PDA

View Full Version : Columbus go-kart outing! (sign in!)

Stavesacre21
04-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Hey Buckeyes (and surrounding states),

We're desperately trying to pull together some people to go karting in Columbus on May 1 (sunday). Word has it that this is pretty awesome to do, with speeds topping at almost 40MPH! :bounce: We're coming up just a little short, so i thought i'd pop the news in this forum as well!

We're needing at least 12 to get the group discount ($55 per person) from this place, and so far, we've counted 8. I know there's more of us in this upper region, so lets pull it together! :D I'd love to finally put some faces to all these screennames!

For more details, check out the link here:

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=148195&posted=1#post148195

mojosvt
04-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Well, I will be the first to say that I am in :D. I really hope we can get this off the ground. I would really like for it to go through. Talk to all your friends, and lets get at least 12 people. Hope to hear from you all soon, Mike

Stavesacre21
04-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Glad to have you join mojo! :D Including you, we've roughly got about 10, so i don't think we should have too much of a problem finding another 2, rather it be more members, or people bringin family/friends!

For any other details on the people going or times/dates, check out the link to our Northern Region thread...it's a little more in depth!

:thumbsup:

mojosvt
04-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Stavesacre21, i was wondering if you had any suggestions about where to eat, I have been emailing people, but have not recieved any replies

mojosvt
04-13-2005, 11:17 AM
Just to give you guys a little update. I still have the 1st reserved, and have not heard about that sat yet. So for now, lets just assume that the official date will be sunday the 1st. In terms of $$$$, If we get 12 for sure, I will flip the $330 bill to set the date in stone, and then we can even up once we are there. That way we don't have to deal with sending money all over the place. Now for directions, I tried to cut and paste their direction page, but the computer wouldn't let me. So here is the actual web page that you can go look at, give you an idea of what we are going to do. It is www.speeds.cc (http://www.speeds.cc/) From the emails that we have been sending around, it looks like we have 9 people for sure, and the list of possible people was 4-5. We are so close, as friends, ask family, whatever it takes to get 12 for sure. We still have over a week to get numbers, the sooner we get 12 for sure, the sooner I can lock in the date. Hope to hear from you all soon.

Mike

P.S. this is the same post that I just put up over in the Northern secion, I just thought more viewing = more people

Stavesacre21
04-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Yea, haven't been hearing too much about the eating, but I thought that maybe a place like Outback, Texas Roadhouse, or maybe even like, Applebees. I've never been to one of these meetings before, so I don't know if everyone's usually wanting a sit-down place like that, or maybe fastfood? I know the 3 places above always seem to work out any other time i'm in a group! I have a feeling that not many are gonna speak out about restraunts, so looks like we'll just have to name a place and lead the flock :baby: :thumbsup:

I honestly think that we should be able to hit the 12 mark, because if even 2 people bring someone (wife, kids, friend), we're gonna already hit the mark. I know that in theory it's one thing to say, but then again slapping down $330 is another. If we hang tight, i think that soon we're gonna have it etched in stone :thumbsup: I know it's getting me pretty psyched! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

and just like you, I posted this same post in the North Central forum as well for more views!

dewone
04-21-2005, 04:00 PM
At what time is everyone to show up at Speeds.

mojosvt
04-22-2005, 07:55 AM
I was thinking, since we are doing this on a sunday, and most people have to drive home for work on monday, we should do lunch around 11:30, because we have to be at speed around 1. I will check with speeds today about the time, just to make sure.

Stavesacre21
04-22-2005, 10:23 AM
I second that :thumbsup:

lunch might work out a lil better then dinner on a sunday :D

mojosvt
04-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Well, here is the deal. Since we don't have a definate number, I talked with the manager at speeds, and he said no problem. Just gather as many as possible, and we can work something out when we get up there. He said, most likely, if we get there around 1 on sunday, we could have the place to ourselves anyways. So this weekend, I plan on driving out there, finding a place for us to meet and eat, and then getting some easy to follow directions to post so nobody gets lost. WE are so close, gather as many as you can, and lets get this first buckeye meet together. Talk to you all soon, Mike

psycho43142
04-22-2005, 04:18 PM
New buckeye member here and I plan attending.

Chris

Stavesacre21
04-22-2005, 06:44 PM
welcome to the club psycho! glad to see your so ready to jump into the swing of things! :thumbsup:

As for the meet....looks like we're just about etched in stone now! :D Pretty pumped to meet all my cobra brothers at our first buckeye meet! :cool:

cobrabitn
04-22-2005, 11:01 PM
We also have another new Buckeye member, John Pieper. He lives in Canton, OH. He likes track events so maybe he'll want to go karting?

I will send him a link to this thread...

BTW, welcome to the club Chris! :thumbsup:

mojosvt
04-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Well, here is the long awaited information. I drove out to Speeds yesterday, and i went inside to look around. Damn, this is going to be a fricken blast, i am totally pumped now.Now, for the good stuff, final plans!
In terms of directions, If you are coming from the north, south, or the west, the directions are all the same. You will take 71 north or south untill you hit I-70 east, and if you are coming from the west, just hop on I-70 east. you will stay on 70 until exit 103B reading "Bexley/Main st." This exit ramp kind of loops around, and dumps you out, and all you can do is go right onto Alum creek. And then less then a mile down the road, you will take a right onto E Main st. You will just drive down this road (where are the places to eat are right on E Main), and then speeds is a few miles down the road on the right hand side, can't miss it.
Now for anybody who would be coming in from the east side of the buckeye state, your route is a little different. while on 70 west, you will get off at exit 107 OH-317 Hamilton Rd to whitehall. Like right away, you will have to bear right where it says "Whitehall". Then right away again, you will turn right on OH-317, which is S Hamilton Rd, and go north for just over a mile. This will bring you up to US-40, E Main st, You will take a left on E main st and you will be coming in from the other way.
Finally, in terms of places to eat. There are a few places right on E Main st, that I though would be good places to stop. There is a skyline chill, which would be my choice, big parking lot, and quick service, and usually plenty of seating. There is also a pizza hut, and a donato's pizza place. There are a few other smaller mom and pop type places, but there is almost no parking at any of those. I guess just let me know what you guys think. For those of you who are coming from the north, south, or west, you will drive right by all the resturants. For those of you who are coming from the east, you actually will drive past speeds, and continue down E Main, until you get to the places. Hope this works out for all of you. I will always have my cell phone on my, so contact me with any questions, 614 205 2649.

cobrabitn
04-25-2005, 09:30 PM
Wish I could be there with you guys but if you don't mind how about getting black flagged for me. :) Oh yeah, and I need at least one reckless lap around the track, too! :thumbsup:

psycho43142
04-25-2005, 09:49 PM
It Shouldn't be a problem, drag racers aren't known for their ability to turn.:thumbsup:

mojosvt
04-29-2005, 08:03 AM
Well, I thought i would throw up one last post for those of you who don't have computer access on the weekend. Looks like all is ready to go, and as of last count, i think the number was like 6 or 7, which i believe is a great starting point for many more buckeye events. Like I said before, I will be showing up at Skyline around 11. If anybody has any questions, or gets lost or something, please call me at 614 205 2649. Can't wait to meet you all.

p.s. i just checked the weather, and it is not suppose to rain (I hope), but might be a little chilly for top down riding:cool:

mojosvt
05-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Well, I will be the first to post something, considering most of ya'll have a little drive home. THe first SCMC Buckeye event was a blast! We had NINE cobra's show up for lunch at Skyline. It was a beautiful (chilly) day, and we had our own littel car show. It was great. After a quick lunch, eight of us made it over to speed indoor carting. It was a great time. A little rubber was traded, but nobody's spirits were hurt. Looking at the times, we all improved over the three races. But when it was all said and done, you guessed it, I came out with the best time, even though it was 90% the kart. Just joking, it was a great event, and I can promise you there will be more buckeye events in the future. You never know, someday the southern folk will make there way up north for a little cobra fun.

cobrabitn
05-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Mike,

I am glad you all had a good time. Karting is always a blast! I'm not surprised that you did well on the track, you've had some practice in a real snake on the autocross! ;)

Stavesacre21
05-02-2005, 05:29 AM
I couldn't have been more blown away by the turnout of the event, and we really did have a great time, and made alot of new friends! :thumbsup: Topping out with 9 cobras, the event was already more of a turnout then we anticipated! It really is a pretty exhilerating to be rolling down the road as part of an exclusive line :eek: :D We also discussed doing more stuff in the future, and it's really exciting to see things taking off! Amoung the things discussed we talked about possibly running kentucky speedway, as well as caravaning down to Dragonrun! :bounce: This was just the boost that our region neededl, and its exciting to see what's gonna be next!! :thumbsup:

Very shortly i'm gonna be posting the slips from our karting, along with some awesome pics that we had taken infront of speeds.

Tony...i'm not sure if you'd mind hosting some of the pics, or if you just want me to use my own webspace to do so...there's prolly gonna be quite a few :D just let me know!

cobrabitn
05-02-2005, 06:08 AM
I'm not one for saying it but............ I told you so. :D You all could have been doing this all along, all you needed was a push to get started. :thumbsup:

dewone
05-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Indeed we all had a great time. The karting was so much fun. It was great to meet the other members, and gauk at their cobras.
The first race every one went around the track giving space to one anouther. The second race folks were getting more aggresive.
By the third race, everyone had grown these little horns in the backs of their heads, it was on. Swapping paint, cuttin each other off. oohhh what fun.
Can't wait to see ya'll again.
Again thank you to Michael for making the calls and getting this set up.
PS. Michael was the only one to bring his own helmet. With the best track times. I think we were snookerd.

Stavesacre21
05-02-2005, 10:29 AM
PS. Michael was the only one to bring his own helmet. With the best track times. I think we were snookerd.
I concur :p

say dewone....what was up with that dude coming up out of the blue trying to sell a car? That had to be one of the funniest things i've seen in awhile :doubt: :rotf:

dewone
05-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Yea a Roush cobra. Some how he didn't go get it to show us.
Just hey fella ya want a buy watch.

mojosvt
05-02-2005, 04:27 PM
I was wondering what the guy wanted when he drove up. That is strange.Oh, and the helmet thing, I had never been karting before. Just happened to have my helmet in my car:D

psycho43142
05-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Oh, and the helmet thing, I had never been karting before. Just happened to have my helmet in my car:D
Yeah right likely story.:thumbsup:

Wldnswt
05-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Wow! What a great turn out. We all had a lot of fun, and yes I think Mike set us up;) He seemed to be making us all look bad on the track:D And I agree that the first race everyone was just feeling it out but by the third race it was on:bounce:
Thanks to Mike for all his efforts to get this off the ground, and what a great group of guys! Oh' and what a great group of cars!!!
Hope to see all of you again soon,

Jeff

cobrabitn
05-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Sounds like y'all had a lot of fun! Just glad no one got blacked flagged....I usually do. :D

Stavesacre21
05-03-2005, 12:16 AM
Alright people......got the timesheets up.....

I hate this server cause it's SOOO friggin slow....but here ya go!

http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/stupidvideosindeed/speedsheets (http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/stupidvideosindeed/speedsheets)

pics from the event are soon to come....

dewone
05-03-2005, 08:55 AM
Black flag. Shoot one of the attendents (thats suppose to be watching us) jumped in a cart and was mixing it up with us. We were just having to much fun and he couldn't stand to just watch.:thumbsup:
MOJOSVT
Yea yea yea I just happened to have it.
I keep my motorcycle helmet with my motorcycle.
Whats up with that.
Snookerd

Stavesacre21
05-03-2005, 08:58 AM
hey now...what are you talkin bout....

I drive around daily with my motocycle helmet on...you never know when yur gonna be ejected from yur vert! :rolleyes: :rotf:

Stavesacre21
05-03-2005, 09:24 AM
Alrighty....and now the part that everyone's waitin for! Here's just a few pics from the meet....

http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/stupidvideosindeed/Cobrameet (http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/stupidvideosindeed/Cobrameet)

Once again, this server is pretty slow, but it works. The thumbnails show up as pretty small, but if you click on "view full size", you'll get the feel for it! :D :thumbsup:

Way to go buckeyes! :eek: :D

nckissfan
05-03-2005, 09:50 AM
cool pictures.

I hate Angelfire. You should try www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com) out. No freaking popups.

dewone
05-03-2005, 11:12 AM
Thanks Stavescare21 for the photos and results

Stavesacre21
05-03-2005, 11:25 AM
cool pictures.

I hate Angelfire. You should try www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com/) out. No freaking popups.
Yea, not a fan of angelfire myself, but i was just tryin to find a temporary space for the pics

I guess i could use my personal album at webshots, come to think about it...alot better with pop-ups. I'll probably even add a few more pics from the meet as well when i move to that server

Yea, our chapter here in Ohio's only gonna be gettin stronger now! :D enjoy :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
05-03-2005, 10:52 PM
Those pics are really cool... now, if we just could put a name with a face starting from the left or with James Helton, it would help out. Also, I'm assuming Mike Monjot took the picture since I do not see him there??

I also think it is cute that James has his SCMC golf shirt on for the event! :thumbsup:

Would it be too much to ask if someone wrote an article for the newsletter? We can also see if Edmond can do thumbnails on the SCMC server? I know we have the room! Lastly, let's get a photo up on the front page of the website too.

:)

RF Cobra
05-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Once again, this server is pretty slow,

Gee, you weren't kidding! It slowed road runner down so bad even the coyote could catch him! Actually I think it was more the junk Angelfire was trying to sneak onto my computer while trying to browse the pictures. The amount of junk was so bad my firewall pretty much shut down all incomming traffic! At least I know it works. :) So, I'd be careful using their site.

I did get to see the first picture though. :D

Stavesacre21
05-04-2005, 01:59 AM
Actaully Tony, Mike is the 4th person from the left in that group picture :)

I was actually gonna put names with it, but to be honest, alot of the names slipped my mind, so I wasn't able to do so. James was in full SCMC apparell for the day...i was impressed myself :eek:

As for the article, i'd be happy to write up a little something for ya! For the first car meet i've attended, I was blown away that is was such a great time! :D

As for the pictures, that'd be great if we could get them on here, even though i'm gonna be sending all them to webshots here shortly, cause i know that angelfire is getting so rediculous that it's not funny...as stated by RFCobra

cobrabitn
05-04-2005, 07:59 AM
Andrew,

Zip the pics up and send them to me along with a write up about the event and we will put it up on the front page of the website. :thumbsup:

Tony

mojosvt
05-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Those pics are fricken sweet. Get goosebumps everytime is see a pack of sweet cobra's. I am really glad we took the time to line them up, I think they look perfect in front of that speeds sign. Thanks so much andy for posting the times and the pics. If you need any help with writing that newsletter up, just give me a shout, I think i would be great to see the buckeye state on the front of the SCMC webpage.

dewone
05-04-2005, 11:57 AM
To the best I reckon. Jim H, Chris, Sorry, Michael, Andy, Dave, Jeff, Sorry. well thats a stab after meeting ya'll once. Hey chime in if I'm wrong, and for the names that fail me for now.

mojosvt
05-04-2005, 12:37 PM
the sorry's are both Mike's, there were three mike's there

dewone
05-04-2005, 02:01 PM
2 Mikes, 2 Jims. Actually 3 Jims one didn't come race.
(from the timesheets)
At least we were in the order of our cars.
Can we say name tags for next event.

mojosvt
05-04-2005, 02:34 PM
One of the mike's actual first name is Jim. It is the mike that is standing next to me in the photo.

dewone
05-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Very good I was trying to remember.
Big OL Name Tags

cobrabitn
05-04-2005, 10:15 PM
That would be Jame Michael Redinger and the other Mike would be Mike Trinko. :)

SvilleCobra
05-05-2005, 10:37 PM
Yes...that would be me. Just trying to confuse all....My name is James Michael Redinger but I have always gone by my middle name to avoid confusion w/ my father who shares the same first name. Glad I was successful in making you talk about me....its when nobody notices you that it is a problem.

When are we all karting again? I want a piece of Mike ( you know who you are!) on the kart track.... bang me out of the way will ya?!

Looking forward to seeing you all again....I will post when the Summit Racing Mustang show is in the near future ( JULY I think ) so maybe we can all get together there and represent SCMC.

Also, I will be doing the Hot Rod Power Tour ( www.hotrod.com ) in June. I am hooking up w/ some other SCMC members and would love to add more.
Drop me an e-mail and I can set that up.

Till next event...use those Cobras as they were meant to be used!

dewone
05-06-2005, 08:43 AM
Glad to see you chimed in on all that. MOJO had it right though. And indeed we want a rematch. I'll even bring my helmet. Perhaps thats the key to the fast track times he got. You know his helmet fit correctlly and didn't have the hair net creeping over his eyes....... any excuse at this time sounds good to me just make some up for us. Rematch MOJO.:thumbsup:

psycho43142
05-11-2005, 10:39 PM
So when are we going to get together again?:bounce:

cobrabitn
05-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Y'all we have another buckeye member that joined this week. :bounce:

Also, where is our Buckeye write up? ;)

Stavesacre21
05-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Sorry guys, my incompetence and busy schedule has kept me from that write up....I have started on it, but just haven't been able to develop it too much yet.

It's on its way. As for another event, i'm up for suggestions. Let's hear some ideas on the matter! :bounce:

SvilleCobra
05-13-2005, 04:43 PM
Suggestion #1)

Summit Racing in Tallmadge, Oh ( just off I-76, east off Akron ) is hosting a BuckeyeStangs Mustang show on August 13th. I could look into who, what BuckeyeStangs is and get us involved if the show is open to other clubs. I would guess it is.

Suggestion #2)
Hot Rod Power Tour 2005. Already meeting a few non-Buckeye members on this tour. Anyone else up for it? Details at www.hotrod.com.

Suggestion #3)
Many cruise-ins weekly up here in northern Ohio....how about Columbus or Dayton or Cincy. Willing to meet anyone w/ enough notice and if enough of us are going to be there.

Stavesacre21
05-15-2005, 04:38 PM
Guys, i'm totally shooting a blank on something here. We had 9 Cobras show up, and of the 8 owners that went carting, I can't, for the life of me, think of the name of the final person. He was the guy that had to leave before carting. I believe his wife was with him, and he was driving the 99 or 01 Black vert...the only one with NOS i believe. He's also the guy that took our e-mail addys for future events. Any idea guys?

I'm putting the final touches on the write-up, but wanted to make sure i included everyone here. Let me know if any of you can help me out!

mojosvt
05-16-2005, 09:07 AM
i wrote you an e-mail, but in case that you don't check it, his name is Ernie Tuller.

Stavesacre21
05-16-2005, 09:14 AM
Awesome....yea, Ernie actaully wrote me an e-mail at almost the exact same time i sent that out. I finished the write-up and zipped it all up and sent it to Tony, so it's all in his hands to put up whenever he's set! :D

Thanx for the reply though! :thumbsup: