PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions

ProfChaos
04-14-2005, 01:54 AM
Yowza! Pardon the hyperbole, but I just went for my first bonafide drive in the '96 Cobra. (I had test-driven the car briefly before buying it, but understandably, took it easy, as Dave, trusting me further than many would, just threw me the keys and told me to take it for a test spin.) Now that I own it, however, I can feel comfortabe driving it as suits my fancy, and that I did.

As Hemingway might say, "it's a damn fine [car]."

My first impression after a modestly aggressive drive through a few twisties in the suburbs of Atlanta is that the car was designed to be an "experience to drive." I thought to myself, "So, that's what the strut tower braces add." For me, it's a new dimension to driving--solid, responsive, and downright cool-sounding with the aftermarket exhaust and x-pipe.

Bravo! SVT. :thumbsup:

...I hereby dub her "Lorena", a prettier name than "Elanor", and a name that also happens to be both an anagram for "Elanor" and the moniker of a kindly and pretty friend of mine.

cheers,
--Professor Chaos

InfamousSVT
04-14-2005, 05:39 AM
Good deal!

So I guess you'll be attending the club's Open Track events?:thumbsup:

Stavesacre21
04-14-2005, 08:02 AM
Always a good time opening the ole 97 up! :thumbsup:

For a moment, i thought that maybe Shakespeare had taken this car out for a spin, then reported his results ten fold :eek: :D

Nice to have you aboard professor.....just outta curiosity, what do you teach?

Firme
04-14-2005, 09:47 AM
Always a good time opening the ole 97 up! :thumbsup:

For a moment, i thought that maybe Shakespeare had taken this car out for a spin, then reported his results ten fold :eek: :D

Nice to have you aboard professor.....just outta curiosity, what do you teach?

Professor Chaos is from South Park. Its Butter's secret identity :D
http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/imgs/misc/profchaos.jpg

Nice to see you enjoy the 97 and welcome to the site. Make sure to do a club open track event and you will get the full experience of what the car can do. :thumbsup:

nckissfan
04-14-2005, 12:17 PM
and.....come join the club. It is a great club to be a part of.

NewFoundPower
04-14-2005, 02:10 PM
Congrats, now you are officially addicted and your life will never be the same (nor will your bank account).:D :thumbsup:

-D-

ProfChaos
04-18-2005, 01:31 PM
I teach "Digital Media and Culture" at Georgia Tech, which is a fancier, experimental version of English Composition I and II, one that both incorporates and interrogates digital media and critiques its impact upon contemporary culture. (Half of the writing in the course takes place in cyberspace, and students conduct a semester-long research project that becomes a Web site critiquing digital media's impact upon society.)

Our in-class emphasis is on film as literature, and we just finished our coverage of O Brother, Where Art Thou?

"Looks like ol' George is right back on top again!" :)

cheers,
--Professor Chaos