PDA

View Full Version : Body and paint

kencobra
04-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Unfortunately I need a good paint and body shop for the Cobra and Jocelyn's GT. I prefer a ford dealership. Has anyone had body / paint work done at Planet Ford ? What a crappy day :(

LadyCobra01'
04-21-2005, 11:59 AM
:eek: What happened?

Kim

kencobra
04-21-2005, 12:26 PM
Pulling out of the garage this morning I side swiped Jocelyn's Mustang. Scraped and bruised the Cobra from front wheel well into the front door and her car from just back of back wheel well to the back bumper. :(

97CasperCobra
04-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Damn Ken...sorry to hear. I wouldn't take ANY car I owned to Planet Ford. There are several members(Jimmysidecarr, David) who have had great success at body shops other than Ford dealerships.

Sucks man.....hope ya get them fixed soon. :thumbsup:

LadyCobra01'
04-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Pulling out of the garage this morning I side swiped Jocelyn's Mustang. Scraped and bruised the Cobra from front wheel well into the front door and her car from just back of back wheel well to the back bumper. :(

That suxs!!! :( I agree I wouldn't take it to a dealership! :doubt:

93KingCobra
04-21-2005, 01:44 PM
David took his car to this place and they do very good work..

MODENA Autowerks
12506 West Bellfort ave.
Houston,TX 77099

Firme
04-21-2005, 02:42 PM
David took his car to this place and they do very good work..

MODENA Autowerks
12506 West Bellfort ave.
Houston,TX 77099

We have used this shop and it does top quality work :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
04-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Northwood Lincoln Mercury did mine ...(I work there)

And our body shop manager drives a 97 SVT Cobra vert to work everyday.

Excellent quality... I was very pleased.

Lincoln customers are very fussy(so are SVT ... I should know)

We do them right!! Our painter is awesome!!!

Jimmy :thumbsup:

cobrapace94
04-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Dang Ken, that suxs bad.
Anyway you can blame this on women driver or parking?? Kidding girls. :D

msmap
04-21-2005, 05:57 PM
Dang Ken, that suxs bad.
Anyway you can blame this on women driver or parking?? Kidding girls. :D

Hey, I resemble that remark :mad: :mad: :mad: Maybe you guys should really learn how to drive before getting them fancy high hp cars :p :p :p

Wow :eek: Ken, that has got to sux big time. Did Jocelyn remain calm thru this? I think I would try Jimmy's dealer first.

kencobra
04-21-2005, 05:59 PM
I blame it on me being sick and should have called in sick but I almost never miss work. I did take the car to Modeno and hopefully it will be ready next Friday. :thumbsup:

I wish I had a camera, they had some awesome cars in their parking lot. Really loved the early 60's Impala two door street rod.

Phil, now we are both Cobraless. :( My situation is just temporary. :)

Got an '05 f150 four door rental, not bad.

msmap
04-21-2005, 06:09 PM

Oh dear, hope you don't get near Jocelyn's GT with that thing :eek: :eek:
(jk)

Firme
04-21-2005, 06:10 PM
I blame it on me being sick and should have called in sick but I almost never miss work. I did take the car to Modeno and hopefully it will be ready next Friday. :thumbsup:

I wish I had a camera, they had some awesome cars in their parking lot. Really loved the early 60's Impala two door street rod.

Phil, now we are both Cobraless. :( My situation is just temporary. :)

Ken, if you are not claiming it on insurance, mention SCMC and they should knock something off the price :thumbsup:

kencobra
04-21-2005, 07:00 PM
I am claiming it but they do give our club 10% off. May check into having them paint a strut tower brace sonic blue.

93KingCobra
04-21-2005, 07:21 PM
I am claiming it but they do give our club 10% off. May check into having them paint a strut tower brace sonic blue.

Sweet man glad I could help.... :thumbsup:

LadyCobra01'
04-22-2005, 05:24 PM

That is cool! Thank goodness the Tiki Party isn't this weekend! :thumbsup:

Topless In Tex
04-23-2005, 03:56 AM
Steve Scarbrough that owns 'Custom Anything' has done alot of work for me, Whitesnake, and friends of our that show. Hes in Deer Park. Hes a GREAT guy, a perfectionist and dirt cheap. I have not talked to him in a while, but I'm sure I could track him down.
When I jumped that curb leaving WhiteSnakes a few years ago, and then the same night backed into my neighbors garage at the apartments I lived in at that time, (3 DAYS before I was to show at Autorama) :eek: He came out to Autorama when we rolled in, and grinded down my wheels that got ate by the curb, and fixed my back bumper that was covered in plaster from the garage, and I STILL took a 2nd place! :thumbsup:
Like I said, I have not talked to him in a while, but, hes used to dealing with people that expect high/show quality and he is very very reasonable. He IS a perfectionist!
:banana:TNT:banana: