PDA

View Full Version : I am new...be gentle.

Jeff
04-18-2005, 12:43 PM
I am looking at a 04 Chromemystic Cobra. The mileage is only 1200. The car looks great, but I have some concerns I was hoping someone could help me with.

The car had the RR 1/4 panel and rear bumper painted do to a scratch in the RR 1/4. I could tell when I opened the gas cap door.

The exhaust was replaced with a Flowmaster system.

Are these two items a negative?

The price is $27995.

What is your opinion????

Jeff

AirForce1
04-18-2005, 01:18 PM
I am looking at a 04 Chromemystic Cobra. The mileage is only 1200. The car looks great, but I have some concerns I was hoping someone could help me with.

The car had the RR 1/4 panel and rear bumper painted do to a scratch in the RR 1/4. I could tell when I opened the gas cap door.

The exhaust was replaced with a Flowmaster system.

Are these two items a negative?

The price is $27995.

What is your opinion????

Jeff

I would not say that they are negetive. but i would get the vin # from the owner and look at an acident report. and then it is up to you. if it has not had an acident it would come down to how notisable it is. if it not that noticable aventualy you could get it fixed. but like i said it comes down to what your budget is. if it was me i would get the acident report and then look around a little more you never know what other deals you can find...... good luck:thumbsup:

Mirage
04-18-2005, 03:35 PM
Jeff~ I wouldn't be to concerned with the after market exhaust as the quality of the re-paint. Mystic Cobra's themselves are a rarity and if you're able to get one you'd want to make sure everything is correct. This is especially true of the paint (the main reason you're getting this type of car). I'd do my due diligence regarding the history of the car and then if everything is in order I'd purchase it. Best of luck! :thumbsup:

nckissfan
04-18-2005, 03:53 PM
One good question to ask the owner is who repainted the car. And not fussing, but it is referred to as Mystichrome.

InfamousSVT
04-19-2005, 12:10 AM
I'd check it out and see where it was painted at like said above.

But it sounds like a good deal. Plus when you drive around after you get it it'll be worth all the looks you get!:thumbsup:

blk04cobra1
04-19-2005, 10:47 AM
agreed with what everyone above has said...you have to look at the car you are purchasing, it's not like most people buy these things to drive around like grannies...that being said, 1200 miles is nothing...go for it :thumbsup:

FearTheSnake
04-19-2005, 02:58 PM
I would definitely have the car checked out(Ford Dealer) in your area plus run a history report. That price seems a little low? Loan value(according to my bank) is much more than that. If everything checks out I'd certainly consider purchasing at that price range. Get lots of compliments on the car and you won't see many around at all.

Good luck and welcome aboard.!