PDA

View Full Version : Fun Ford Weekend April 29, 30 & May 1, 2005!!

Firme
04-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Who is going to Fun Ford this year?

We usually have alot of people in the car show, and those that also run their car.

Fun Ford Details (http://www.funfordevents.com/index.php?src=directory&view=2005_Schedule&srctype=display&back=2005_Schedule&id=3&view=2005_Schedule&category=event&pos=0,20,14)

Sat:
Keith
Stan
snakebite

Sun:
John & Barb
Ken
Mike...possibly

BOTH:
CC
Steve
Kim
Phil
Darrell
Sherri
Aaron
Chuck

ZincYellowCobra
04-12-2005, 01:43 PM
I'll be there, spectating :)

93KingCobra
04-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Do you think that they will except a 97 Nissan truck for the car show... :rotf:

I'm in for everything else just like every other year...

kencobra
04-12-2005, 01:54 PM
I will be there on Saturday for sure. I have my company picnic to attend on the 30th :( .

msmap
04-12-2005, 02:45 PM
:cool:

LadyCobra01'
04-12-2005, 03:28 PM
I will be there again this year!! No car show for me, True Street Racing!!! :bounce:

Kim

97CasperCobra
04-12-2005, 05:03 PM
probaly won't make it as the pools open up that weekend. :( Haven't been in soooo long.

93KingCobra
04-12-2005, 06:19 PM
probaly won't make it as the pools open up that weekend. :( Haven't been in soooo long.

Be a man and be the boss and tell someone to do it... :D

John Chingasos
04-12-2005, 06:21 PM
I will be there all weekend long

Maybe showing the cobra or the mach 1 of the days

John Chingasos
04-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Anybody want help me zaino the car?

LadyCobra01'
04-12-2005, 07:41 PM

(chirping crikets!).... :D I need mine done also! :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
04-12-2005, 07:59 PM

I might be abel to help now that we don't have to do mine also... :D

97CasperCobra
04-12-2005, 08:07 PM
I might be abel to help now that we don't have to do mine also... :D

you can do mine and take it down there if ya want. ;)

93KingCobra
04-12-2005, 08:11 PM
you can do mine and take it down there if ya want. ;)

Your better at cleaning your own car ;)

But if you want to do it and let me drive it down there I'll enter it in the show for ya.. :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
04-12-2005, 08:14 PM
But if you want to do it and let me drive it down there I'll enter it in the show for ya.. :thumbsup:

doubt I'll have time to clean it....maybe next weekend I can detail it up all nice-like. :thumbsup:

cobrapace94
04-12-2005, 09:03 PM
I'll be there both days for the good parking spot (show) & gonna run True street.

spitfire
04-12-2005, 09:24 PM
I'll be there both days for the good parking spot (show) & gonna run True street.I want to go! Any info? If I am Home I am inn! :thumbsup:

JBoden
04-12-2005, 10:13 PM
We'll be there (spectating only :( ) the drag mobile is less a manifold - see everyone on Saturday :eek:

cobltng
04-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Barb & I will be there for the Sunday Car show. ;)

AirForce1
04-13-2005, 05:33 PM
im i all three days.:thumbsup:

ORANGE CRUSH
04-13-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm going to be there.

spitfire
04-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Are going as a group, and do we have an area for our club? Hope to go for both days. :thumbsup:

kencobra
04-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Company picnic on Saturday so I will be going on Sunday. Hope my car is out of the shop by then.

Evilcartman
04-25-2005, 07:08 PM
What day you guys going? I want to go. Todd?

snakebite
04-25-2005, 08:37 PM
Ill be there Sat

Topless In Tex
04-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Me and Steve (WhiteSnake) are planning on being there on both days, in the car show, unless it rains.. ;)
:banana:TNT:banana:

LadyCobra01'
04-27-2005, 12:02 PM
It looks like I am just showing this year again...clutch problems...I don't want to spend $85 to do True Street and to have my clutch go out in the middle of it!! :mad:

Kimmy

AirForce1
04-27-2005, 01:39 PM
It looks like I am just showing this year again...clutch problems...I don't want to spend $85 to do True Street and to have my clutch go out in the middle of it!! :mad:

Kimmy
I am in the same boat cant drag with my cluch about to go so I will just show.

Evilcartman
04-27-2005, 02:44 PM

Your clutch is about to give?

97CasperCobra
04-27-2005, 03:02 PM

when did ya go to the track??? Times??? :dunno:

LadyCobra01'
04-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Your clutch is about to give?

I was thinking the same thing?! Quit riding the clutch...lol j/k :D

99CobraCrazy
04-27-2005, 07:49 PM
Are we doing any type of cruising? Are we going as a group? And who is going to be in the car show?

Evilcartman
04-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Are we doing any type of cruising? Are we going as a group? And who is going to be in the car show?

I think we should. Who is going saturday and were are we meeting up to cruise out to baytown?

Topless In Tex
04-27-2005, 11:44 PM
I am going to meet Steve on 146 somewhere there by Laporte. I told Kim that she could meet us too. Ya'll are more then welcome to meet up with us, but I dont know if it way out of ya'lls way, to come down south, then head back up to Baytown? We have not got a meeting time set as of today. If any of ya'll others live down this way, meet up with us. :cool:

97CasperCobra
04-27-2005, 11:48 PM
I'm O-U-T.

Haven't been to a FFW in about 4 years.....:(.....damn work AGAIN. :mad:

Levi
04-28-2005, 10:54 AM
I think we should. Who is going saturday and were are we meeting up to cruise out to baytown?

I was thinking of going on sat. I will not be taking my car.

Firme
04-28-2005, 11:05 AM
Where does everyone want to meet to cruise there?

Evilcartman
04-28-2005, 11:25 AM
I'm not taking my car either. How about we meet somewhere off 290? At least for the all the NW peps. :cool:

John Chingasos
04-28-2005, 12:13 PM
Whats Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

97CasperCobra
04-28-2005, 02:25 PM
May take off work on Sunday...maybe I'll head down there. It's nice to make your own schedule. :D

I made a rough list of who's going when.....let me know if it's accurate. :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
04-28-2005, 02:37 PM
FAVOR REQUEST:

can someone check out suspension deals...mostly shocks/springs combo...either the Bullitt or Mach 1 combo. I may be purchasing something on Sunday, but want to know if I should bring a sweaty wad of cash. :thumbsup:

spitfire
04-28-2005, 10:44 PM
I am going Saturday morning, about 7:00am or 8:00am because I going to put my car in the car show both days. Just finished my underhood mirror, and man does it look great! My wife just made a vinyl carry bag for it, WOHOOO! I will post pics later, or come on out and see it live!
I live out Barker cypress and 290 area. Anyone leaving that early we can cruise, but I am looking for a trailer to haul my car, because my wife does not want to drive the truck out that far. I have four kids with me so I have to bring two vehicles. :thumbsup:

Mephisto
04-29-2005, 10:10 AM
It is my wife and daughter's birthday this weekend, so if I get out it would be definite dude points. I plan to ask my daughter if she would like to see cobra races for her birthday, but her mom will be pissed. SO maybe Sunday.

03 cobra toy
04-29-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm in for Sat. with my kids....No car :thumbsup:

Levi
04-29-2005, 11:06 AM
I think this is ffw sched for sat.

Saturday Schedule
================
7 AM - Gates open
9 - 11 AM Time trials
2 PM End car show judging
2 PM True street cruise
3:30 PM True Street Eliminations
4 PM Car show awards

Twice Bitten
04-29-2005, 11:19 AM
out! :(

Codes
04-29-2005, 01:38 PM
I am going to meet Steve on 146 somewhere there by Laporte. I told Kim that she could meet us too. Ya'll are more then welcome to meet up with us, but I dont know if it way out of ya'lls way, to come down south, then head back up to Baytown? We have not got a meeting time set as of today. If any of ya'll others live down this way, meet up with us. :cool:
Where and what time are you guys going to meet? We are in for saturday but I think we arent going to bring any cars to show or drag. Next year we will be more involved, this just kind of crept up on us. Do we know where the club is going to be in the show?

AirForce1
04-29-2005, 09:00 PM
sorry guys but I cant make it tomarrow.:( I had a problem with the new throttle body. When I was putting it on the computer componet on the side of the throttle body broke. So it is at the dealer. hopefully I will have it back in time for sunday or I will be there with no cobra.:(

Topless In Tex
04-30-2005, 12:25 AM
Where and what time are you guys going to meet? We are in for saturday but I think we arent going to bring any cars to show or drag. Next year we will be more involved, this just kind of crept up on us. Do we know where the club is going to be in the show?

I am meeting Steve at the Pawn Shop off of 146 and Fairmont, I believe. It is either Fairmont, or Spencer, but you cant miss it there to your right. We are meeting at 8:30. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome to. I am about to go back out and clean a little more. Got rained on this week, and got home late tonight. its filthy. :(
If you are interested in meeting us, let me know, so we will expect you.
cya tomorrow.

Evilcartman
04-30-2005, 01:18 PM
Did anyone go? We didn't. I'm stuck at home sick.

Levi
04-30-2005, 02:00 PM
Did anyone go? We didn't. I'm stuck at home sick.

I really wanted to go, this weather has got my head all stopped up. I am still at home with a headache and/or it's the tail end of a head cold I got last week.:mad: All I know is it sucks. I have not seen anyone for like two weeks and I miss all you peeps.:cool:

Topless In Tex
04-30-2005, 11:32 PM
Hey yall...
well , were back from FFW.. I must admit, this was very bittersweet for me. I loved so much being there. But, This is the FIRST time since 1998, I left emptyhanded, much less, I would usually get something on both days of every weekend.. I know how bad my Stang looks now, but, I guess I was thinking maybe there was still some hope. Guess its just finally coming to a realazation, that my Stang had DEFINETLY seen her better days. And, unless I win the lottery, this is as good as it gets. I never thought I would be upset about it, but, I feel like I have suffered a death. Not much more I can say about it. I just home from Steve's. Drownded my sorrows in a couple of his margaritas. :(

CONGRADULATIONS TO STEVE AND DARRELL AND CHUCK!!!!! You guys deserve it so much! I am sooooo happy for ya'll! ;) Just made me SO PROUD to hear ya'lls names called! And, Darrell ran True Street, so he was not there for the awards. D, how did you do in TS????

I must admit, I saw ALOT OF NEW STANGS there today, and I dont mean 'new' by year, but Stangs I have not seen before, and very very nice ones! Steve agreed, it was way different then what we have seen in the past. I took a bunch of pics,. There was an AWESOME Sallen. OMG...this would be my Best of Show, Steve agreed. I will burn the rest of the film tomorrow, and post them as soon as I get them.

I had a good time w/ Kim too. Mallery, her daughter was a hoot. she hung out in the Cobra all day, listening to the radio. lol I allready paid to show 2 days, so Steve and I will be heading up that way about 8am. We are meeting again, at the Pawn Shop on 146 at 8am, if anyone wants to meet us up there. I know I will make an ass of myself putting my Rustang in the show again, but, like I said, I allready paid. Just real sad for me. I am at a loss for words how I feel. You have no idea. And, people prolly look at my car and think that I dont realize all the things that need to be fixed and replaced, but I do. Thats what hurts the most.. I just cant do it now. :(

So, we will see ya'll tomorrow! BTW, dress WARM. I thought it was gonna be 80* and sunny. I wore shorts and a little top, and froze my ass off all day long. It was REALLY windy too!
see ya tomorrow!

Evilcartman
05-01-2005, 01:07 AM
I really wanted to go, this weather has got my head all stopped up. I am still at home with a headache and/or it's the tail end of a head cold I got last week.:mad: All I know is it sucks. I have not seen anyone for like two weeks and I miss all you peeps.:cool:

Me to man. I went to the doctor at 9am today and she has me all drugged up and the only thing it is doing is giving me a headache along with all the sinus, throat, dizzy and etc. problems. This is the second year in a row I missed. :mad:

Codes
05-01-2005, 03:11 AM
I am meeting Steve at the Pawn Shop off of 146 and Fairmont, I believe. It is either Fairmont, or Spencer, but you cant miss it there to your right. We are meeting at 8:30. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome to. I am about to go back out and clean a little more. Got rained on this week, and got home late tonight. its filthy. :(
If you are interested in meeting us, let me know, so we will expect you.
cya tomorrow.
Sorry I didnt respond, I got home from work at almost 1 (am) and I didnt get up till ten...by then it was obviously to late to meet yous guys. Had a great time today, next year we are going to be more involved in the show and in the racing. Should be a blast.

Blownsvtlightning
05-01-2005, 08:40 PM
this thread had 666 views, so I had to change that #. Oh, and I did not go, I had other priorities... getting my pressure washer ready for this season :)