PDA

View Full Version : Front ends?????

InfamousSVT
04-11-2005, 01:21 AM
Ok, I've currently got the H&R springs on the car now, but I'm thinking I'm going with coil-overs in the front, along with a K-member and control arms.
I've got the rear set-up taken care of as far as what I plan to do with it, but was wondering if anyone could give me some help/info for a K-member....

MM K-member's are great no doubt, but I don't want to put $650+ dollars into a K-member and then I have to purchase the oil filter relocation kit which is $300 just to use their K-member.
I've looked around at a few others and I want one that is built in the here in the USA with high quality materials.

I came across these guys; http://www.paracing.net
There's also D&D, Anthony Jones, etc.....

Anyone have any suggestions?..

Thanks in advance

-Jason

NO 5 OH
04-11-2005, 01:27 AM
Yeah I got a suggestion... GET BACK TO WORK YOU SLACKER :rotf:

The D&D stuff is nice from what I've heard... I read of a problem or two on 03 Cobras and the AJE k-member. Of course you know I'd recommend the MM pieces but they are expensive. They're geared more toward the "road race" crowd and not as light as some of the others. That's not a bad thing... merely stating facts to what they will tell you.

I also have PLENTY of experience taking apart the front suspension on a Mustang... my k-member is currently out of the car laying beside it, as well as the rest of the front suspension. I can help you do this one whenever you're ready as well ;)

Oh... and give me a call about your gauges when you get a chance mmkay?

Shannon

InfamousSVT
04-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Shannon, I'm supposed to get my Speed of Sound gauge pod this Tuesday.......so I'll give you a call towards the end of the week to set something up.

Butcher
04-12-2005, 01:10 AM
Ok, I've currently got the H&R springs on the car now, but I'm thinking I'm going with coil-overs in the front, along with a K-member and control arms.
I've got the rear set-up taken care of as far as what I plan to do with it, but was wondering if anyone could give me some help/info for a K-member....

MM K-member's are great no doubt, but I don't want to put $650+ dollars into a K-member and then I have to purchase the oil filter relocation kit which is $300 just to use their K-member.
I've looked around at a few others and I want one that is built in the here in the USA with high quality materials.

I came across these guys; http://www.paracing.net (http://www.paracing.net/)
There's also D&D, Anthony Jones, etc.....

Anyone have any suggestions?..

Thanks in advance

-JasonThe stock k-member blows goats. I think mine is currently sinking a trotline in toledo bend. If it isnt I'll give it to someone paying the frreight. QA-1.
Works for me now.

Jimmie

InfamousSVT
04-12-2005, 03:54 AM
Hey Jimmie, did you get my PM? Just was wondering about those stock rims and the GS-D3's you had....PM me back or email me!:thumbsup:

johnbasf
04-12-2005, 06:55 AM
I would use the MM k-member. It's a stout piece and does a great job of "fixing" the geometry in the front. Why are you looking to replace the k-member? You can go coilover without doing the k-member.

InfamousSVT
04-12-2005, 06:15 PM
I want to get a K-member to really just lighten up the front end a little, I'm going with MM A-arms and coil-over kit! I just don't want to spend $900 just to get their K-member and everything that goes with it!

johnbasf
04-12-2005, 09:19 PM
I want to get a K-member to really just lighten up the front end a little, I'm going with MM A-arms and coil-over kit! I just don't want to spend $900 just to get their K-member and everything that goes with it!

You only save 14lbs. I would stay stock. :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
04-12-2005, 09:21 PM
What would you suggest doing? Should I just go with the coil-over kit and get the MM A-arms?