team will be picking it up.

PM me if you're interested.

Enjoy the weekend!

Stavesacre21
04-11-2005, 02:06 AM
How you likin that intake dj? any pics to go along with it? I was thinkin of maybe upgrading my intake, but i'm just not a huge fan of modding the car much, nor removing the tower strut brace (even though it really doesn't matter in my situation anyway).

Let me know what's up with it!

P.S. - wish i woulda known about the filter sooner, else i wouldn't have went out and bought one myself! :doh2:

djbobbyzee
04-11-2005, 10:21 AM
As far as the intake... I've always discovered that opening up a car's lungs always adds a "trickle" of power. Does it make that MUCH of a difference over the K&N in the stock airbox? No.

But you can feel a difference. Slightly, especially at high RPM's & winding her up there.

Sure if you drove a hahaHonda 5-10 hp makes a world of difference in the 130hp world. We're living in 2.5 TIMES that in our reality, so 305hp & 310hp... ain't gonna feel anything major.

But it looks BAD @$$!!! The BBK is pricey, rolling in at $269. And as in my prior posts, you know what a B*T<H it is to get in... If I had to choose whether or not to buy again (if I were in your shoes) I would do it. Totally happy with it. Still gives me that warm fuzzy feeling everytime I open the hood.

Anyone else interested? K&N, going once, going twice?

nckissfan
04-11-2005, 10:27 AM
ha, kind of strange, two Pacific Greens in the same situation. I just purchased a Western Motorsports High Velocity CAI, and now have a K&N filter on my hands. I will probably hold onto mine, though. Yes, the car breathes a lot better now, especially on the higher end.

djbobbyzee
04-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Kinda looks good w/ our Pacific Green 97 Cobra's back to back on posts... :)
:bounce:

If no one in the area (or visiting this summer) wants the free K&N, I'll toss it up for 5 bucks at my yard sale.

I figured I'd give any of our members the chance to have at it first for free, kinda "take care of your own."

Stavesacre... get that car runnin' yet?

Stavesacre21
04-12-2005, 03:06 AM
Yea, just got it back today!

Car's runnin strong and the tranny seems smooth. Had a problem one time this afternoon with the car getting stuck in reverse, but since then, haven't had any other run ins! Not gonna act on this unless it happens a few more times. In the end though, it's runnin really great and I LOVE havin it back!

Thanx for the concern! :D

djbobbyzee
04-12-2005, 10:20 AM
Stavesacre... AWESOME to hear that she's runnin' well. The reverse stick would be of concern, hopefully the syncro just missed a beat (????)...

I forgot that you asked for pictures... sorry... I thought I posted the yahoo link earlier... but browse thru & you'll get an idea how the BBK will look on your 97.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/djbobbyzee/album?.dir=29f1&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Have a good one... cloudy & lousy here. Hopefully no rain.