PDA

View Full Version : supercharger for 01

Cobra4me
04-12-2005, 02:20 AM
long link. Will this fit an 01 just curious. Is this good deal
Robbie K

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33741&item=7967128336&rd=1

sssvtcobra
04-12-2005, 05:47 AM
From my understanding you can make it work on an '01 but the cost is so high that it isn't worth it. You need alot of extra hardware to get it to work. Like wiring harness, injectors, vacuum lines, upgraded fuel pumps, etc, etc. I'm sure somebody with more knowledge on this will help out.

Stavesacre21
04-12-2005, 08:18 AM
sssvtcobra is defientetly right about the parts...for example:

(compliments of "NO 5 OH")

To swap everything over to an 03 setup would require a good list of parts... it's not cheap either. I'll give you most of what I believe you'll need but this isn't a full list. You'll need for the swap:

Eaton supercharger
Garrett A/W intercooler (sits below blower)
03 Cobra lower intake
42 lb injectors (39 psi Delta)
03 Cobra TB and plenum (or Accufab TB/Plenum)
03 Cobra inlet tube
03 Cobra idler bracket assembly (for supercharger drive)
03 Cobra front cover
03 Cobra "dummy" idler (sits in place of alternator on pre-03 cars)
03 Cobra alternator
03 Cobra lower "caged" crank pulley (or Metco lower/idler bracket)
Intercooler pump
Intercooler resevoir
All 03 Cobra intercooler hard lines, etc. for heat exchanger
03 Cobra heat exchanger (or aftermarket equivalent)
EGR tube/valve
Associated connectors/vaccum hoses for EGR functions (if you keep it)

I think that's most of the "major hard parts" you'd need... but not everything. As you can see it's a lot of parts and takes a good deal of work to complete the 03 set-up. It would probably be cheaper in the long run to just forge the bottom end of your motor and add a centrifical blower.

Big Daddy
04-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Kenny Bell has also come out with a blower that will fit the '01 but you have to change your hood. That would be easier and cheaper than trying to get an Eaton on your '01. BUT your best bet is to get a Vortech with the aftercooler and run 8 lbs of boost. You should be fine to run this kit with out doing anything else except what comes in the kit. Dave Stanfield has had this setup on his '99 for over 90,000 miles without any problems. :thumbsup: