PDA

View Full Version : Is the Shifter change worth it?

RaciNUT
04-26-2005, 11:08 PM
Hi All -

Currently I have a Steeda Tri-Ax in the T-45... I have read and heard great things about the MGW (Blue)...

Has anyone made a similar switch? Not from stock but from a shorter throw to the MGW? I want to hear what kind of difference it may or may not have made for you... (Quicker, Smoother, etc)

I'm 6'1 and my knuckles drag the ground when I walk... so reach isnt an issue!:whipit:

93KingCobra
04-26-2005, 11:23 PM
All I can say is DO IT :thumbsup:

Firme
04-27-2005, 12:31 AM
I switched from a Tri-Ax to an MGW with the blue handle on my 01.

I all I can say is it was TOTALLY worth it. NIGHT AND DAY difference between MGW and Tri-AX.

its quieter, smoother, more solid, more accurate, shorter throw, better shift geometry.

It IS the shifter the car should have come with in an ideal situation.

InfamousSVT
04-27-2005, 03:29 AM
DO IT!:thumbsup:

MGW all the way....hands down the best after-market shifter out!:D

RaciNUT
04-27-2005, 08:45 AM
Well!

After these unanimous words of encouragement... I am going to order one this week! I think I will go with the Blue one... all about the performance!

Thanks all!

flynfink
04-27-2005, 10:44 AM
I know I'm going against the grain here but, my steeda rocks, it's not noisy, notchy nor do i have any other issues. I've driven a car with an MGW and it also is a great shifter. But, I can't see replacing my perfectly good shifter. Now, if I had issues with the shifter, MGW would be the replacment choice.

So, is the shifter in your car giving you problems? The steeda or Pro-5 are great choices and will help prevent transmission issues.

my $0.02

Lumpydogs
04-27-2005, 11:41 AM
I know I'm going against the grain here but, my steeda rocks, it's not noisy, notchy nor do i have any other issues. I've driven a car with an MGW and it also is a great shifter. But, I can't see replacing my perfectly good shifter. Now, if I had issues with the shifter, MGW would be the replacment choice.

So, is the shifter in your car giving you problems? The steeda or Pro-5 are great choices and will help prevent transmission issues.

my $0.02

Same here. My Tri-Ax works great :D

Big Daddy
04-27-2005, 01:52 PM
I went from the Tri-ax to the MGW and I have to say it was worth the swap. With the Tri-ax I had a ton of noise and third gear was still hard to hit on a power shift. None of the noise and never miss a gear. Your milage may vary! :D ;)