PDA

View Full Version : ANTIVNM goes SVT

antivnm
04-12-2005, 11:59 AM
hey everyone,
i just thought i would jump on here and say that i finally got me a cobra.
--some of you might know me from some of the 411 auto-x events or the last two CMP events. i had the 99, pewter, Trans-am with the license plate reading "ANTIVNM". which used to hold true until these 03-04 cobras came along.
--well i broke my steering rack at the last CMP event on my second session out and i was on the trailer by mid day saturday. well i made my mistake by driving my buddies black 03 cobra during the parade laps. i already new i liked these cars but DA#$. For those who dont know me and my Trans-am, it had eveything suspension wise done that was available for a f-body, including true coil-overs on all four corners and four corner balanced to a front/back ratio of 49%/51% and a cross balance of an almost perfect 50/50.
---i swear i think a bone stock 03-04 cobra suspension is still better than all that.
-----So, if you cannot beat 'em join 'em------
i traded in my 99 trans-am AND my 02 WS-6(daily driver). and now am the proud owner of a 03 Sonic Blue, Cobra with 7,600 miles on it. and dynos to the ground 479hp/514tq. the previous owner ran a 7.20 in the 8th on E.T.'s. i doubt it will see times like that again. now its time for this snake to carve some corners.

new svt man,
ben

http://www.highperformancetoys.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1244&stc=1

Big Daddy
04-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Welcome to the light side! Now all you have to do is join the club and starting coming to MORE of our events! :D :thumbsup:

johnbasf
04-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Congrats Ben. It's a shame because I really liked your TA. Good Luck.

Red Wedge
04-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Consider yourself bitten.:thumbsup: Congrats on your new ride even though your other 2 sounded like they were pretty stout themselves. Your times sound dead on with a few others I've seen. One of our guys dynos at 449hp to the rears and has run a 7.75 on bald nittos on a chilly 50 degree day. A 7.2 8th time roughly translates into a 11.2 quarter mile time. (rough numbers mind you) That's pretty stout numbers all things considered. Congrats on your new car!!!

Stavesacre21
04-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Luke, I see that you have turned from the dark side :starwars:

You definetely wouldn't be the first to have done so! Those new 03-04 have drawn alot of people out of their biased crowds! Just outta curiosity, whats the new plate gonna read? :rolleyes: :eek: :rotf:

Welcome to the club bud! I know yur gonna love it! :D :thumbsup:

tazzracing1
04-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Welcome and that is a great looking Cobra. We would like to have you join the club and join in the events. Congrats on your purchase.:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
04-12-2005, 09:44 PM
A big congrats to you Ben! I hope you'll come to the 411 this weekend as it is calling for perfect weather! I really like that color a lot and I was going to get the same color except some little, really little blonde went out and bought one before I could. :rotf:

Congratulations again and let the games begin! :bounce:

johnbasf
04-12-2005, 10:22 PM
I think Ben needs to join the club. :thumbsup:

Hazman
04-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Hey Ben

I really love the new car. That blue is killer. So are you coming to 411 Sat??? Have you sent in your club membership yet?? And last but not least are you going to come up to Gingerman with us this fall?? It would give you a great opportunity to show a certain black Cobra your tail lights!!! :eek: :thumbsup: :bounce:

InfamousSVT
04-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Hello Ben! Welcome to the Cobra.....here you will find instantly enjoyment!:D

So join the club, become part of the family and enjoy the events with us as you have before, but this time we'll treat you a little better since you're driving one of ours!:thumbsup:

antivnm
04-13-2005, 12:31 AM
thanks for the welcome.
i went to the online store and signed up for a membership, i guess more information will follow. like how to get into the members only area.
--hazeman, i cannot make it to the 411 auto-x on saturdays anymore. i am working at Grayson selling cars, trucks, suv's, etc. so if anyone here is in need i would be glad to help out. anyways, if you have any events on a friday or sunday i will be there.
--also, if i could get some info on how to change my user name, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks again,
ben

InfamousSVT
04-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Talk with Edmond (Firme). Send him a PM or email and he can get you set-up with everything you need!:thumbsup:

tnturbo
04-13-2005, 01:11 AM
If that is Tony's old car, several club members have already seen it. He ran it at the drag day in Jackson

antivnm
04-13-2005, 01:29 AM
yes it is tony's old car

ausie
04-13-2005, 08:01 AM
Congrats on the upgrade! I probably would have kept the pewter trans-AM for nestalgic reasons since they do not make it any more. At least that way you would have the best of both worlds in the pony car line up. I see nothing wrong with being an owner of both. At times I whished I kept my 01 Cobra, but there is no comparison to the 04 Cobra. :thumbsup:

Yeller'
04-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the light. :D

1BadBite
04-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Welcome Ben! Glad to have ya in the snake pit! Drive on over to N.C. and we'll grill some tires and steaks! :thumbsup:
Kelly

SVTMADMAN
04-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Its my fault hes here I told him not to drive the Black Snake, J/K :thumbsup: Welcome.

realboss03SVT
05-25-2005, 11:17 PM
Great choose :thumbsup: I have the same car :D