PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

Evilcartman
04-19-2005, 11:28 AM
If you have been to my house before you more than likely have seen all the crazy kids in our Cul-de-sac. There are like 10-15 boys playing ball out there all the time, with my driveway being third base. We have told them over and over to not hit our cars with their balls and bikes, but they will not stop. We have told the parents and they donít do anything. Sunday I watched them hit the rental car dead on in the door and dent it. I then proceeded to go out side and scream about every cuss word in the book, but they were back last night doing it again. I have had it. We have a 10 acre park a block away, but the parents donít want them that far from the house. We are moving, but what do I do for the mean time? How do you handle kids that wonít stay off your property? I don't really care about them riding their bikes in our grass and leaving toys in our yard, but the damage to the cars is to much.

Twice Bitten
04-19-2005, 11:48 AM
Call whoever patrols the neighborhood and register a complaint with them. Also find out who caused the damage and get the officer to visit with the kids parents, and get them to pay for the damage.

LadyCobra01'
04-19-2005, 12:17 PM
I agree with Larry! I would be ticked off and take further action. :mad:

Kim

jimmysidecarr
04-19-2005, 12:41 PM
The LOOOOONG ARM of the LAW!!!!...

It's serious now!! :mad:

Jimmy

Josh968
04-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Pellet gun.

If that doesn't work, some 00 buckshot will take care of the problem.

97CasperCobra
04-19-2005, 01:22 PM
My older brother has a pretty sweet paintball gun I'm sure he can rent out to ya. Just let me know when to come over....I need a few good laughs. :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
04-19-2005, 02:20 PM
I know we can call the police on them, but I hate to be the cop caller. I guess that is the next step. The dent on the rental is very small, hopefully it won't be noticed. We really don't care since we are moving. It just drives me crazy to have to deal with this. When I was a kid I was not allowed to ride my bike in the neighbors driveway. These kids are out of control. They refuse to stay off our property.

93KingCobra
04-19-2005, 02:38 PM
Bad Boys Bad Boys... watcha gonna do... watcha gonna do when they come for you.....Bad Boys Bad Boys :D

ORANGE CRUSH
04-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Call whoever patrols the neighborhood and register a complaint with them. Also find out who caused the damage and get the officer to visit with the kids parents, and get them to pay for the damage.
This is exactly what I would do. You are leaving so who cares what those people think. If some little snot turd hit one of my cars, even my company car, I would call the POLICE, 5-0, Johnny Law, The Fuzz and complain.

If that doesn't work than I would do the paint gun thing like Mike said:rotf:

msmap
04-19-2005, 11:44 PM
the Law is your friend :)

sssvtcobra
04-20-2005, 12:35 PM
I would call and complain to the cops first, then get reimbursed for the repairs to the rental. That way you don't take the chance in getting billed for them. And if the cops don't work, then do what I do. Go out grab them by the shirt or arm and take them back to their house and raise hell with them and their parents. I live in the same situation you do. I live in a culdesac, and all the kids hang out at the house next door. I've even popped one of their red four square balls before, then threw it in the garbage. I hope it all works out for ya. I just can't stand kids and parents that don't respect other peoples stuff.

Bingo13
04-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Tell Scott to go home and the rest of them should follow. :D

If not, a pit bull on a long chain works or laying out in the front yard in a speedo reading a choice magazine will get the parents attention. ;)

03 cobra toy
04-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Take a water hose to them...... :rotf:

nckissfan
04-20-2005, 06:20 PM
you guys are killing mehttp://www.easysmileys.com/smile_chairfall.gif. I guess since cussing, and complaining to the parents don't work, you have to do something. They need to be stopped before someone really hurts them. Fortunately for them, you have not kicked their little butts.........yet.

Codes
04-21-2005, 10:13 AM
Call the Police. My cousin and his friend were walking through there neighbor hood and they found a skate board lying in the street in front of this kids house. Well, (now I know this wasnt the smart thing to do, but what is done is done) they picked it up and started messing with it. My cousins friend decides he wants to see how tough it is. Well, he puts it on the curb and breaks it in half. So the kids mom must see all of this, and even though it wasnt in there yard, it was on the street. She calls the cops, my cousin is a freshman this year, it happened last year. So at 9 o clock at night, a week later, the cops pull into my cousins yard, lights going...all that ****. Knock on his door, tell him if he doesnt pay half then they will put out a warrent for his arrest.

The cops should take care of you...I wouldnt hesitate to call them.

Andy M
04-21-2005, 10:21 AM
You know... it is the parents who need their A$$ kicked!!! not the kids. I for one, would take care of the A$$ kicking for my own kids, thank you! :rolleyes:

Jeez, kids these days just have waaaaay too much freedom. When I was a kid, if I damaged someone else's property, my dad would have blistered my butt! So, I learned at a young age to respect other people's stuff!!

The parents are to blame!! Kids will take whatever rope you give them (however long it is) and run with it until there is no more rope left. As a parent, I will decide how much rope to give them!

ok, off my soapbox.... this kind of thing just chaps my butt!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

these are the same parents you see on TV during the news complaining and crying when something bad happens to their kids! Take responsibility damn it!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Evilcartman
04-21-2005, 10:58 AM
Thanks everybody for the input. I agree, the parents are the problem. I spend a lot of time out side washing my cars and working on the house. I always see these kids outside and never see the parents. I always picture them just sitting inside watching TV for hours while their kids are out tearing crap up. Some parents I have never seen. I really hate calling the cops, but we won't be there much longer. The other issue is, it is not just one kid, but a group, the cops would have to knock on all their doors. My direct neighbors kids is constantly inviting new kids from around the neighborhood to his house, so I wouldn't have a clue where their parents live.

I may just sit on my truck tailgate, wait until it the ball comes in my yard and then grab it and pop it. But then I also worry about vandals. It is a problem, but hopefully I can work it out for the best. I just wish the parents I have talked to would do something. Worst part is, I was outside working on Barry's car, one of the father's kicked a football straight up and it bounced into Barry's car. He did nothing and said nothing. I just told him he can't be hitting our cars and got no response. I guess I can't expect the kids to worry about damage if the father doesn't care either.

Codes
04-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Thanks everybody for the input. I agree, the parents are the problem. I spend a lot of time out side washing my cars and working on the house. I always see these kids outside and never see the parents. I always picture them just sitting inside watching TV for hours while their kids are out tearing crap up. Some parents I have never seen. I really hate calling the cops, but we won't be there much longer. The other issue is, it is not just one kid, but a group, the cops would have to knock on all their doors. My direct neighbors kids is constantly inviting new kids from around the neighborhood to his house, so I wouldn't have a clue where their parents live.

I may just sit on my truck tailgate, wait until it the ball comes in my yard and then grab it and pop it. But then I also worry about vandals. It is a problem, but hopefully I can work it out for the best. I just wish the parents I have talked to would do something. Worst part is, I was outside working on Barry's car, one of the father's kicked a football straight up and it bounced into Barry's car. He did nothing and said nothing. I just told him he can't be hitting our cars and got no response. I guess I can't expect the kids to worry about damage if the father doesn't care either.
Thats so stupid.

" '04 Ranger 4.0L
'03 Cobra
'02 Taurus
'93 Cobra
Current security: CHL and a Glock 23C"

AHEM, you dont have the security for nothing. Oh GOD, He's coming straight for us:thumbsup: