PDA

View Full Version : Went 4-wheelin in the cobra today

NewFoundPower
04-15-2005, 03:54 PM
Well, driving home after work and a woman in her suburban was talking on her cell phone not paying attention to her driving and swerved in my lane. Instinct was to jerk the wheel to get out of her way and when I did the back end started sliding. I let of the gas and tried to recorrect the wheel but it was too late, I hit the grass on the road and it was all over for me. I headed (slow motion I might add) right into the ditch. Thankfully it was full of mud and water and cushioned my impact. 2 hours and $50 bucks later, I get it pulled out and to my surprise NO DAMAGE, just a really muddy car. It was amazing to see how many people pulled over and offered assistance. At least 7 good samaritans asked if they could help. All in all, I am not too mad and now I can laugh about it:D . Funny thing is, the woman in the suburban didn't even stop. Thank goodness it is Friday!!

-D-

Firme
04-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Glad you are okay man, :eek: that is scary. After you wash all of the mud off of the cobra, re-examine everything to make sure there is no hidden damage.

Funny thing is, the woman in the suburban didn't even stop. Thank goodness it is Friday!!

-D-

:rolleyes: that totally does not surprise me

nckissfan
04-15-2005, 04:05 PM
damn drivers not paying attention. Stuff like that happens to me often, just not to that extent. I am glad there is no damage to you, or your Cobra.

NewFoundPower
04-15-2005, 04:36 PM
Thanks guys. I am taking it to the shop on Monday to have everything checked out. My knees are still shaking a bit. I just knew that I had destroyed the front end. Lady luck was on my side.

-D-

nckissfan
04-15-2005, 04:43 PM
at least she didn't run you off the road:)

cobracrazy
04-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Glad you are OK! That stinks that she didn't stop. Did the other people see her? It would be a good idea to report her, it may stop her from doing it again. Having the car looked at is a smart move just to be sure.

NewFoundPower
04-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Unfortunately is happened so fast that I couldn't get her plates. People's carelessness on the road never ceases to amaze me. So, to make this day end on a high note I ordered my CAI from JLT :thumbsup: . Feeling better already. :D

-D-

nckissfan
04-15-2005, 09:58 PM
that's one way to make yourself feel better:D

93KingCobra
04-15-2005, 10:31 PM
The only thing that matters is that your okay....Cars can be replaced :thumbsup:

NewFoundPower
04-15-2005, 11:13 PM
Thats for sure. In 99 a drunk driver hit me in my 93 cobra. Put my head through the windshield (yeah I was wearing a seatbelt too). Of course he had no insurance(thank God for underinsured motorist policy) and I had to file claim a/g my own insurance. 2 years, 6surgeries, and $100k later, here I am. You would think with the all the plastic surgery they could have at least made me better looking :rotf: . Wanted to get that in there before Greg did :D .

-D-

crunchit
04-15-2005, 11:29 PM
Scary stuff man. Happy to hear you are fine. The woman probably didn't even know what she did. Get the toothe brush out this weekend...lot's of work to be done by the sound of it!

As if you need an excuse to keep that beast shiny. :)

Big Daddy
04-16-2005, 02:07 AM
Thats for sure. In 99 a drunk driver hit me in my 93 cobra. Put my head through the windshield (yeah I was wearing a seatbelt too). Of course he had no insurance(thank God for underinsured motorist policy) and I had to file claim a/g my own insurance. 2 years, 6surgeries, and $100k later, here I am. You would think with the all the plastic surgery they could have at least made me better looking :rotf: . Wanted to get that in there before Greg did :D .

-D-

DUDE You mean your face is AFTER plastic surgery??? Damn did you you sue??? :rotf: :rotf: ;)

Sorry the ditz in the SUV ran you off the road! Glad to hear your ride is ok. Make sure to check the alignment! :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
04-16-2005, 05:43 PM
That sucks David, but glad to hear that you're alright!

Rodo
04-16-2005, 11:59 PM
Sounds like a close call that could have been alot worse!!! Glad you are ok!

ausie
04-17-2005, 11:59 AM
I am gald to hear you came through without injury :thumbsup: I am also glad to hear that others stopped to see if you need any help :thumbsup:

That sounds like this past Friday was full of idiots on the road. I had an incident without any damage too and I was fortunate to stay on the road. I was traveling home from work and within a mile of my first destination (to pick up the dog at my parents) I saw this black VW Jetta stop at one of the side roads. I was sure that this person saw me since they just sat there waiting. At the last minute they pulled out right into my path. I had two choices, slam on the brakes and rear end the jetta or hit the gas and cross over onto the on comming lane. I understand the slow motion thing all too well. I was grateful that time slowed down so I can assess the situation. If there was on-comming traffic, I would have hit the Jetta for sure. And to think I was only driving 5 mph below the speed limit too. I was not surprised to see that the driver was talking on a cell phone either. IT seems that 3 out of 5 drivers use cell phones while driving, and 9 out of 10 of them have accidents or cause accidents while using them. The remainder just have poor dirving habits or lack visual perception of distance. I can't wait until they start passing laws against cell phone use while driving. I know some states have that established, but many are lacking the guts to pass them. If you cannot drink and drive because you lack the ability to control a vehicle properly, the same should apply to cell phone use while driving. I think cell phone users that cause accidents (if they involve a fatality) should be charged with murder as is the case with drinking and driving since they willingly place their life and others in jeopardy. Sure drinking may be an additcion issue, so is cell phone use since the cell phone addicts cannot seam to get that damn thing out of their ear.

SlowSVT
04-19-2005, 02:35 AM
I am gald to hear you came through without injury :thumbsup: I am also glad to hear that others stopped to see if you need any help :thumbsup:

That sounds like this past Friday was full of idiots on the road. I had an incident without any damage too and I was fortunate to stay on the road. I was traveling home from work and within a mile of my first destination (to pick up the dog at my parents) I saw this black VW Jetta stop at one of the side roads. I was sure that this person saw me since they just sat there waiting. At the last minute they pulled out right into my path. I had two choices, slam on the brakes and rear end the jetta or hit the gas and cross over onto the on comming lane. I understand the slow motion thing all too well. I was grateful that time slowed down so I can assess the situation. If there was on-comming traffic, I would have hit the Jetta for sure. And to think I was only driving 5 mph below the speed limit too. I was not surprised to see that the driver was talking on a cell phone either. IT seems that 3 out of 5 drivers use cell phones while driving, and 9 out of 10 of them have accidents or cause accidents while using them. The remainder just have poor dirving habits or lack visual perception of distance. I can't wait until they start passing laws against cell phone use while driving. I know some states have that established, but many are lacking the guts to pass them. If you cannot drink and drive because you lack the ability to control a vehicle properly, the same should apply to cell phone use while driving. I think cell phone users that cause accidents (if they involve a fatality) should be charged with murder as is the case with drinking and driving since they willingly place their life and others in jeopardy. Sure drinking may be an additcion issue, so is cell phone use since the cell phone addicts cannot seam to get that damn thing out of their ear.

My understanding is that cell phone user are more likey to get into accidents then drunk drivers (satistically speaking). If that lady caused an accident while using a cell phone the police wanna know about it. Here in California they will factor that into the accident report and may result in added penalties.

I had a situation where a young girl decided to park here pick-up 2 feet in front of my bike. The moron is gabbing on her cell phone with the engine running AND IN REVERSE and just sits there! All she had to do was release a little pressure on the brake and she whould have run over my bike. Finally I walked up and tapped on her window and interupted the conversation. She rolls down the window and I ask her to please take her car out of reverse before she runs my bike over. She gives me this annoyed look and says "nothing gunna happen" takes in out of gear and returns to her gossip. Man I just wanted to slap that stupid broad.

siteimp
04-26-2005, 11:35 PM
Hard to believe but this is a true story.

I dropped my 03 10th conv off at the dealer to check for the tick. Parked in the service center parking lot, some 19 year old blonde :thumbsup: backing out of the parking space hit my car:bounce: . $1,000.00 damage.

Three days later the dealership's parking lot was broken into. They stole the wheels off my car and the brand new Borla exhaust in my trunk.:(

Keep smiling:)

NewFoundPower
04-27-2005, 08:34 AM
Well that sucks! Is the dealership going to reimburse you for the exhaust or are you gonna make a claim to your insurance?

-D-