PDA

View Full Version : 03 sc on a 97 what does it take ?

tazzracing1
04-19-2005, 07:50 PM
I would like to know what it would take to put an 03 sc on a 97 and if it can be done? Thank You for the help once again.

cobrabitn
04-19-2005, 08:20 PM
Larry,

It would cost more to convert it then if you just went out and bought an 03 Cobra. The best thing to do is to have an 03 donor car and then move everything from one car to the other.

You would have challenges like:

Cooler
larger injectors
In tank pumps
idler pulleys
pulley covers
wiring
heat exchanger
hoses
clamps
throttle body
hoses for TB
and probably a lot more then I have listed here....

Best bet for anyone, sell the 97 and buy an 03 to replace it with.

JMHO

tazzracing1
04-19-2005, 09:08 PM
I will wait and see what can find for a donor or save up and maybe buy a kit. I was just having thoughts of what to do, I still get a thrill from driving the car and all the look and thumbs up. They are very few Cobras around here but I keep an eye out at all mustangs just in case. I also found a post from Tom about a simular ? from someone else and he also posted not a good idea.

I want to say Thank You for the help and advice.

tcrews
04-20-2005, 06:34 PM
It's been done, and the person who did it said they would have saved a ton by selling/trading the car and getting an '03/'04. Plus you need to add the expense of rebuilding your engine as well because you have hyperutectic pistons at 9.85:1 compression and the '03/'04 Cobra have forged pistons at 8.5:1 compression. Also you'll need '99 up heads, '99 up exhaust manifolds, some serious computer tuning (no IMRC's in the new heads, lots of little things the '03/'04 computer does when in boost / out of boost, etc..).

It be easier and cheaper to swap the '03 engine (complete) than to retrofit the '03 blower to the '96-'98 engine. Would still require a LOT of computer tuning/trickery.