PDA

View Full Version : Installing my JLT CAI this weekend.

NewFoundPower
04-21-2005, 04:59 PM
As the title says and even though it came with very good instructions I was just wondering if there were any problems you guys encountered while installing it or any tricks of the trade you could give me to make it go as smooth as possible. Thanks in advance.

-D-

crunchit
04-21-2005, 07:15 PM
It's pretty straight forward. Don't forget to disconnect your negative battery terminal. Have fun!

InfamousSVT
04-25-2005, 09:02 PM
David, to make it easier I'd jack up the right front tire, take off the tire and the splash guard and it'll make things go more smoothly!:)

Make sure you post pics after you're finished:D !

cobrabitn
04-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Go to the tech section of the website, my installation instructions are in there! :)

NewFoundPower
04-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Thanks everyone. Got it installed this weekend, took about 2 hours to get it the way I wanted it. Got in the car to start it and it would crank but immediately cut off. Sounded like the car was choking. Went back and checked all my hoses and clamps, made sure that the wires were plugged in securely and tried again. Same result. Now I am thinking to myself "What the hell have I done wrong!?!?!?". (Oh yeah, I should add that I had already but the car back together and put the wheel back on and the car was off the jacks at this point). Work my way back under the car and pull out the MAF, with a close inspeiction I realized I had but it on backwards :doh2: . Put it back on (the right way this time) and the car ran no problem.

On a side note, I really like the JLT system. Noticeable difference in performance. Can't wait to get the cobra on a dyno.

-D-

Flame suit is on, fire away Greg.

Tucker
04-28-2005, 08:45 PM
That's great, I'm glad you got it straight.
Jay

Big Daddy
04-29-2005, 02:13 AM
Thanks everyone. Got it installed this weekend, took about 2 hours to get it the way I wanted it. Got in the car to start it and it would crank but immediately cut off. Sounded like the car was choking. Went back and checked all my hoses and clamps, made sure that the wires were plugged in securely and tried again. Same result. Now I am thinking to myself "What the hell have I done wrong!?!?!?". (Oh yeah, I should add that I had already but the car back together and put the wheel back on and the car was off the jacks at this point). Work my way back under the car and pull out the MAF, with a close inspeiction I realized I had but it on backwards :doh2: . Put it back on (the right way this time) and the car ran no problem.

On a side note, I really like the JLT system. Noticeable difference in performance. Can't wait to get the cobra on a dyno.

-D-

Flame suit is on, fire away Greg.

Now what makes you think I'm going to flame your slow arse Cobra or you?? ;) :D :thumbsup:

BTW those MAF's really work well when installed correctly! :D ;) :rotf: