PDA

View Full Version : SCMC Tiki Island Meet 5/21/05

Mrs TwiceBitten
04-13-2005, 04:21 PM
OK...here are the particulars for the May 2005 SCMC Meet scheduled for 5/21/05 at the Frank place on Tiki Island, Texas (that's Galveston for you Yankees). The official "start time" will be 4 p.m., but feel free to come early and stay late. Come early enough and you can help make swans out of napkins.

This year we will boil crawfish along with corn and potatoes. There will also be shrimp, boudin, vegetables, dips, etc. We have had several offers for those with crawfish aversions such as grilled chicken, ribs, brisket, etc. There will be tea, lemonade, water, coffee, cokes and at least one keg of Coors Light or similar. Anyone requiring diet or non-alcoholic drinks should bring them. Feel free to bring your own cooler if you like other adult beverages. We will have the margarita machine fired up as well! The crawfish will be delicious, as we have a real live Coonass attending who we have to impress.

If anyone wants to bring anything, either post or email me at LRFrank@houston.rr.com. We will probably have a "bug bucket" and will take donations to offset the cost of the crawfish and fixin's. Suggestions for bringing things are appetizers, dips, chips, vegetable trays, or desserts. We always need ice, too.

Kids are welcome - mine are not likely to be there so I can RELAX. Please note: this is bayfront property with no lifeguards (except Mike!) so prepare to watch them closely. The mosquitos may or may not be out, but we will have Tiki torches, spray, candles, and will spray the perimeter. We also have sunscreen.

The "gamers" are planning to bring their XBOX or Playstations and projector. We will probably play LCR or poker at the table (especially the ladies!) so bring your dollar bills or change. I'll have a stash of dollar bills for LCR. There will be a music setup and maybe Jimmy will entertain us with his guitar :bounce: . Bring any CDs that you want. Karaoke? Ken and Jocelyn will delight us with their singing skills. It will be like American Idol, Tiki style. We can always vote them off. ;)

Smoking OK on the deck...if you are smoking in the house you'd better be on fire.

Beds - I've had about 20 people ask to stay the night. Anyone willing to do a sleeping bag on the floor is welcome, and I may need at least one extra air mattress. I called the Days Inn about 2 miles down the highway and their rate is $59.95 for a king room or $69.95 for 2 queens. 409-740-2491. There is a HoJo Express on Harborside (1st exit over big bridge) which is I think $70/night. Someone may prefer the privacy of their own room after a long night. We are definitely going to have air mattresses in each room at this point. We always encourage anyone partaking in adult beverages to plan to stay. It's not worth the risk of driving home late...there's plenty to do in Galveston and the gathering will continue the following morning with breakfast and fishing. Please bring pillows and a blanket if you plan to stay. Again, contact us if you may want to stay overnight, and we'll have a huge country breakfast in the morning.

Directions: From Houston take I-45 South toward Galveston. Take Exit 4, marked "Village of Tiki Island" and off of that exit watch for the Tiki Island entrance (marked by big sign) which is to the left of the Conoco. Turn left onto the island (that is Tiki drive), proceed over the channel bridge to the 3rd street on the right marked "Windward Way" but also has the "Jeanie Lynn Circle" sign below. Continue on Windward Way all the way to the end, Jeanie Lynn is the bayfront street and we are the first house on the left, a 2-story grey/green with a pelican mailbox. Address is 446 Jeanie Lynn Circle, Galveston, Tx, 77554. There is no house phone, so make a note of our cell phone numbers 713-829-7585 (Larry) and 713-829-3321 (Rachel). Parking in vacant lot to the left of our property, or on the street. Watch your speed down Tiki Dr., Tiki Island has it's own police force and they have low tolerance for speeders.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?e...ew=1&name=&qty= (http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=OX5s6ep_0TrSYyMmM_Bo_BiDPWI7fJaeO0_EJ3qFMg--&csz=77554&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=)

Fishing - you are more than welcome to fish...local guide Joey will be giving lessons on the lower deck (P.S. Joey I still have your rods from last year). We have a live bait well and will have some shrimp. Feel free to bring your favorite fishing pole. We'll help clean what you catch.

Sunset is at 8:07 p.m. and if there are no clouds you will have quite a show. Plan to relax, eat, visit, and have a good time! Questions, concerns or comments, email us at LRFrank@houston.rr.com.

The following people have responded or spoken to me so far...anyone NOT on this list planning to come, OR if I didn't include your spouse or guest, please let us know so we can get a good headcount for food.

JBoden (Jim & Jackie)
Firme (Edmond & Annie) -stay
97caspercobra (Mike & friend?)
Levi (Stan) - stay
Carl & Deb - hotel
03cobratoy (David & Tanya & boys)
ladycobra01 (Kim & Dwayne)
msmap (Sherri) - stay
03kingcobra (Phil & friend) - stay
Evilcartman (Keith & Angela) - stay
JohnChingasos (John & spouse) - stay
Jesse99 (Jesse & Hollie from DFW!!!) - stay
svt4rd (James) - sleeping in hammock in boat slip
bluelighttj (Steven)
Bartman01 (maybe???)
cobrapace94 (Darrell...spouse?)
AirForce1 (Aaron) - maybe???
Kencobra (Ken & Jocelyn) - stay
zincyellowcobra (Nancy) - stay
bluethunder (Joey & Kathy) - stay
Jimmysidecarr (Jimmy) - staying on 4'x6' square of carpet w/mosquito net
Richard Wylie and spouse
Mephisto (Henry) - stay
Orange Crush (Todd)
ToplessinTexas (Christine) - maybe
Pegasus (Leon) - maybe
Butcher (Jimmie + Friends) - Hotel

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/cntdn2Tiki.php?month=05&year=2005&day=21&hour=05&min=00&sec=00

Firme
04-13-2005, 04:26 PM
I would like to thank the Frank's for hosting the second annual SCMC Tiki Island meet. It was a blast last yaer, and will surely surpass it this year. Don't forget to bring a donations for the "bug bucket".

I can't wait. :bounce: :woot:

LadyCobra01'
04-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Sounds like a plan! I can't wait! :thumbsup:

Kim

Twice Bitten
04-13-2005, 05:27 PM
I AM OUT ;) . I am running for the hills :p Looks like a lot of work to me,AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :baby: :eek: :doubt:

Firme
04-13-2005, 05:38 PM
I AM OUT ;) . I am running for the hills :p Looks like a lot of work to me,AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :baby: :eek: :doubt:

COOL... unsupervised Party at the Franks :woot: :bounce: :woot: :spimpin:

... oh wait, get back here, we're putting to work :whipit:

:jk:

Jesse99
04-13-2005, 06:21 PM
We will definitely be there.. Can't wait to see everyone.. It's been so long.. :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
04-13-2005, 08:40 PM
I will go ahead and say it..I will be staying the night B/C there will be plenty of King Cobra beer to drink. :D Not really just but there will be alot of Bud Light for everyone.

I can't wait :thumbsup: :bounce: :thumbsup: :bounce:

P.S. I will bring the Sausage Cheese Balls like I brought last year..+ Beer

Carl G
04-13-2005, 09:04 PM
Deb and I are in for sure. Will probably bring the boat for some early Sunday Morning fishing. Will get a room at the Hotel. :D I will grill some ribs and brisket for those who dont want bugs and coors light. Sure had a fun time last year and look forward to this . Thanks again to the Franks for the time for all of us to spend time together. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JBoden
04-13-2005, 09:58 PM
We wouldn't miss this for the world :bounce: Although LCR nearly cleaned me out last time - We're ready.

Thanks Franks' You're Amazing :D

ZincYellowCobra
04-13-2005, 09:59 PM
I'll bring some chips, dips, veggies and a dessert... along with a donation for the bug bucket -- or margarita machine! :) Hehe. I think I am going to need a place to crash b/c I plan on drinkin' this year! :)

Levi
04-13-2005, 10:59 PM
I would like to thank the Frank's for hosting the second annual SCMC Tiki Island meet. It was a blast last yaer, and will surely surpass it this year. Don't forget to bring a donations for the "bug bucket".

I can't wait. :bounce: :woot:

I second that. :thumbsup:

I have a sleeping bag and will travel; a little place on the floor is all I need. Hey I got it, could just chill in that FrankinExcursion for the night with sounds and video. oh my.:D

93KingCobra
04-13-2005, 11:00 PM
I'll bring some chips, dips, veggies and a dessert... along with a donation for the bug bucket -- or margarita machine! :) Hehe. I think I am going to need a place to crash b/c I plan on drinkin' this year! :)

Woohooooooo lets party :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ZincYellowCobra
04-14-2005, 12:28 AM
Woohooooooo lets party :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Me no drinkie king cobra beers. That was jusy N-A-S-T-Y. Just gimme some tequila (ta-kill-ya).

http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com//imgs/_04/0724_tiki/images/SCC_July_Meet-0024_jpg.jpg

97CasperCobra
04-14-2005, 01:54 AM
I'll definately be there!!! Maybe I should ask off for Sat & Sun so I can stay the night and really get some partying done. Will know about that this weekend...gotta run it by the boss-man.

Let's just keep all :barf: OVER the balcony or IN the trash can and not on people's clothing or belongings. :thumbsup:

kencobra
04-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Jocelyn and I will be there for sure and since I will have 1 or 200 beers we will either grab some ground or get a hotel. We will add to the donation bucket and bring whatever else is needed. Larry and Rachel just let us know if there is anything that we can bring or do to help out. If there is anyone who likes karaoke then Jocelyn can bring her machine. If no one speaks up then I won't mention it to her cuz I SUCK at it. I have to have alot of adult beverages first, then I can sing some great AC/DC ;)
Does :barf: make good chum for fishing ?

97CasperCobra
04-14-2005, 03:41 PM
I have to have alot of adult beverages first, then I can sing some great AC/DC ;)

You and me both buddy. :headbang: :headbang:

Does :barf: make good chum for fishing ?

:lol: :rotf:

Codes
04-14-2005, 04:53 PM
I think me and the rentals will be there. I had a great time last time I was at Tiki Island (my first outing with the club). Dont think we will stay the night though, my parents will probably leave before I do though. We are really looking forward to it. Oh, and I can bring another X-Box and some games and probably hunt down a lan if we want to have some lan fun. I could also bring a DC, Genesis, or SNES if someone wants some old school fun. We can bring some chips and dip and other assorted snacks. I know I am not huge on Bugs, but just about anything else I am ok with. Really looking forward to this.

Mrs TwiceBitten
04-14-2005, 04:54 PM
<------ **can channel Patsy Cline through a karaoke machine**

That might be FUN Ken! If it's not too much trouble...please do bring it. Hehehe.

Richard, you and the wife have been added to the list!

Mrs TwiceBitten
04-14-2005, 04:58 PM
I think me and the rentals will be there. I had a great time last time I was at Tiki Island (my first outing with the club). Dont think we will stay the night though, my parents will probably leave before I do though. We are really looking forward to it. Oh, and I can bring another X-Box and some games and probably hunt down a lan if we want to have some lan fun. I could also bring a DC, Genesis, or SNES if someone wants some old school fun. We can bring some chips and dip and other assorted snacks. I know I am not huge on Bugs, but just about anything else I am ok with. Really looking forward to this.
Great Cody! I was waiting to hear from you!!! Bring whatever you want...um, what's a lan? I have a lanDON? ;) Let me know if you need special setup for anything. We will arrange for alternate food...see Carl's post about ribs/brisket. I can marinate some chicken for the grill as well.

Firme
04-14-2005, 05:13 PM
I can always make the BBQ chicken legs as an alternate(or breast depending on what is available) if anyone wants, but I am sure yall are sick of having those at SCMC barbeque's :D

(Rachel, Lan is for networking the xbox's so they can be played together. Codey, get with Keith, he is the xbox master of ceremonies :D )

Twice Bitten
04-14-2005, 06:07 PM
It is a Bay House, all you need is a rod and reel :p

Levi
04-14-2005, 06:15 PM
It is a Bay House, all you need is a rod and reel :p

You got that right. :thumbsup: Eating mud bugs and fishing for reds, life just cant get any better then this, well maybe if I can also get a 07 Shelby GT500. :D

93KingCobra
04-14-2005, 08:06 PM
You got that right. :thumbsup: Eating mud bugs and fishing for reds, life just cant get any better then this, well maybe if I can also get a 07 Shelby GT500. :D

Ditto... :thumbsup:

msmap
04-15-2005, 01:11 AM
Oh yea, I am in :bounce:

Flying solo, as usual, Hubbs will be back in the USSR :(

Would like to stay so I can hit up the margarita machine :thumbsup:

Andy M
04-15-2005, 09:51 AM
Larry/Rachel, et al,

I am sorry to report I will not be in attendance. I will be in Chicago that weekend for a 3 day SVTOA track event at Autobahn (a brand new track just south of Chicago). Myself, Joe Johnson, Jason Morman (R owner from Laporte) and Jorge Guerrero (R owner from San Antonio) are making the trip. As well, there will be another 15-20 more Cobra R's (mostly 95 and 2000 models) there from various parts of the country. We are expecting somewhere around 75+ cars there for this event; so it should be fun. I am contemplating entering in the AV8SS race that weekend. I will keep you all posted if I do this.

I am certain you will all have a great time! I will be thinking of you while I navigate the new track. Of course, as you know, I never pass up an opportunity (whenever possible) to take the R to a new track. :bounce:

Ya'll have fun and stay safe!!! :thumbsup: :D

Bartman01
04-15-2005, 03:46 PM
The family finally picked a date for the baby shower we are hosting - and they chose the 21st :(. Have to see what the plans are, but it doesnt look good.

Firme
04-15-2005, 05:11 PM
The family finally picked a date for the baby shower we are hosting - and they chose the 21st :(. Have to see what the plans are, but it doesnt look good.

WHAT!!! :eek: did I miss something? (or am I baby shower :retard:'ed and you're hosting it for someone else who is expecting)

Mephisto
04-15-2005, 05:24 PM
Believe it or not, I may be in for this event. Kelley and all kids may be at her parents house for a Baby shower for her sister. Popular day for showers I guess.
If I am in, I would likely crash anywhere available in a sleeping bag. I would be happy to bring anything needed and would contribute to the BUG BUCKET. I could bring the PSP as well.

Mrs TwiceBitten
04-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Andy...rats! but sounds like you will be having a blast anyhow! We'll raincheck ya!

Bart...we'll miss you too but know all about baby shower duty. Raincheck for you too.

Great, Henry...we have lots of floor space! Bring your bag! Anyone with twin or double air mattresses who wants to lend them...please do.

BEER FLAT NOTICE: If anyone buys cokes by the flat like at Sam's, PLEASE save the cardboard flat boxes that they come in. They are perfect for serving crawfish and are disposable. I have even been known to "sweep" Sam's for them before a party...they are usually pretty tolerant. We could use a bunch. Start stockpiling now. Thanks!!

Bartman01
04-16-2005, 01:50 PM
WHAT!!! :eek: did I miss something? (or am I baby shower :retard:'ed and you're hosting it for someone else who is expecting)

If we are HOSTING the shower, then we are not the recipients of said shower
:).

Need to triple check all the function dates for the next couple of months. Now it sounds like that ISN'T the weekend of the shower we are hosting, but one that is being hosted by someone else. If that is the case then *I* don't have to go, and will be free to head South. Keep me as a maybe for now.

cobrapace94
04-16-2005, 03:48 PM
I "should" be there, not sure of the wifey yet... Too early to tell with my work schedule,but I'll do my best to make it. I'll have to play it by ear on if I will need a place to crash, hope not the Cobra. :thumbsup:
Thanks Larry & Rachel, Ya'll are too good. :thumbsup: :)

bluethunder
04-16-2005, 06:25 PM
If we don't have a dyno day, i'll be there with the wife, If we do, We'll still be there. Can't wait to go fishing again.

Topless In Tex
04-19-2005, 01:35 AM
First time I've looked at this thread! :( Hell, that is just up the street from me, I might have to come too. :) I would offer to make my Margaritas, but if you'll allready have a machine.... :doubt: lol
BUT, I can make some bad ass stuffed jalepenos. And, some really good beans too. Just a thought. I have not checked the schedule yet to see if anythings up, but, I will and I think it might be fun. It would be good to see ya'll again. Ive been out of 'sync' lately....
:banana:TNT:banana:

Mrs TwiceBitten
04-19-2005, 10:46 AM
Great, Christine...do try to make it this year. I actually prefer ritas on the rocks...so I'll hold you to that if you make a good one! And we are all about jalapenos! We'd love to have you join us, especially since we will be in your back yard! :) There will be plenty of food and lots for everyone to do...and I'll bet you'd get a kick out of the "LCR" game. I know Kathy will be itching to play, and we can take all of Jim Boden's cash again. :jk:

I have contacted a few local seafood markets about crawfish...if ANYONE has somebody they have used before to order/deliver crawfish and that gave a good price for large/jumbo bugs, please email me.

LadyCobra01'
04-19-2005, 11:32 AM
I prefer margaritas on the rocks also! :thumbsup:

Kim

msmap
04-20-2005, 12:46 AM
Frozen with salt, please :)

kencobra
04-20-2005, 12:51 AM
and made with Cabo Wabo tequila :D

97CasperCobra
04-20-2005, 10:25 AM
and made with Cabo Wabo tequila :D

how bout some Petrone!! :thumbsup:

msmap
04-20-2005, 12:06 PM
Cuervo Gold 1800 :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
04-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Cuervo Gold 1800 :thumbsup:

Petrone > all else!!! :p

LadyCobra01'
04-20-2005, 01:31 PM
So r we doing shots!! :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
04-20-2005, 02:16 PM
So r we doing shots!! :thumbsup:

not if I'm driving home that night.... :(

LadyCobra01'
04-20-2005, 02:20 PM
not if I'm driving home that night.... :(

No that wouldn't be good! :(

Us girls have dibs on the King bed!! :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
04-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Us girls have dibs on the King bed!! :thumbsup:

I called it first... :p

....then again I don't mind sharing...:naughty:

LadyCobra01'
04-20-2005, 06:21 PM
Girls Only! :doubt:

msmap
04-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Yea, there is plenty of floor space for you guys :p

97CasperCobra
04-20-2005, 10:53 PM
Yea, there is plenty of floor space for you guys :p

says you.... :rolleyes: :p

ORANGE CRUSH
04-21-2005, 01:42 AM
Sounds like fun. If ya'll don't mind a real coonass at your crawfish boil?

I'm IN...

jimmysidecarr
04-21-2005, 02:15 AM
Sounds like fun. If ya'll don't mind a real coonass at your crawfish boil?

I'm IN...

DUDE!! If they are cool with a freaking New York(upstate) Yankee... like me plus I'm old and CRANKY!!!

You know..... they will be totally down with a GENUINE COONASS!!!...

One of the things I LOVE about living in Houston is ...I get to meet all these really cool people from all over the WORLD!!!

Let alone the good ole U. S. of A.

I would like to reserve a 6' X 4' section of mosquito free carpet..

(possible future "club cranky" member) Jimmy :thumbsup:

Mrs TwiceBitten
04-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Everyone please check the first post which has been updated! If your name is not on the list at the bottom, please let me know!

93KingCobra
04-21-2005, 02:47 PM
That sure is alot of people that are going to stay :eek:

97CasperCobra
04-21-2005, 03:41 PM
That sure is alot of people that are going to stay :eek:

:stupid: ....I'll bring my Sharpie markers for those who pass out first. :p :thumbsup:

msmap
04-21-2005, 06:42 PM
:stupid: ....I'll bring my Sharpie markers for those who pass out first. :p :thumbsup:

That would be too funny, wake up in the morning with a big black number on your........... :eek:

AirForce1
04-21-2005, 07:22 PM
i might stay it depends on what time i have to be at Ellington the next day. if it is later then i will stay :) but if it's in the morning (like they usualy are) i wount be able to.:(

LadyCobra01'
04-21-2005, 09:28 PM
That would be too funny, wake up in the morning with a big black number on your........... :eek:

:nope: not nice!

97CasperCobra
04-21-2005, 10:11 PM

or something else....I can think of a few pictures to put on the first ones forehead....and I'm pretty artistic ;)

jimmysidecarr
04-21-2005, 10:20 PM
:nope: not nice!

Yea ... no kidding ...
I wake up with any additions to my WORN OUT FACADE that I didn't put there myself .....
and someone is going to come up missing!!! :twitchy: :teleport: :spoke: :wildguy: :mad: ;)

No seriously it should be a real fun time this year...
Every one is very respectful... and yet fun at the same time...

How's that go again???

"Delightfully Tacky... yet Unrefined".... That's us!!!... or at least quite a few of us...
or.......maybe I should just speak for myself :rolleyes:

I do thoroughly enjoy a bit of sarcasm and it's dry humor effects on conversations...

I prefer to listen... most of the time ...

But after a few Shiners............ all bets are off! :bounce:

I'm looking forward to this event....

It will be one ......NOT TO MISS!!! (Motel expense or not!!!)

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Blownsvtlightning
04-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Everyone please check the first post which has been updated! If your name is not on the list at the bottom, please let me know!

just checked it... If I decide to stay overnight, I will just crash in the bed of my truck... :thumbsup:

John Chingasos
04-22-2005, 12:23 AM
Yes I would like to stay with my better half

Any sharpie mark on me and you will know why my last name is "chingasos" :D

Rachel: Do you want me to bring the Shrimp Cocktail? Fajitas? Anything

Evilcartman
04-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Sounds like space will be limited. We plan to bring out blow up mattress. All we need is some room indoors.

Twice Bitten
04-22-2005, 10:55 AM
We may need to call Guiness to see if this will be the largest sleepover :eek:

Mrs TwiceBitten
04-22-2005, 11:48 AM
Keith...that would be excellent if you have a mattress to bring. We will be sharing floorspace in the rooms.

John...if you can bring the shrimp cocktail, that would be great! It was a favorite last year...make a double batch! If you have an air mattress or access to one, that would also be superb as the beds are all spoken for.

Aaron...you are welcome to stay, be sure to bring a sleeping bag! We are close to Ellington so we can get you out the door early the next morning if we need to.

James...SURELY we can bed you down on a patch of carpet rather than the bed of your truck! We'll stick you behind the couch!

We wish that we could sleep everybody...we will be using floor space creatively! Anyone have a tent we can put on the deck!? :)

97CasperCobra
04-22-2005, 01:21 PM
more than likely I will NOT be staying the night...working that weekend and there is no way i can get out it as I'm training a class. I should be there before the sun goes down.....I hate that I won't be there for it all. :edmond:

We should make this more than once a year. ;)

LadyCobra01'
04-22-2005, 04:12 PM
4 more weeks!!! :thumbsup: Man Mike I hope they pay you well! I hope they appreciate your dedication to them! :thumbsup:

More than once a year! :thumbsup:

cobrapace94
04-22-2005, 05:57 PM
If I stay, I'll have to make sure I don't fall asleep 1st, ya'll are cold.
Larry did you get the video cameras installed yet??? :thumbsup: Could make for some intersting videos.

LadyCobra01'
04-22-2005, 06:22 PM
If I stay, I'll have to make sure I don't fall asleep 1st, ya'll are cold.
Larry did you get the video cameras installed yet??? :thumbsup: Could make for some intersting videos.

Ok Darryl! What kind of sleep over do u think this is? ;) How about Ready Whip instead of a sharpie! ;)

msmap
04-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Ok Darryl! What kind of sleep over do u think this is? ;) How about Ready Whip instead of a sharpie! ;)

mmmm, Ready Whip, mmmmm, yummy :p

more than likely I will NOT be staying the night...

Now we don't have to worry about the permanent Sharpie :D

Blownsvtlightning
04-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Sounds like space will be limited. We plan to bring out blow up mattress. All we need is some room indoors.

indoors? what are you a harelip wussy??? There is plenty of room in back the the truck with me bigboy :love:

97CasperCobra
04-22-2005, 10:39 PM
Now we don't have to worry about the permanent Sharpie :D

I can always "mark & go".... :p

Mrs TwiceBitten
04-22-2005, 11:49 PM
:rotf:We can just hang a hammock in the boat sling for you guys. indoors? what are you a harelip wussy??? There is plenty of room in back the the truck with me bigboy :love:

AirForce1
04-25-2005, 11:58 AM
Aaron...you are welcome to stay, be sure to bring a sleeping bag! We are close to Ellington so we can get you out the door early the next morning if we need to.

:)I will let you know it is about a 70% chance that will stay so for know put me down to stay and if things change i will let you a couple days before.

LadyCobra01'
04-26-2005, 11:05 AM
I am bring homemade guacamole and chips!!! :thumbsup:

Has anyone had a drink called "Strip & Go Naked"? :p

Kimmy

Mrs TwiceBitten
04-26-2005, 11:24 AM
What is in that drink, Kim?

LadyCobra01'
04-26-2005, 11:26 AM
What is in that drink, Kim?

It sound gross but it taste good, Frz Pink Lemon aide, lite beer and vodka! :thumbsup:

Mrs TwiceBitten
04-26-2005, 11:35 AM
I'll bring some pink lemondade...we also have several different types of liqueur down there (Godiva white chocolate, creme brulee, chocolate chip cookie, and Kathy's sour apple from last year).

LadyCobra01'
04-26-2005, 11:47 AM
I'll bring some pink lemondade...we also have several different types of liqueur down there (Godiva white chocolate, creme brulee, chocolate chip cookie, and Kathy's sour apple from last year).

Get lg frz cans...1-can makes a pitcher of drinks...I have vodka and u will have a keg! :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
04-26-2005, 02:27 PM
updated first post. :(

I'll be arriving shortly before sunset and probably be heading home about midnight as I have to wake up at 8am Sun morning. Damn I hate work :mad:

Firme
04-26-2005, 02:57 PM
updated first post. :(

I'll be arriving shortly before sunset and probably be heading home about midnight as I have to wake up at 8am Sun morning. Damn I hate work :mad:

:thumbdwn: that sux :(

At least you be there for the funnest parts though..

( I totally agree about work)

Codes
04-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Well guys, May is a crazy month for me and ever since I have been thinking about May I have always felt something was up. I kinda felt there was a discrepency that I couldnt put my finger on...well...I figured it out this morning. May 21st my girlfriend is graduating. I dont want to miss that, she was there for mine I am going to be there for hers. Sooooo I am out guys. Ill catch it next year though, you can count on that.:thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
04-26-2005, 08:15 PM
( I totally agree about work)

But working pays off other things we have planned....house, coil-overs, a Ford Ranger for a daily driver.....damn work...;)

Topless In Tex
04-27-2005, 02:04 AM
Checked my schedule, and the only thing I see is a Regatta in Freeport all weekend, but that gives me an excuse to NOT go to the Regatta! :cool: They have not been racing that much lately anyways the last month or so.

Even though it's prolly only about a 15 min. drive for me, most likely I will stay if I am drinking. I had that request made to me. I just got off probation for the 3rd time on April 12th for my EXCELLENT driving abilities and 2 driving 'awards' I recieved in one day, and I SURELY dont need to find myself in Jail somewhere. (because ya'll will all be too loaded to bail me out and my other bondsman will be out of town!) :p

I will make some peppers (I always make waaay too much, but this time, sounds like the quantity will be perfect.) They are NOT real hot, thier really edible and quite good. Also, a girl at work makes these tortilla RollUp appetizers, that are REALLY good w/ Picante. If you want, I will get the recipe from her and bring some of those too. And I'll bring a blender, and Steves SECRET Ingredients for his Margarita recipe in bulk. ;) I will bring one bottle of Tequilla. I am on a TIGHT budget! (like real tight) If any of ya'll want to contribute to bringing Tequilla, we usually get Cuervo Gold. Its the particular 'ingredients' that make his Margaritas soooooo good.

I LOOOOVE Crawfish, and will be happy to contribute money to thier consumption. An idea: we used to throw Mushrooms (non hallucinagenic) :rotf: in w/ the corn and potatoes. They REALLY soak up the spices, and are awesome, if you have never tried it.. 'Roses' in Kemah, is where we always get them. They are usually nice size, and reasonable. Most people that I know get them there. Its like a fish market place.

What the hell is LCR? Also, if you want any help early, I will be more then happy to come out early and lend a hand. I wont have anything better to do, but wake up. :rolleyes: And, WhiteSnake will not be able to be there, he will be back out on the Ship by then. :(

Lemme know if ya want some help, okay? :thumbsup:

LadyCobra01'
04-27-2005, 11:15 AM
Roses in Seabrook is the Best place to buy seafood they have the best prices in town! :thumbsup: Rachel I can get a price for you, just let me know how many pounds you think we will need. :thumbsup:

AirForce1
04-27-2005, 01:37 PM
But working pays off other things we have planned....house, coil-overs, a Ford Ranger for a daily driver.....damn work...;)
hey..... money is money right it just dosent come easy.:(

Mrs TwiceBitten
04-27-2005, 05:16 PM
That sounds great, Christine! Kim is on the crawfish trail for us...I have a price from a place in Galveston that is pretty reasonable but am always willing to exhaust all options. Especially when we are dealing with that many pounds. I'm assuming that about 2/3 of the guests will eat them.

There is a nice blender at the house...don't worry about bringing one unless you have one you are really attached to. :) There may be a little tequila down there, I will check next time I go down. Not sure whether it is Cuervo, but it's likely. Please do make the peppers if that's not too much of a chore...there will be plenty of food for appetizers and stuffed peppers are a crowd favorite. I never turn down the offer of a little early help...you can help control the chaos that inevitably occurs before a party this size. Or, just help test the margaritas! :cool:

I repeat my plea for "beer flats" (the short cardboard boxes that cases of canned soft drinks or beer come in at Sam's) which make the best crawfish plates. Thanks to everyone who is helping round them up. We need at least 50-75.

Oh, and LCR is a mind-numbing dice game where you roll 3 dice marked with an "L," a "C" and an "R" and pass one of your dollar bills either to the left, center, or right, or keep it if you don't roll a letter. You're still in the game as long as you have a dollar, and even if you get "out," if your neighbor has to give you a dollar, you're back in. All of the money ends up in the center, and one person takes the pot. Very fun. You'll be hooked. I already have dollar bills stockpiled, but be sure to bring a few. Depending on how many people are at the table (you start each game with $3) you can walk away with some CASH! We cleaned Jim Boden out last time. :D Hope he comes back for more...

Less than a month to go! Everybody pray for nice weather!

JBoden
04-27-2005, 09:47 PM
OK - OK , I must now redeam myself with a fresh game of LCR. Clear the table, I've been practicing (not that it will do any good). :eek:

Mrs TwiceBitten
05-10-2005, 01:03 AM
OK guys...the date is rapidly approaching. We are almost through with the install of the new water heater...so this shack should have running water by party day. We won't have to use the neighbor's garden hose like we thought. ;) Christine...I checked the tequila stash and there is a bottle of high-priced Quito which will be for the machine, and 2 partial bottles of Sauza. No Cuervo. I count 5 (five) queen air mattresses so we should be in good shape for sleeping. If anyone has any questions, concerns, issues, or good jokes, let me know. Also, any karaoke requests need to be channeled through me or Jocelyn...I have a whole list of songs I sound fabulous singing when no one else is listening. I'm Grammy material after a few drinks. Any requests?

Evilcartman
05-10-2005, 07:11 PM
I will bring my Xbox. They have a new game out call Ford Mustang Racing. I figure between now and the event I will pick it up. That should be pretty cool to play even if the game sucks.

Ford Mustang Racing (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7170125&type=product&id=1110266578324)

Firme
05-10-2005, 07:26 PM
I will bring my Xbox. They have a new game out call Ford Mustang Racing. I figure between now and the event I will pick it up. That should be pretty cool to play even if the game sucks.

Ford Mustang Racing (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7170125&type=product&id=1110266578324)

Killer :thumbsup: I need to get that for PS2 as well :bounce:

Jesse99
05-11-2005, 03:27 PM
I can't wait.. I'll probably stay in Huntsville friday night.. Not sure yet.. It'll be great seeing everyone again.. Now that the warmer weather is here, I'll be making more trips to Houston to visit :thumbsup:

AirForce1
05-14-2005, 10:29 PM
I will be staying over night since they closed ellington yesterday.:bounce:

AirForce1
05-16-2005, 02:38 AM
sorry some thing came up and it dosent look like i will be able to make it.:( I will continue to try but i dout it.

ORANGE CRUSH
05-16-2005, 10:08 AM
sorry some thing came up and it dosent look like i will be able to make it.:( I will continue to try but i dout it.
Come on dude you gota go! I wanted to see you :barf: on everybody:D

93KingCobra
05-17-2005, 12:00 AM
I might have one guest come with me if that is okay??? And we might stay the night if I still have a bed reserved :D

97CasperCobra
05-17-2005, 12:34 AM
I might have one guest come with me if that is okay??? And we might stay the night if I still have a bed reserved :D

:naughty: :p

I may be bringing a friend as well.....but we won't stay the night. :(

Mrs TwiceBitten
05-17-2005, 01:03 AM
The more the merrier! I count 40 heads right now, with up to half staying the night. It will be cozy. Please check the first post and let me know if there have been any changes, or if you know you will NOT be staying. I'd rather have too many beds than not enough.

We are getting down to crunch time...anyone still wishing to bring food or whatever that I have not spoken with, please let me know. It's time to nail down the particulars.

ALSO: If you KNOW you will NOT eat crawfish...let me know so we don't overbuy like last year! Stan holds the record for most bugs eaten, so far!

Look forward to a good time that you will be telling your friends about!!! :cool:

93KingCobra
05-17-2005, 01:45 AM
The more the merrier! I count 40 heads right now, with up to half staying the night. It will be cozy. Please check the first post and let me know if there have been any changes, or if you know you will NOT be staying. I'd rather have too many beds than not enough.

We are getting down to crunch time...anyone still wishing to bring food or whatever that I have not spoken with, please let me know. It's time to nail down the particulars.

ALSO: If you KNOW you will NOT eat crawfish...let me know so we don't overbuy like last year! Stan holds the record for most bugs eaten, so far!

Look forward to a good time that you will be telling your friends about!!! :cool:

I think I said it already but no bugs for me thank you very much....

Some chicken or steaks will be nice I will have to defrost some out... :thumbsup:

Jesse99
05-17-2005, 02:01 AM
Same here, Me and Hollie won't be eating crawfish.. We never had it before..

97CasperCobra
05-17-2005, 02:22 AM
Fugg it...I'll eat whatever...I'm not picky. :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
05-17-2005, 02:23 AM
No bugs for me.

msmap
05-17-2005, 09:35 AM
No bugs for me, either, I'll just eat the potatoes :bounce:

Mrs TwiceBitten
05-17-2005, 10:47 AM
OK...so I will get fewer crawfish and will buy chicken breasts to marinate instead. David is bringing some shrimp, and I will also have some deer sausage and backstrap brochette (don't ask, just eat it). Carl had offered brisket or ribs...we will make sure that is convenient for him since those require longer prep/cook time. Thanks to everyone volunteering to chip in or bring stuff.

Anyone who wants steak, you are welcome to bring them to toss on the grill.

Firme
05-17-2005, 10:56 AM
I will have some crawfish, but not as much as stan. :D

We should talk John into bringing FaJitas

03 cobra toy
05-17-2005, 11:31 AM
I think we need two grills..... :rotf:

Evilcartman
05-17-2005, 12:03 PM
I think we need two grills..... :rotf:

Yeah, "The Shrimp" will be there. Those are awesome. :bounce:

Levi
05-17-2005, 12:16 PM
So are you all trying to tell me I need to bring alot of cash to fill up the mud bug bucket................ :rotf:

Blownsvtlightning
05-17-2005, 12:47 PM
I will not be eating any crawfish, I am however bringing some snacks for everyone to chow down on. Being that start time is at 4pm is there going to be a cruise down there like last year? or is everybody showing up at his or her leisure?

97CasperCobra
05-17-2005, 01:13 PM
I will also have some deer sausage

:drool:...you KNOW I'll have all the venison I can eat!!!

Firme
05-17-2005, 03:33 PM
........... Being that start time is at 4pm is there going to be a cruise down there like last year? or is everybody showing up at his or her leisure?

Yes, there will be a cruise down from 45 and Beltway 8 (south part of the beltway)

97CasperCobra
05-17-2005, 04:43 PM
....looking forward to seeing everyone.

Blownsvtlightning
05-17-2005, 05:18 PM
actually, Sams sells bags of boneless chicken breasts that are pretty good, I buy a bag from time to time. If somebody wants to cook them and marinate or what ever, I have a sams card and can pick up a bag.

Firme
05-17-2005, 05:23 PM
actually, Sams sells bags of boneless chicken breasts that are pretty good, I buy a bag from time to time. If somebody wants to cook them and marinate or what ever, I have a sams card and can pick up a bag.

I can always make the BBQ chicken with em if you want james. Let me know.

cobrapace94
05-17-2005, 07:14 PM

oooh yea says me, msmap, i want firme's bbq chicken :D

Blownsvtlightning
05-17-2005, 09:10 PM

sounds good. I will see about getting a bag. They are tyson bonelses and skinless chicken breasts, low fat. I usually throw a few on the grill at night, they are low maintinance to cook...

Mrs TwiceBitten
05-18-2005, 10:14 AM
Hooray! We have hot water AND electricity! Just in the nick of time. We're uptown, now.;)
James, that chicken is great and I was going to pick up a couple bags...they are really good if you squeeze a bottle of WishBone Italian Dressing in there (also available at Sam's). Let me know if you don't mind doing that, and I can reimburse you. We have plenty of seasoning to sprinkle on at the grill. Edmond's chicken would probably be tasty too! David's right...we may need another grill! ;) Anyone have a Tailgator?
Keg (Bud Light) ordered, picking up koozies today, crawfish almost ordered. Does anyone have a small electric air pump that could be used to pump up the air mattresses? Ours got stolen.
If anyone wants to bring more beer, we have a great new stainless cooler to try out! ;) Thanks Joey & Kathy.
The speckled trout are biting...four 15-17 inchers since Sunday. Flounder, too.

kencobra
05-18-2005, 12:47 PM
We have a pump for the air mattresses that I will bring. I will also bring a bottle of Cabo tequila and I can pick up whatever else you need just let me know. :)

Topless In Tex
05-19-2005, 02:04 AM
Sorry I have not been on. sailed in a Regatta all last weekend, and been sooooo busy at work! We lost a girl to surgery this week, and another collapsed at lunch on Tuesday, and she just got out of the hospital tonight. I am having the BUSIEST week at work, that I have had in a LONG time! Last few months have been really busy since I am working now on Fridays, but, this week has been 'shear' CHAOS! :eek: But, I NEED the $$$~ :thumbsup:

I will be doing BUGS, and I can give ANYONE a run for thier money on eating them! ;) Also, Mike, you mentioned Deer meat. I have some that a client gave to me, I think Sausage, and I am not sure what else, but I got more. I will prolly not eat it, ever.. If ya'll want me to bring it, I will be happy to let ya'll have it to cook it, and if you do, I know its got to be prepped, so let me know if you are interested in it or not.

I am still planning on making peppers, and Steves margaritas. And, I will prolly bring those little roll up thingies I like so much.. KIM... what time were you going to go? Were you going early? If so, come over, and we can follow each other over. I tried to call you from Chic last Sat. night and never got a hold of you. I am REAL busy at work. We need to talk...

also, I asked Col. Dan that has the '69 Shelby GT350 if he would like to stop by. (Sherri, Darrell, Kim and some of ya'll others know him.) He sounded interested in a visit. (I told him if he did, he'd have to bring that SLUG out of that '5 mile radius'.) LOL ... Please let me know if thats okay! Also, Paul might swing by on his bike (motorcycle). He was there when we were talking about it, but hes been working on the plane alot, rebuilding the engine. Although, we are not 'together' anymore, we still hang out alot. Kind of hard not to, when you have all the same friends, and do the same stuff. but, oh well...
Steve sends his best. They transported him yesterday to a little boat, off the Balder. No personal email. Just general email, and not that often, and only ship to shore phone which is like $20/min. He will be there for the remainder of this hitch. Two weeks from tonight. Maybe NEXT YEAR he can make Tiki????

So, Kim, let me know your plans. I am planning on getting things together on Sat. morning, and heading that way. And, if any of ya'll want to bring some Tequilla for my Margs. thats cool. I know the machine is nice, but I am a bit spoiled.... :baby:

97CasperCobra
05-19-2005, 02:52 AM
Also, Mike, you mentioned Deer meat. I have some that a client gave to me, I think Sausage, and I am not sure what else, but I got more. I will prolly not eat it, ever.. If ya'll want me to bring it, I will be happy to let ya'll have it to cook it, and if you do, I know its got to be prepped, so let me know if you are interested in it or not.

if we don't eat it I'll be happy to take it off your hands....I could eat deer sausage 3 times a day till I die. :D Now time to get the car cleaned up and some parts put on her. :thumbsup:

Blownsvtlightning
05-19-2005, 11:46 PM
Hooray! We have hot water AND electricity! Just in the nick of time. We're uptown, now.;)
James, that chicken is great and I was going to pick up a couple bags...they are really good if you squeeze a bottle of WishBone Italian Dressing in there (also available at Sam's). Let me know if you don't mind doing that, and I can reimburse you. We have plenty of seasoning to sprinkle on at the grill. Edmond's chicken would probably be tasty too! David's right...we may need another grill! ;) Anyone have a Tailgator?
Keg (Bud Light) ordered, picking up koozies today, crawfish almost ordered. Does anyone have a small electric air pump that could be used to pump up the air mattresses? Ours got stolen.
If anyone wants to bring more beer, we have a great new stainless cooler to try out! ;) Thanks Joey & Kathy.
The speckled trout are biting...four 15-17 inchers since Sunday. Flounder, too.

Will try to pick up a couple bags tomorrow night, reimbursement is not even an option... If anyone else can think of anything they need at Sams let me know... or I can go an hour or so before the cruise with anyone who wants to show up early, as sam's is about 2 min away from the movie theater. I have a 60QT igloo I will try to fill with ice tomorrow if anyone needs ice for beer or what not. at least I think its a 60qt? either way its a biggun

Mrs TwiceBitten
05-20-2005, 02:53 PM
James - muchas gracias for the ice and chicken run...VERY helpful...if you squeeze a bottle of that Italian dressing into it while it's thawing...most excellent marinade.
Christine - I believe I have enough deer sausage, so will let Mike take it off of your hands...thanks SO much for the offer! I'm waiting for the peppers and tortilla thingies...me first!

I AM WALKING OUT THE DOOR TO GO TO THE BAY RIGHT NOW AND WILL NOT HAVE COMPUTER ACCESS - PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH ANYTHING THAT MUST BE READ BEFORE TOMORROW.

Call me directly with any questions: 713-829-3321 or Larry at 713-829-7585.

Topless In Tex
05-21-2005, 02:21 AM
Good thing on the Deer Sausage.. cuz, i FORGOT the sausage in the Freezer at work. Its been there for about 3 months, and I TOTALLY forgot it!!! (sorry Mike, but you are still welcome to it, If I can remember to bring it home!)
was at the park tonight w/ all the guys and Kim came up there. If I am ready when she is ready to leave, I will follow her, otherwise, I will prolly wait and meet up w/ Dan. Dan is working on the Shelby tomorrow, and will most likely bring it out. he needs to blow the Cobwebs out of it, but wont stay long, does not want to subject it to the Saltwater for too long...which I can understand!!!! Paul is taking the ZR1 to a show in Alvin tomorrow, and they might hook up, and come and visit.
I will get up in the morning.... ( i hope) and hit the grocery, and the liquor store. I am gonna get the stuff together and have it ready. So, I dont have to deal with it after I get there. Also have some other errands/business to take care of. minor things like paying my house note. uggh...
Looking forward to seeing ya'll tomorrow.
See ya'll tomorrow. :cool:

Carl G
05-21-2005, 12:14 PM
alright everyone I have two cooked Briskets that I am bringing. Be careful on over kill!!!!

Evilcartman
05-21-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm bringing my Xbox and I believe that the Gimp is also. If anyone has any Xbox games, please bring them. I have about 50 games, but Gimp doesn't have the same ones I do. If we have a extra copy of the game, we can system link easier. Hopefully someone has Burn out 3. That is a great multiplayer game.

Blownsvtlightning
05-21-2005, 03:15 PM
I got the chicken breasts... Edmond, have some of that bad ass bbq sauce you use ready. I will be bringing some appetizers as well...

93KingCobra
05-21-2005, 03:57 PM
Just about to walk out the door I'll see ya'll there.. :thumbsup: